- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by Alliance-Philippines (AJLPP)
Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2011 at 1:00 PM
email@example.com 213-241-0906 337 Glendale Bvld. Los Angeles, CA 90026
In a letter to GRP Negotiating Panel Chairperson Alexander Padilla dated 5 January 2011, Luis Jalandoni, NDFP Negotiating Panel Chairperson declared that his panel "has received reports and complaints of numerous ceasefire violations by the Armed Forces of the Philippines and Philippine National Police" during the unilateral, concurrent and reciprocal ceasefire from December 16, 2010 to January 3, 2011.
dsc08161.jpg, image/jpeg, 2048x1536
January 11, 2010
Ceasefire violations by AFP/PNP cited in NDFP letter to GRP Panel Chair Alexander Padilla
Los Angeles- The EPCC NEWS learned today that In a letter to GRP Negotiating Panel Chairperson Alexander Padilla dated 5 January 2011, Luis Jalandoni, NDFP Negotiating Panel Chairperson declared that his panel "has received reports and complaints of numerous ceasefire violations by the Armed Forces of the Philippines and Philippine National Police" during the unilateral, concurrent and reciprocal ceasefire from December 16, 2010 to January 3, 2011.
In a news update, the EPCC NEWS also reported that the AFP SOLCOM has arrested Bart Alcantara, an NDF consultant a day after the ceasefire on January 20, 2011 in Lucena City, Quezon.
The NDF is calling for the release of said NDF consultants but the GRP panel said they are not NDF consulant but NPA members with criminal cases.
The EPCC also reported that among the cited violations were the following:
1. The arrest of NPA cadre, Edwin Brigano, at 3 a.m.on January 1 by the Special Action Force of the PNP. Brigano was in a relative's house to undergo medical treatment for a serious respiratory illness and hepatitis. He was detained and slapped with trumped-up charges.
2. The killing of 19-year-old cultural activist, Stephen Lester Barrientos, at midnight of December 23 in Barangay Bayotbot, San Jose, Occidental Mindoro. The forces of the 80th IB under Lt. Col. Roger Percol indiscriminately strafed the house where a small NPA team was visiting. After the relatives retrieved the body of Barrientos, they were harassed by the 80th IB forces who further arrested Christian Bascos, an NPA member, and his two companions.
3. On December 23, military operations were carried out in Brgy. San Pedro, Mulanay, Quezon, simultaneous with military operations in Brgy. Busuk-busukan in San Narciso. On December 22, troops from the 74th IB in Brgy. Ilayang Tayuman in San Francisco town joined the operations of the 85th IB and harassed the residents of Brgys. Sinagtala and Whitecliff in San Narciso, maliciously taking pictures of the residents. Company-sized military operations continue to be conducted by the 85th IB and 74th IB in other barangays of San Narciso, including Binay, Busuk-busokan, San Vicente and Vigo Central.
4. For several days starting December 21, troops of the 61st IB conducted combat clearing operations in at least six upland barangays of Tapaz, Capiz and Calinog, Iloilo. The massive show of terrorism in these populated areas created fear among the local population..
5. On December 17, police operatives arrested NDF-North Central Mindanao officer Pedro Codaste and his companions at a checkpoint in Bayugan, Agusan del Sur.
6. On December 16, the 5th ID sent a special commando unit to target NPA forces and sympathizers along the boundary of Aguinaldo town in Ifugao and Natonin town in Mt. Province. The following day, the 5th ID's commando forces positioned themselves in Sitio Tappo, Brgy. Banawel, Natonin. More military operations by the Re-engineered Special Operations Team (RSOT) of the 5th ID followed in many other barangays.
In these and other communities, the AFP's RSOT units conducted "census" of barangays, tag residents in a list of "NPA sympathizers", place them on "Order of Battle", announce the list in community psywar assemblies, force those tagged to personally report to the military and subject them to various forms of harassment and coercion, including torture and threats of liquidation.
Jalandoni stated that these are partial and initial reports as of January 3 and that additional reports will be brought up to the GRP Negotiating Panel.
In closing, Jalandoni declared, "In the interest of the forthcoming preliminary peace talks and the scheduled resumption of formal talks, we urge you to take up these reports and complaints … with your Principal for adequate and urgent action.
Jalandoni furnished a copy of his letter to Ambassador Ture Lundh of the Royal Norwegian Foreign Ministry.
Luis G. Jalandoni
National Democratic Front of the Philippines
January 7, 2011
Ruth de Leon
NDFP International Information Office
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Report this post as:
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings)
Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
After Being Told He's 'Full of Sh*t' at School Event, Mnuchin Demands UCLA Suppress Video
More Local News...
3 Essential Videos
The System Question as a Survival Question
“Animaniacs in Concert!” Starring Voice Legend Rob Paulsen
Nation's Largest Voting Machine Co., ESS, Admits Lying Re Having Installed Remote Control
Du pain et des jeux
Fbi joins with Facebook to remove this report
Paraphysique de martyrologie
Asian Countries:Cambodia, Vietnam, N. Korea do not permit unlawful immigration
Children Incorporated Earns 4-Star Rating on Charity Navigator
Democratic Socialists of America
Leonard Peltier Non Violent Native American Political Prisoner since 1970's
Paraphysique miscellanées de l'aggiornamento
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Cleanup
FBI Investigated LA County Sheriff Baca,Why Not Hank Skinner's Persecution?
Updated Partial List Of Famous Vegetarians, Vegans, & Fruitarians
The Shortwave Report 07136/18 Listen Globally!
Social Policy as Social Infrastructure
Vol I: 84 Varieties Of GOP Election Fraud
Texas Can Call it An Execution,But It is A State Sponsored Murder of Hank Skinner..
June 2018 Honduras coup update
Maria Estrada doubles down on racist support
New York Women in Film & Television Announces 2018 NYWIFT Ha Phuong Scholarship Recipients
Trapps de la domination, trapps de l'aliénation
Please Work For The Defeat Of Brett Kavanaugh And Why
Change Links 2018 July posted
Transinhumanisme ( transe inhumanisme )
Google, World's Biggest Censor, Was Founded By The CIA
For a World Free of Nuclear Risks
More Breaking News...