Dealing with PSL and ANSWER #1

by nati Wednesday, Jun. 09, 2010 at 11:31 AM
natipolitical@yahoo.com

Harassing messages from PSL/ANSWER people

The following are some emails and messages I received which are a clear indictment of the person at hand. "Marcial Guerra" (alias, Pedro Ramirez-Navas) is one of the main leaders and activists of the PSL(Party for Socialism and Liberation) and the ANSWER coalition in Los Angeles . I want people to understand the character of the types of people protected and promoted as leadership in the PSL and ANSWER. This is not the first time he and his ilk have done something like this and I doubt it will be the last. I have heard similar stories from other activists and hopefully some public account will serve as proper warning for the uninformed. There is not really a mediating body for activists so hopefully the court of public opinion will serve proper sentence on these types of individuals and the organizations that support them. The entire movement should be opposed to people like this, let alone the groups that harbor them and foster this type of behavior.

I have a keen idea more people know about this than let on, given the tacit approval that is given to much of Marcial(and company)'s behavior. Either way, I've been advised that things are probably better off with more people knowing what kind of leadership is promoted and protected in the PSL and ANSWER. I'm guessing Marcial's position is more in line with the party's real position than whatever mendacious rationalization was fabricated for their internal party meetings. Considering there is no accountability and people like Marcial (or Carlos Alvarez, etc.) are coddled for their reprehensible behavior -- especially by the likes of Ian Thompson and Preston Wood-- I can't say I expect much of a response. At least these twisted types of pathological people will have a little light shined on them.

--- On Sat, 5/15/10, Nati Carrera tipower@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Nati Carrera tipower@yahoo.com>

Subject: Fw: Forwarded harassing and threatening messages

To: "CW" c_w_1@aol.com>

Date: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 10:11 AM

I tried putting these into in an attachment format for the other email but I am not sure if it will work so I have copied the harassing and threatening emails into one so I can forward it to you just in case. Hope it is not too cumbersome. One of the messages was an instant messenger that I copied into an email to show some friends. Otherwise the only other thing are some weird Twitter requests (16 requests in a 2 minute time frame the other day!) which I have not touched due to obvious reasons.

[ No Subject ]

Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:17 PM

From:"Marcial and Jennifer" mycrojas2000@yahoo.com>

To: "Nati Carrera" tipower@yahoo.com>

Hey comemierda, are you going to create your own party!

You got shit for brains!!!

Shit head!!!

___________________________________

Don't know if anyone cares: Fowarded email

Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:07 PM

From:

"Nati Carrera" tipower@yahoo.com>

To: "Travis Wilkerson"

Cc: "Bethany Malmgrem" 7@gmail.com>, "Dylan Wilkerson" SP@gmail.com>

I got this as a special surprise in my yahoo messenger before getting this email:

mycrojas2000 is not in your Contacts

--- On Thu, 4/15/10, Marcial and Jennifer mycrojas2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Marcial and Jennifer mycrojas2000@yahoo.com>

Subject: FUCK YOU!!!

To: "Nati Carrera" tipower@yahoo.com>

Date: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 4:53 PM

FUCK YOU!

I'll kick your fucken ass, like the perro you are, shit head comemierda!

Not even Enna Want your sorry aSS!

You fucken looser!

___________________________________

--- On Thu, 2/25/10, Marcial Guerra guerrapopular@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Marcial Guerra guerrapopular@gmail.com>

Subject: Coward

To: n@tipower@yahoo.com

Date: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 9:37 AM

You are fucken coward.

To: n@tipower@yahoo.com

Dear former comrades.

As some of you may have heard I have left the PSL.

Owing to the wonders of the internet some of you may already

have my original letter of resignation. For those who do not I have attached a

slightly modified version for discretion’s sake.

I do not want to be the subject of rumors. I know how rumors

work and the half truths and things left unsaid never suffice to anyone’s

satisfaction.

If nothing else I am someone who likes to express himself

clearly, to understand and make myself understood.

> No one should be left in the dark, and part of my motivation

for this is against the way open discussion was stifled at the internal

meeting. When a question is raised regarding something that does not make sense

the least anyone deserves is a thoroughgoing explanation. (Especially in

regards to democratic participation.)

