- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
Tuesday, Sep. 14, 2010 at 1:19 AM
The Cowboys and Redskins have certainly played more aesthetically pleasing games in their long and storied rivalry.
The Cowboys and Redskins have certainly played more aesthetically pleasing games in their long and storied rivalry. Even so, Sunday night's 13-7 Redskins victory went down to the wire, with a potential game-winning Cowboys touchdown erased on an offensive holding call with no time left.
It's just one week, so you can't make too many sweeping conclusions, but there's no doubt that this was a big win for the Redskins. Washington might not be a Super Bowl team yet, but beating its division rival at home will plug some much-needed confidence into the early days of the Mike Shanahan era.
Some thoughts after the Redskins' dramatic victory:
• Unlike the Lions-Bears game, which ended in complete controversy because of a ridiculous NFL rule, there was no doubt that the ref made the right decision at the end of this one. Brian Orakpo was absolutely collared by Alex Barron -- a flag had to come out there.
• Any concerns about Miles Austin's big contract extension, Dallas fans? I didn't think so. If you need to know anything about Austin's work ethic and effort, look no further than Sunday night -- after signing a huge deal, he comes out and makes 10 catches for 146 yards and a touchdown. He's clearly the No. 1 receiver in Dallas, and the competition's not even close.
• Washington's still got pretty substantial issues on the offensive line. Donovan McNabb's elusiveness will help to negate some of that, but the problems are still there. McNabb had trouble setting up in the pocket, and the Redskins' running game never did anything of consequence. Granted, the Cowboys' front is likely one of the better ones Washington will see, but the Redskins' line is still a work in progress.
• Speaking of offensive lines ... the Cowboys' banged-up front didn't do Tony Romo any favors Sunday night. The Redskins only sacked Romo once, Dallas' line killed any semblance of rhythm the team had with a stream of penalties. Between those mistakes and the 'Boys falling down 10 at the half, Dallas' running game never had a chance to rev up.
• On that note: eight carries for Marion Barber. Eight carries for Felix Jones. Neither of those numbers are high enough.
• It took until the 9:17 mark of the fourth quarter for a WR not named Santana Moss to catch a ball for the Redskins. Moss and tight end Chris Cooley received the majority of McNabb's looks. You can probably expect that to continue -- Washington's lack of receiving threats will probably be an issue all year. Even Moss dropped a wide-open reception in the fourth quarter, one that would've given Washington a first down.
• Old adage: You never take points off the board. Washington did in the third quarter, accepting an offsides penalty after Graham Gano had nailed a FG. Instead of being up 13-0, the Redskins couldn't get in the end zone, then had a FG blocked.
• That play at the end of the first half? One of the worst you'll ever see, in all aspects. Why run that play? Why did Tony Romo lateral to Tashard Choice? Why didn't Choice just go down? In the end, it cost Dallas the game.
Brain age free online games
Ski for free park city 2007
Free christian skits puppets
Report this post as:
Marshall Tuck’s racist dog whistle
Marshall Tuck’s ethnocentrism contradicts Californian values
Debunking Some Anti-Prop 10 Propaganda
Why Should California Choose De Leon Over Feinstein?
Change Links September 2018 posted
More Scandals Rock Southern California Nuke Plant San Onofre
Site Outage Friday
Change Links August 2018
Setback for Developer of SC Farm Land
More problems at Shutdown San Onofre Nuke
Change Links 2018 July posted
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
More Local News...
“Animaniacs in Concert!” Starring Voice Legend Rob Paulsen Heads to Portland, Oregon
Socialism in American English
Noske, noskisme réactualisé
Oprah Please Stop Selling Dead Animal Pieces
Down In Smoke SF
Credit Mr. Richard Enos with outstanding penmanship
Master list=====47 million american on foodstamp List State plus Federal
Cholesterol Medicine Causes Alzheimers
Paraphysique du scientisme
USDA Withholds Names Of Turkey Companies Spreading Salmonella
Hebron, Ben-Gurion, and UNESCO
What Can Destroy Enclosure?
Please Help Mississippians Vote For Mike Espy On Nov 27th
The Incredible & Brilliant Work of Dr TOMO SHIBATA
October 2018 Honduras Coup update
Profit de guerre, guerre de profit
“Animaniacs in Concert!” Starring Voice Legend Rob Paulsen Heads to Seattle
Paraphysique du prodrome oukase
President Trump: Hurricane Relief Should not Pay Puerto Rico Debt
94 Of Rick Scott's, Brian Kemp's, the Mississippi GOP's & Other Republican Campaign Crime
30 Of Brian Kemp's Felonious Racist Vote Suppression Crimes
Help translation of From Islam To Womanism book on IndieGoGo
COP 21, 25, 32, de l'écocide organisé
fbi & fmj are ' Lord of the Flies '
Parangon d'une grande infestation
Video: Beautiful Country Burn Again, 39 min
OBAMA WERE POW'S LEFTBEHIND IN AFGHANISTAN IRAQ AND LIBYA
More Breaking News...