BBQ, Fireworks And Other Holiday Cautions
I THE GRILL
1 7000 gas grills cause fires in the US annually... from propane gas buildup Some are badly burned
One fireman said
a. don't light a propane BBQ grill with the lid shut... open the lid and let excess gas dissipate
b. take a soapy spray bottle and spray the propane tank... if it bubbles there is excess gas
c. Check all the connections from the tank to the grill to make sure they are secure.
d. Do not pour starter fluid on an already burning charcoal fire
II THE ANIMAL FLESH, EGGS AND MILK
1 Dr Sam Epstein testified before Congress about the danger of carcinogenic benzopyrene
created by charcoal broiling animal flesh
2 Make sure that animal flesh and products are refrigerated within 2 hours of being outside, and if the temperature is 90 degrees or above, within 1 hour, because of the hazards of food poisoning. Eggs as well as meat and fish have rapid bacteria growth, e.g. mayonnaise in potato salad.
3 BBQ metal brush bristles in the food can cause metal poisoning http://www.cbsnews.com/news/grill-barbecue-metal-brush-dangers/
1. Fireworks, especially if unexpected, can triggers PTSD in returning veterans.
2. Fireworks are frightening and painful to dogs, cats and other pets whose sensitive ears can pick up higher frequencies
3. This writer's only paternal uncle died after setting off fireworks from a boat in a lake. The fireworks misfired. The boat capsized and he was struck on the head.
4. Sparklers can reach 2000 degrees at their tips. Keep children's fingers and ones own away from sparkler tips.
1. Young children who cannot swim need lifejackets and monitoring
Toxins in animal flesh https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bloodsweatandtears/conversations/messages/295
/> https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2015/03/03/18769448.php http://no-symbols.com/highresolution/l_083.jpg https://www.facebook.com/gary.yourofsky/videos/812721105449806/