- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by Palestine Solidarity Project
Wednesday, Dec. 08, 2010 at 5:28 PM
Join the Palestine Solidarity Project in Beit Ommar, Palestine, and become part of the growing international movement to support Palestinian non-violent resistance. We are in need of volunteers to join us this winter and spring as we struggle to end the Israeli occupation in all its forms and to promote justice and self-determination for the Palestinian people. We have a wide range of programs lined up for the next few months, and are in need of dedicated, enthusiastic volunteers to help make our goals a reality.
activists_pull_down_settlement_fence_in_beit_ommar_palestine.jpg.jpg, image/jpeg, 480x331
This winter we will be planting 3,000 trees in the Saffa region of Beit Ommar. The land in Saffa has been destroyed by settler attacks, and is now under threat of annexation by the neighboring Bat Ayn settlement. By planting on Palestinian land marked for annexation we hope to deter settlement expansion and support farmers as they remain steadfast on their land.
We will also continue to support the Beit Ommar National Committee Against the Wall and Settlements in their weekly demonstrations against the Karmei Tsur settlement. In addition, we are supporting the Center for Freedom and Justice in a variety of programs, including English lessons, media classes, and workshops. Several new microeconomic development projects are also in the works, including several new greenhouses and a honey bee colony . And of course we are continuing to support the Beit Ommar women’s embroidery cooperative, promoting women’s economic self-sufficiency.
Guidelines for Being a PSP Volunteer:
1. You should be over the age of 18.
2. You should agree to our principles (see below)
3. You must go through our training (held in Beit Ommar)
4. It is recommended that you have prior activist experience in non-violent direct action, but if you don’t, come ready to learn!
* All internationals agree to respect traditional Palestinian culture. For example, internationals will dress appropriately (long-sleeves, no shorts or skirts, loose-fitting), not engage in sexual activity, drink alcohol or use drugs while volunteering with PSP.
* We must agree to be led by our Palestinian committee. Your views, ideas, and creativity are wanted and needed; but final decisions about what actions or activities we make are decided by the Palestinian committee.
* We agree to respect each other at all times. We as internationals agree not to act in racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic ways, even if we encounter these behaviors within Palestinian society.
* We agree that our purpose in joining PSP is to be of service to Palestinian communities in resistance. We are willing to put the needs of the Palestinian communities ahead of our personal projects or aims when possible.
* We must be committed to using only non-violent methods to demonstrate. This means not using aggressive physical force against anyone.
Prospective volunteers should visit our website to get a better sense for the work we do: http://palestinesolidarityproject.org/. If after visiting our website and looking over our guidelines and principles you think the Palestine Solidarity Project is right for you, please fill out our questionnaire at http://palestinesolidarityproject.org/join/questionnaire/.
See you in Palestine,
The PSP Crew
Report this post as:
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings)
Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
After Being Told He's 'Full of Sh*t' at School Event, Mnuchin Demands UCLA Suppress Video
More Local News...
Democratic Socialists of America
Leonard Peltier Non Violent Native American Political Prisoner since 1970's
Paraphysique miscellanées de l'aggiornamento
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Cleanup
FBI Investigated LA County Sheriff Baca,Why Not Hank Skinner's Persecution?
Updated Partial List Of Famous Vegetarians, Vegans, & Fruitarians
The Shortwave Report 07136/18 Listen Globally!
Social Policy as Social Infrastructure
Vol I: 84 Varieties Of GOP Election Fraud
Texas Can Call it An Execution,But It is A State Sponsored Murder of Hank Skinner..
June 2018 Honduras coup update
Maria Estrada doubles down on racist support
New York Women in Film & Television Announces 2018 NYWIFT Ha Phuong Scholarship Recipients
Trapps de la domination, trapps de l'aliénation
Please Work For The Defeat Of Brett Kavanaugh And Why
Change Links 2018 July posted
Transinhumanisme ( transe inhumanisme )
Google, World's Biggest Censor, Was Founded By The CIA
For a World Free of Nuclear Risks
Corrupt CDC Ignores Meat Fish Recalls
The (Temporary) End of Globalization
Aternatives to Abortions such as Plan B the pill, condoms and IUD
U.S Congressional Legal Minds Know Better Than Allowing Texas To Murder Hank Skinner
ACLU in many US states defends in court KKK and American Nazis Sometimes for Money
Judge Brett Kavanaugh: 12 Of Many Reasons To Oppose Him
The Shortwave Report 07/06/18 Listen Globally!
More Breaking News...