- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by Palestine Solidarity Project
Wednesday, Dec. 08, 2010 at 5:28 PM
Join the Palestine Solidarity Project in Beit Ommar, Palestine, and become part of the growing international movement to support Palestinian non-violent resistance. We are in need of volunteers to join us this winter and spring as we struggle to end the Israeli occupation in all its forms and to promote justice and self-determination for the Palestinian people. We have a wide range of programs lined up for the next few months, and are in need of dedicated, enthusiastic volunteers to help make our goals a reality.
activists_pull_down_settlement_fence_in_beit_ommar_palestine.jpg.jpg, image/jpeg, 480x331
This winter we will be planting 3,000 trees in the Saffa region of Beit Ommar. The land in Saffa has been destroyed by settler attacks, and is now under threat of annexation by the neighboring Bat Ayn settlement. By planting on Palestinian land marked for annexation we hope to deter settlement expansion and support farmers as they remain steadfast on their land.
We will also continue to support the Beit Ommar National Committee Against the Wall and Settlements in their weekly demonstrations against the Karmei Tsur settlement. In addition, we are supporting the Center for Freedom and Justice in a variety of programs, including English lessons, media classes, and workshops. Several new microeconomic development projects are also in the works, including several new greenhouses and a honey bee colony . And of course we are continuing to support the Beit Ommar women’s embroidery cooperative, promoting women’s economic self-sufficiency.
Guidelines for Being a PSP Volunteer:
1. You should be over the age of 18.
2. You should agree to our principles (see below)
3. You must go through our training (held in Beit Ommar)
4. It is recommended that you have prior activist experience in non-violent direct action, but if you don’t, come ready to learn!
* All internationals agree to respect traditional Palestinian culture. For example, internationals will dress appropriately (long-sleeves, no shorts or skirts, loose-fitting), not engage in sexual activity, drink alcohol or use drugs while volunteering with PSP.
* We must agree to be led by our Palestinian committee. Your views, ideas, and creativity are wanted and needed; but final decisions about what actions or activities we make are decided by the Palestinian committee.
* We agree to respect each other at all times. We as internationals agree not to act in racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic ways, even if we encounter these behaviors within Palestinian society.
* We agree that our purpose in joining PSP is to be of service to Palestinian communities in resistance. We are willing to put the needs of the Palestinian communities ahead of our personal projects or aims when possible.
* We must be committed to using only non-violent methods to demonstrate. This means not using aggressive physical force against anyone.
Prospective volunteers should visit our website to get a better sense for the work we do: http://palestinesolidarityproject.org/. If after visiting our website and looking over our guidelines and principles you think the Palestine Solidarity Project is right for you, please fill out our questionnaire at http://palestinesolidarityproject.org/join/questionnaire/.
See you in Palestine,
The PSP Crew
Report this post as:
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
After Being Told He's 'Full of Sh*t' at School Event, Mnuchin Demands UCLA Suppress Video
Resolution of the Rent Strike in Boyle Heights
What Big Brother Knows About You and What You Can Do About It
Step Up As LAPD Chief Charlie Beck Steps Down
Our House Grief Support Center Hosts 9th Annual Run For Hope, April 29
Don’t let this LA County Probation Department overhaul proposal sit on the shelf
Echo Park Residents Sue LA Over Controversial Development
Former Signal Hill police officer pleads guilty in road-rage incident in Irvine
Calif. Police Accused of 'Collusion' With Neo-Nazis After Release of Court Documents
Center for the Study of Political Graphics exhibit on Police Abuse posters
City Agrees to Settle Lawsuit Claiming Pasadena Police Officer Had His Sister Falsely Arre
Professor's Study Highlights Health Risks of Urban Oil Drilling
Claims paid involving Pasadena Police Department 2014 to present
Pasadenans - get your license plate reader records from police
LA Times Homicide Report
More Local News...
Biodiversité ou la nature privatisée
The Market is a Universal Totalitarian Religion
Book Available about Hispanics and US Civil War by National Park Service
The Shortwave Report 04/20/18 Listen Globally!
The Republican 'Prolife' Party Is the Party of War, Execution, and Bear Cub Murder
Paraphysique de la dictature étatique
Book Review: "The New Bonapartists"
The West Must Take the First Steps to Russia
Théorie générale de la révolution ou hommage à feu Mikhaïl Bakounine
The Shortwave Report 04/13/18 Listen Globally!
“Lost in a Dream” Singing Competition Winner to Be Chosen on April 15 for ,000 Prize!
The World Dependent on Central Banks
Ohio Governor Race: Dennis Kucinich & Richard Cordray Run Against Mike DeWine
March 2018 Honduras Coup Again Update
Apologie du zadisme insurrectionnel
ICE contract with license plate reader company
Black Portraiture(S) IV: The Color of Silence...Cuba No...Cambridge Yes
Prohibiting Micro-Second Betting on the Exchanges
Prosecutors treat Muslims harsher than non-Muslims for the same crimes
Amy Goodman interview on cell phone safety
Mesa, Arizona police officer kills unarmed white man
Israeli leaders should be prosecuted for war crimes
Paraphysique de l'autorité
Two Podcasts on fbi corruption
Fbi assassins assault & try to kill DAVID ATKINS
EPA Head Scott Pruitt: Of Cages And Sirens
More Breaking News...