The horrific and tragic acts of destruction inflicted on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 can only be understood in a historical context. It is necessary to examine the historical pattern of horrific and tragic destruction inflicted directly or indirectly by the United States on "Third World" peoples in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America. The term "blowback" is a CIA word meaning the unintended consequences of prior policies kept secret from U.S. citizens. I believe that without significant changes in U.S. policy, more blowback, with tragic consequences for more U.S. citizens, is likely. I urge the U.S. to adhere to the rule of international law rather than unilateral retaliation. Retaliation can only exacerbate, not eliminate, the conditions that motivate revenge in the first place. I direct your attention to these essays:
- Wake Up Call: We are Not Worth More, They are Not Worth Less
- Who are the REAL Terrorists?
- Domestic Counterterrorist Trainings (see especially the conclusion of this essay)
- Who is Going to Stop US?
- What the Flag Means To Me
- A Radical Proposal for Healing