About Us Contact Us Subscribe Calendar Publish RSS

CopWatch LA

IMC Network: www.indymedia.org africa: ambazonia canarias estrecho / madiaq kenya nigeria south africa canada: hamilton london, ontario maritimes montreal ontario ottawa quebec thunder bay vancouver victoria windsor winnipeg east asia: burma jakarta japan korea manila qc europe: abruzzo alacant andorra antwerpen armenia athens austria barcelona belarus belgium belgrade bristol brussels bulgaria calabria croatia cyprus emilia-romagna estrecho / madiaq euskal herria galiza germany grenoble hungary ireland istanbul italy la plana liege liguria lille linksunten lombardia london madrid malta marseille nantes napoli netherlands nice northern england norway oost-vlaanderen paris/Île-de-france patras piemonte poland portugal roma romania russia saint-petersburg scotland sverige switzerland thessaloniki torun toscana toulouse ukraine united kingdom valencia latin america: argentina bolivia chiapas chile chile sur cmi brasil colombia ecuador mexico peru puerto rico qollasuyu rosario santiago tijuana uruguay valparaiso venezuela venezuela oceania: adelaide aotearoa brisbane burma darwin jakarta manila melbourne perth qc sydney south asia: india mumbai united states: arizona arkansas asheville atlanta austin baltimore big muddy binghamton boston buffalo charlottesville chicago cleveland colorado columbus dc hawaii houston hudson mohawk kansas city la madison maine miami michigan milwaukee minneapolis/st. paul new hampshire new jersey new mexico new orleans north carolina north texas nyc oklahoma philadelphia pittsburgh portland richmond rochester rogue valley saint louis san diego san francisco san francisco bay area santa barbara santa cruz, ca sarasota seattle tampa bay tennessee urbana-champaign vermont western mass worcester west asia: armenia beirut israel palestine process: fbi/legal updates mailing lists process & imc docs tech volunteer projects: print radio satellite tv video regions: oceania united states topics: biotech
printable version - js reader version - email this article - view hidden posts - tags and related articles

View article without comments

Beware of scam artist JOSE LUIS GALVAN Los Angeles tow truck driver

by A VICTIM OF THIS MAN 12/08-current Tuesday, Mar. 24, 2009 at 5:29 PM
kenia.maristar@gmail.com LA

My car needed a tow, i called aaa which i have a membership with. They sent a company called Hollywood Independent Towing to tow my car Jose Luis Galvan was the driver. He is a scam artist/ compulsive liar and acts as if he is the sweetest, most helpful/caring man in the world. He convinced me/tricked me into believing he can help me get a newer 2008 suv (repoed) from a federal auction lot and asked me to put a third down as a down payment. After you make the deal with him, he gives you a receipt and disappears. Luckily the receipt has his home address and name. I am aware of another person who was scammed in a different way and an employee of Hollywood Independent Towing admit to me while searching for him that he has scammed other towing customers as well. Please read more.

Beware of scam artis...
picture_7.png, image/png, 676x588

Jose Luis Galvan is a liar, cheater, states he owns Hollywood Independent Towing a towing company who is contracted by AAA. He Claims to either be the owner of the company or a supervisor. If you are a woman he is act really sweet to you and feed you lies. He states he can fix your vehicle, try to convince you to take it to his shop instead of the one you plan on taking it to and acts like you can make a payment plan with him because he is trying to help you out. This man does not have a shop, he has a business license under the business name (Speed j Towing also JLG Motorsports which are his initials ) and the address he has for his *business* is his home address. 4760 Toland Way La CA 90042. Watch out for this man.
He claims its a machine shop. This is all a lie. I found this out after doing my investigation and taking him to small claims court. I am currently fighting him for my money back, he is a liar, really good liar- Please do not trust him. Contact me to see if i can help you and you can help me. His picture is attached to this post

He is at it again!!

by Cindy Friday, Aug. 06, 2010 at 11:56 AM
cindycam702@yahoo.com

He has continued with his lies. My sister is the latest of his victims. If you have any further information on how to stop this guy so he doesn't do this to another person, please contact me for any info!!

scam

by joe Monday, Nov. 22, 2010 at 7:25 PM

He has moved....anyone know his new address

enough lies

by vans Tuesday, Mar. 08, 2011 at 11:29 PM
myvans13@gmail.com

This information given above is incorrect. I was his landlord & the other name was his ex wife who he physically abused alot. His new wife is Maricela Romo Galvan. They have finally moved out. When he is found, grab him & put him aways in jail & never release him.

scam

by bs lol Thursday, Mar. 10, 2011 at 8:58 AM

he lives there...correct address

armen31@yahoo.com

by armen31@yahoo.com Thursday, Mar. 24, 2011 at 3:44 PM
armen31@yahoo.com

jose moved to mexico now somewhere in nayarit

Dont B fooled

by Dont B fooled Wednesday, Apr. 06, 2011 at 4:23 AM
Notfooled@hotmail.com

Armen31 sounds like Jose to me! Armen is a fake a** name that Jose throws around alot......

