Anarchists and the definition of Middle Class liberal

by COnfused Saturday, Jan. 19, 2002 at 6:10 PM

It seems whenever Anarchists are critiqued they begin with rants of you are nothing but Middle class liberal scum.

Over the past few days I have had a few conversations with anarchists and have been called nothing but middle-class liberal scum, mostly because I did not agree or I had questions with the way that some anarchists do things. I just wanted to know what is middle-class to anarchist? What definition are using to dictate who is middle-class, or liberal scum? I consider myself to be a revolutionary and have more than done my part at demonstrations and organizing events to raise awareness of socio-political events. I would not consider myself middle-class, elitist, liberal or any other term that has been used to describe me. I do have some problems with the way that some people approach things but I do not just sit back and criticize I do go out and participate in as many actions as possible. I was there in seattle getting tear gassed, I was there at the DNC in LA. I did not have the privelage, time or money to travel to genoa, ottowa, quebec city, nor will have the privelage or time to travel to NEw york but I will be there in spirit. My concern is that anytime that you bring up a question or criticism with any anarchist about the way that they approach things they shut you out and call you a liberal. They always say that they will be organizing the working-class and I consider myself to be working class because I do not make much money and work a lot, but yet I do not see anyone trying to organize where I work. I have tried and still try to get people who I work with to raise their conciousness and see that they have the power to become organized. I do not like the fact that the tendecy is to dismiss people just becuause they might not have the same viewpoint as you, I believe this is the same thing that the governments we are all trying to fight are doing. You then become the thing that you are trying to fight. I am not criticizing all anarchists because I have and still do work with anarchists, I just want to know what is middle-class and what is liberal and who is the working class, because it seems you dismiss the people working at Wal-Mart for /hr, the people who work in the big chain resteraunts for minimum wage or anyone who is not working in the glorified working-class factories as people who are not working-class. SO who do you organize? I am sure that the attacks I recieve I will be called a liberal, bouergeoise, elitist, and a whole bunch of other nonsensical terms. I will be laughing again and again as I work my ten hour days and then go to events and see the same people that call me liberal and elitist. I hope to hear from some of you.

Listed below are the 10 latest comments of 7 posted about this article.
underlying philo? 892374ioase Saturday, Jan. 19, 2002 at 7:36 PM
Answers for the very COnfused guy Pinko-bleeding-upper-class-Liberal Saturday, Jan. 19, 2002 at 7:50 PM
in response anarchist sympathizer Saturday, Jan. 19, 2002 at 8:52 PM

More problems at Shutdown San Onofre Nuke J29 10:40PM

Change Links 2018 July posted J09 8:27PM

Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles J30 11:26PM

Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert! J11 6:58AM

Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California M31 5:20AM

Change Links June 2018 posted M28 7:41AM

Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi M17 10:22PM

CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police M10 9:08PM

Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies M10 8:57PM

California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings) M02 8:31PM

Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico A29 11:47PM

Change Links May 2018 A27 8:40AM

Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed A27 5:37AM

GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE A13 12:39AM

lausd whistle blower A11 6:58AM

Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images A04 8:02PM

UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light A02 6:58PM

Change Links April 2018 A01 6:27PM

Paraphysique de psychosomatique S22 6:58AM

Chuck Grassley: Women Abusing, Animal Murdering, Illegal War Supporting Criminal S22 2:58AM

Finance Capitalism and the Digital Economy S21 4:45PM

Muselières syndicales, muselières patronales S21 7:19AM

Jeff Bezos, Amazon, The Washington Post, Whole Foods, Etc S21 2:50AM

Why Choose Nut Milk Over Cows' Milk S21 1:01AM

Antrhopocène, le grand effondrement S19 9:53AM

Abolir l'économie S18 11:18AM

The Dictatorship of Corporations S17 5:26PM

18 Lethal Consequences Of Hunting S17 3:13PM

Paraphysique de l'outplacement déontologue S15 6:51AM

Shopping du bashing S14 8:42AM

After Lehman Brothers, Experts Say Global Financial Crisis Can Happen Again S13 8:28PM

“Animaniacs in Concert!” Starring Voice Legend Rob Paulsen S12 9:30PM

Probabilités de fin d'humanité S12 6:49AM

Florida Area of Migrant Farmworkers Denied Right to Construct Health Clinic near NaplesCIW S11 2:57AM

Steer clear of work morality! S09 12:10PM

The Shortwave Report 09/07/18 Listen Globally! S06 11:23PM

August 2018 Honduras Coup update S06 12:28PM

Brett Kavanaugh Filled The 5th Circuit With Execution Judges S06 6:14AM

Augusta Georgia Woman Gets 5 Year Prison Sentence for Writing About Russians Crime Acts S05 8:29AM

Paraphysique de contextualité S05 8:29AM

Crisis Regulation in Global Capitalism S03 3:39PM

Ex-voto de réification S03 10:24AM

Please Oppose Warmonger, Execution and Torture Supporting Bush Operative Brett Kavanaugh A31 10:45PM

Paraphysique d'exploitation occultation A31 10:24PM