This is my explanation.

Most of this is in the document but I want to emphasize

certain things. First off, there is not some secret Marxists text which

justifies blindly following leaders in what is supposed to be a democratic

process. Neither is democratic participation something that needs to be taken

on faith or blind trust.

You do not need to be a Marxists theoretician to understand

the situation. It is not complicated. If you do not believe anyone should be

forced to vote for a full ballot in a situation where they do not agree with

all the available options on that ballot then it is clear something must be changed.

It is as simple as that.

I have never thought of the Party as perfect. When you get

so many people together, personalities are bound to clash. In the end, though,

I thought political struggle for a common cause could unify people as long as

you had open discussion and democratic participation. I thought that as we

built up our structures we could fix our deficiencies and tried to explain that--

I can no longer honestly say this is the case.

I followed all the rules and I participated to the best of

my ability. I saved discussion for the appointed period, but when it came I was

cut off and discussion was closed. Take whatever sobering lesson you can from

that.

Maybe this has been coming a long time and I simply

overlooked it. The cost of that oversight is pretty apparent now.

The only thing left is to look for an explanation.

Please read my document fully. If you have any questions do

not hesitate to ask. I for one welcome an open and honest discussion. Maybe you

will not care, maybe you will think I am wrong, but at least you will know

where I am coming from. If nothing else I can leave having said my piece. Whatever

the outcome I wish you all good luck and courage in confronting the problems

and struggles ahead.

P.S. I do not wish to bother anyone with this email who does

not wish to receive it. If you do not want to hear from me simply reply with a

“do not contact” in the subject field and you will never hear from me again.

Response to violation of democratic centralist principles rev1.doc

98K View as HTML Open as a Google document Download

“Lo Único que se negociará será el intercambio de prisioneros”

Listed below are the 10 latest comments of 1 posted about this article.
Obviously { Wednesday, Jun. 09, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles J30 4:26PM

Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert! J10 11:58PM

Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California M30 10:20PM

Change Links June 2018 posted M28 12:41AM

Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi M17 3:22PM

CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police M10 2:08PM

Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies M10 1:57PM

California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings) M02 1:31PM

Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico A29 4:47PM

Change Links May 2018 A27 1:40AM

Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed A26 10:37PM

Democratic Socialists of America J14 4:57PM

Leonard Peltier Non Violent Native American Political Prisoner since 1970's J14 4:18PM

Paraphysique miscellanées de l'aggiornamento J14 12:54AM

Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Cleanup J13 4:14PM

FBI Investigated LA County Sheriff Baca,Why Not Hank Skinner's Persecution? J13 3:52PM

Updated Partial List Of Famous Vegetarians, Vegans, & Fruitarians J13 2:59PM

The Shortwave Report 07136/18 Listen Globally! J12 4:36PM

Social Policy as Social Infrastructure J12 3:38AM

Vol I: 84 Varieties Of GOP Election Fraud J12 1:50AM

Texas Can Call it An Execution,But It is A State Sponsored Murder of Hank Skinner.. J11 6:48PM

June 2018 Honduras coup update J11 3:35PM

Maria Estrada doubles down on racist support J11 1:40PM

New York Women in Film & Television Announces 2018 NYWIFT Ha Phuong Scholarship Recipients J11 10:14AM

Trapps de la domination, trapps de l'aliénation J11 1:31AM

Please Work For The Defeat Of Brett Kavanaugh And Why J09 8:54PM

Change Links 2018 July posted J09 1:27PM

Transinhumanisme ( transe inhumanisme ) J09 12:44PM

Google, World's Biggest Censor, Was Founded By The CIA J09 10:25AM

For a World Free of Nuclear Risks J09 8:29AM

Corrupt CDC Ignores Meat Fish Recalls J09 4:55AM

The (Temporary) End of Globalization J09 3:03AM

Aternatives to Abortions such as Plan B the pill, condoms and IUD J08 4:03PM

U.S Congressional Legal Minds Know Better Than Allowing Texas To Murder Hank Skinner J08 3:37PM

ACLU in many US states defends in court KKK and American Nazis Sometimes for Money J07 11:28PM

Judge Brett Kavanaugh: 12 Of Many Reasons To Oppose Him J07 9:00AM