Mr Bill

by Bill Wednesday, Apr. 06, 2011 at 4:28 AM
MrBill@yahoo.com

mr bill
by bill • Thursday, Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:36 PM

He's moved. I found him and served him with a lawsuit. He lives with his new wife the former Maricela Romo. He lives at 9222 McNerney, South Gate, CA 90280

add your comments

Now i told he died, really?

by Linda Wednesday, Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:40 PM
bizzyqueenbee2@yahoo.com

Well I met him back Aug 5, 2010. I have been trying to get my 3,000. back. Thru text supposably his sister Diane claims he was in a coma and died 3 weeks ago. Yea right.

Has anyone had any luck????

Linda
June 14, 2011

add your comments

DON'T BELIEVE ALL THOSE LIES!!!

by Anna Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM
myvans13@gmail.com

DON'T BELIEVE ALL THOSE LIES JOSE IS NOT DEAD AT ALL....HE OWES ME $4,000.00.....AND AM STILL WAITING TO GET MY MONEY BACK. HE LIVES IN SOUTH GATE....IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN NAILING THIS GUY A** TO THE WALL...EMAIL ME PLZ!!! THE MORE PEOPLE THE BETTER!!!

Another victim

by Angie Saturday, Mar. 10, 2012 at 11:10 PM

He's a creep! liar. He owes me $3000

rachel

by bunch of lies against jose Tuesday, Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:43 PM
racheldiva70@yahoo.com

i purchased a car from jose twice this year and never had any issues like you all stated. i know kenya aka leticia she is very low down and would lie and start posting items that are truly incorrect people you need to stop believing that jose helped me out he is not like that.

it's all true

by Arlene Q Tuesday, Aug. 07, 2012 at 1:00 PM
ny.tica@gmail.com

He is a scam artist.. the only reason why that so called Rachel responded to this post is because we called him on his lies and what a coincidence . he took me and my family for a lot of money. I have asked him to return our money and he has pretty much disappeared.

mr bill

by Bill Roberts Friday, Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:30 PM
BROBERTS51@HOTMAIL.COM 3109775223 8726 S. SEPULVEDA BLVD.

To all Jose Galvan Scam victims. He was recenlty arrested by Covina police department (Aug 2012). Please make a report with LA County Sheriff or your local police department to consolidate charges against him.
Here is his information:
JOSE LUIS GALVAN
D.O.B. 10/05/1969
MALE/HISPANIC
5'6 150LBS
BROWN/BROWN

Detective Carlos Gonzalez case#12-4520

phone num. 6266 384-5616

Jose new address is 530 Cypress #27 City of Covina.

mr bill

by Bill Roberts Friday, Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM
BROBERTS51@HOTMAIL.COM 3109775223 8726 S. SEPULVEDA BLVD.

Detective Carlos Gonzalez case#12-4520

phone num. 6266 384-5616

Please file reports with either your local police dept or the sheriff. He's been arrested in Covina.

Any Update??

by rather not say Monday, Jan. 07, 2013 at 12:22 AM
t100prerunner@gmail.com

Was he ever charged?? i never got my $3,000

got me for $200

by marina gonzalez Thursday, Mar. 07, 2013 at 10:19 AM
newincnow@gmail.com 562-746-1343 los angeles california

got me for $200...
speedy_j_towing_bounced_check.jpg, image/jpeg, 1280x960

Jose Galvan gave me the address
9222 McNerney Ave South Gate 90280
Wrote me a check on a fake bank account and had me file 2 business names for him.
THA PLAYGROUND ENTERTAINMENT
SHOW TIME MUSIC WORKZ

I see him everyday

by Private Sunday, Mar. 13, 2016 at 6:53 AM

You want him let me know call or text me at 213-792-0125

Got me for 1,900

by Marco.L Monday, Oct. 24, 2016 at 2:15 AM

He got me with some lies to, if we are talking about the same Jose Luis Galvan he should be going to court in Alhambra, CA. Small claims court I had him served in Covina the address I have for him is 536 e. Navilla pl.Covina

add your comments

Now I know it\'s the same guy

by Marco.L. Monday, Oct. 24, 2016 at 2:54 AM

After seeing the birthday that mr.Bill posted I know it's the same guy cause he sent me a picture of his hospital band and it has the same birthday

Jose L Galvin

by Boyer - Another almost Victim Monday, Nov. 14, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Watch for up date.

Boyer case 12-4520 / 16-33296

by Boyer Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016 at 4:29 PM

Same Jose for sure. Got the hospital band too. Got me and neightbor for 14K. We have 6 mo of evidence wont stop till he is in prison.

His residence is at 536 E Navilla Pl. Covina, Ca. Had officer at his home on Sat. And stupid... stupid me got scammed again giving him 72 hours when the banks open to return our money. Cops had him.. I F'd up. He's gone again. Everyone reading this needs to go by that address when ever possible and see if his Black Toyota Camary Lic.# 5RFF605 is in the driveway. Also drives a Silver Chevy Silverado Pick Up Lic.# 11988Y1.

CALL COVINA POLICE ASAP. 626-384-5808 HE WILL HAVE A WARRANT VERY SOON.

