9/11 conspiracy theories
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Wiki cover up?
The collapse of the two World Trade Center towers and the nearby WTC7 (in this photo, the brown building to the left of the towers) is a major focus of 9/11 conspiracy theories.
9/11 conspiracy theories allege that the September 11 attacks in 2001 were either intentionally allowed to happen or were a false flag operation orchestrated by an organization with elements inside the United States government. A poll taken in 2006 by Scripps Howard and Ohio University showed that, "More than a third of the American public suspects that federal officials assisted in the 9/11 terrorist attacks or took no action to stop them so the United States could go to war in the Middle East." The most prominent theory is that the collapse of the World Trade Center and 7 World Trade Center were the result of a controlled demolition rather than structural weakening due to fire. Another prominent belief is that the Pentagon was hit by a missile launched by elements from inside the U.S. government or that a commercial airliner was allowed to do so via an effective standdown of the American military. Motives cited by conspiracy theorists include justifying the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq, and geostrategic interests in the Mideast, including pipeline plans launched in the early 1990s by Unocal and other oil companies.
Published reports and articles by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Popular Mechanics and mainstream media have rejected the 9/11 conspiracy theories. The civil engineering establishment generally accepts that the impacts of jet aircraft at high speeds in combination with subsequent fires, rather than controlled demolition, led to the collapse of the Twin Towers. NIST stated that it did not perform any test for the residue of explosive compounds of any kind in the debris.
. 1 History
. 2 Mainstream account
. 3 Variants
. 3.1 "LIHOP" and "MIHOP"
. 3.2 Investigation-oriented approach
. 4 Main theories
. 4.1 Foreknowledge
. 4.1.1 Suspected Insider Trading
. 4.1.2 Air Defense Stand Down Theory
. 4.2 World Trade Center collapse
. 4.3 The Pentagon
. 4.4 Flight 93
. 4.5 Hijackers
. 4.6 Phone calls
. 4.7 Jewish and Israeli involvement
. 5 Cover-up allegations
. 5.1 Cockpit recorders
. 5.2 Bin Laden tapes
. 6 Other theories
. 6.1 Foreign governments
. 6.2 No plane theories
. 6.3 Reptilian shape-shifting aliens
. 6.4 Drug industry cartel
. 7 Motives
. 7.1 Pax Americana
. 7.2 Invasions
. 7.3 Suggested historical precedents
. 8 Proponents
. 9 Media reaction
. 9.1 In popular culture
. 10 Criticism
. 10.1 In the political arena
. 10.2 Anti-Semitism in conspiracy theories
. 11 See also
. 12 Notes
. 13 Bibliography
. 14 External links
. 14.1 United States government sources
. 14.2 Engineering publications
. 14.3 Proponents of 9/11 conspiracy theories
. 14.4 Debunkers of 9/11 conspiracy theories
11 REMARKABLE FACTS ABOUT 9/11
1) The Mysterious Collapse of World Trade Center Building 7
It is commonly known that the Twin Towers fell on 9/11, but did you know that a third World Trade Center high-rise building also fell that day? WTC Building 7, a 47-story steel-framed skyscraper located one block from the Twin Towers was not hit by any plane, but collapsed at 5:20 that evening, imploding in the exact manner of a professionally engineered demolition. It fell suddenly, straight down, at near freefall speed, and landed in a compact pile of rubble, barely damaging any of the surrounding buildings. These are but a few of eleven characteristics of Building 7's collapse that are consistent only with controlled demolitions. Further, the leaseholder of the three buildings, Larry Silverstein, said in 2002 on PBS that on the afternoon of 9/11 he suggested to the NYC fire department commander that they "pull" WTC 7. "Pull" is an industry term that means "demolish," but it normally takes a team of skilled people many weeks to design and implement large demolitions. Astonishingly, there is no mention of WTC Building 7's remarkable collapse in the 571-page 9/11 Commission Report.
11 REMARKABLE FACTS ABOUT 9/11
2) Fire has never — prior to or after 9/11 — caused any steel frame building to collapse. The sudden, vertical, explosive, and total collapse of the Twin Towers at near freefall speed can only be explained by controlled demolition.
3) The WTC steel, which if fully examined could have relvealed the effects of explosives, was quickly shipped overseas and melted down. This was an unprecedented violation of federal crime scene laws.
4) Whenever contact is lost with any airplane, fighter jets routinely take to the air to investigate. This commonly occurs about 100 times per year in well under 20 minutes. But on 9/11 nearly two hours passed without any interception.
5) The Secret Service broke established protocols by allowing President Bush to remain in a well-publicized classroom "photo op" long after it was known that the U.S. was under attack and he might well have been a target.
6) Unidentified insiders made millions on the stocks of American and United Airlines and those of other corporations that were likewise impacted by the attacks. These "put option" bets were made just prior to 9/11.
7) There were warnings of the impending attacks from at least eleven other countries. Also prior to 9/11, insiders such as John Ashcroft, top military officers, and San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown were warned not to fly.
8) In September of 2000, a group of neocon hawks, many of whom would become key officials in the Bush administration, wrote that their proposed massive military buildup would proceed slowly "absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event — like a new Pearl Harbor."
9) Some of the alleged 9/11 "suicide hijackers" are still alive and well, according to the BBC and The Guardian. At least five of the alleged hijackers may have trained at U.S. military bases, as reported in Newsweek and other sources.
10) The Bush administration resisted the formation of the 9/11 Commission for 441 days. Similar investigations, such as those for Pearl Harbor, the JFK assassination, and the space shuttle disasters, all started in about one week.
11) "The Jersey Girls" — four courageous 9/11 widows — finally forced the 9/11 Commission into existence and presented many questions, most of which were ignored. Under the leadership of Bush administration insider Philip Zelikow, the final report failed to address any of the evidence pointing to official complicity.
There are hundreds of additional facts that contradict the official story of 9/11. It is time for a truly independent investigation that addresses all the questions asked by the citizens' 9/11 Truth & Justice Movement! You can help bring this about by educating yourself and others about 9/11. Go to www.911truth.org to learn more about these 11 facts, discover many others, and read about the many prominent authorities who support this movement. To find recommended books, magazines, and DVD's, and to obtain more of these cards, go to www.911sharethetruth.com.
1284 verified architectural and engineering professionals? and 9435 other supporters including A&E students ?have signed the petition demanding of Congress ?a truly independent investigation. ??The petition is open to everyone.
Sign the petition at: http://www2.ae911truth.org/signpetition.php
The right way to spend this day is to demand the truth through a new and truly independent investigation. Why do you think they melted the evidence down and sent it too be buried in third
World landfills? General Joe