Detective Malinoski is handling case shown above. Dir. # 626-384-5618.

My mission is to put Jose in prison for Felony Grand Thift. We have appt. With Det. Malinoski Mon. 11/21/16. To start the warrant for arrest. Please join us and add evidence.

Text me at 714-686-6266.

Jose is dead!!

by Boyer case Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Committed suicide today.

It's true... its true. Call detective above.

Jose is dead!!

by Boyer case Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Committed suicide today.

It's true... its true. Call detective above.

Jose Galvin commited suicide on 11/16/2016

by Steve Sullins Thursday, Nov. 17, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Phil Boyer has videos of several Covina Police Oficers, Fireman & Paramedics coming & going from Jose's home and then everyone leaves so that Coroner could come collect the body. Good Riddance!!

Jose Galvin commited suicide on 11/16/2016

by Steve Sullins Thursday, Nov. 17, 2016 at 12:33 PM

add your comments

People like you are shit !!

by Maria Saturday, Nov. 19, 2016 at 3:47 PM

Assholes you all disgust me !!

Con is Gone.

by Boyer Sunday, Nov. 20, 2016 at 1:02 PM

Jose hung himself Wed. 11/16. That's Gospel.

add your comments

Enough already no need to cheer!!!

by Anonymous Monday, Nov. 21, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Scam or mentally something wrong with him he still human who leaves kids and grandkids behind he did jail in the past for years for the same thing in and out of prison for what they say is white collar crime he's scammed plenty of family ..friends and innocent people but did anyone stop and try to get him help it's not like it happen over night as he takes his own life all should not regret giving him so much money and trust all need to learn because there's many more scam artist out there that can take more than a cost of a life ...

It\'s over now

by Anonymous Monday, Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:38 AM

I tried to get him help! He scammed me as well, and I was a long time friend! I did anything & everything to try & help him, but he would ditch me on day of appt. I never wished him any harm, just wanted my $20+K back!! He's gone now & his games have ended. Now he just leave all of us in debt!

Assholes

by Me Monday, Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:09 PM

You are all a piece of shit!! What goes around comes around with your bad vibes.

Good riddance

by Anon Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2016 at 4:56 PM

There is a god he got what he deserved and killed himself before someone else is it for him. Yes he left behind kids but none of them wanted anything to do with him anyways.

what? he owes me money!

by A R Wednesday, Dec. 07, 2016 at 10:04 AM

Yeah, he was a humane with no soul, no compassion I hope he is where he belongs to be. He scammed so many people he did not care if it was a single mother struggling financially to provided for her kids.

What\'s true ?

by So disappointed! Saturday, Dec. 10, 2016 at 12:35 PM

Jose I considered to be a friend for many years. I thought he was an honest man. Until I started hearing different stories and catching him in lies. That's what he made me believe. Was he really a marine for 26 years or was that a lie too? He lied about his wife cheating with her boss and he raising 3 children by himself. Finding out he was married... When he said he wasn't! Had 8 children and possibly never been a marine. I too helped him with a problem he said he had with his daughter by lending him $2000. Now I come to realize that his life was full of lies. He hurt many people. I just hope his children are okay because having a parent like that as an example must be the toughest thing! Hope he is in a better place. Wish he could've got help here while he was alive.
Did he really have terminal cancer or was that a lie too?

Please No More

by Jaysanchez1766 Friday, Aug. 25, 2017 at 12:31 AM

I am a friend of Jose's youngest step son. Jose was horrible for what he did, but he should have stopped rather than do what he did. He called his family a couple nights before saying he was leaving for business. Told them he loves them and said goodbye. Two days later my friend comes home from school to find paramedics and police outside his house then seeing hid father Jose hanging in the garage. He left family behind and they were so hurt. They found his phone with messages from people saying he owes them money. The Grandfather heard the dog crying and laying next to the garage. He opened the garage only to see him hanging, at first he thought he was playing around and went and tried to wake him up saying it isn't funny. Few moments later he realized he was dead. Hung himself with orange box wire. Jose was confirmed dead by officials and said to have been dead for over 24 hours. Jose may have done horrible things, but still he loved his family and left them behind last November of 2016. His funeral was held in January if I am correct. I attended his funeral and burial. I am sorry for all who he scammed. He should never have done that but no more saying he deserved it. Let's please just leave it as is

No truck????

by M.lopez Friday, Sep. 15, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Wait so does this mean I'm not getting my 2016 sylverado pick up truck or my money back. Bomber that sucks!

No truck????

by M.lopez Friday, Sep. 15, 2017 at 10:17 AM

add your comments

Segregation in the City of Angels: A 1939 Map of Housing Inequality in L.A. A15 7:44PM

Justice Dept. seeking info, IDs on 1.3M visitors to protest website DisruptJ20.org A15 1:04PM

San Francisco Rally Protests Hate Crimes in Charlottesville A14 5:38PM

New Google algorithm restricts access to left-wing, progressive web sites A02 1:52PM

Tracking Twenty Years of Stockton Killings by Law Enforcement A02 1:27PM

Garcetti Cronyism - Why and How to Ignore Your LA Dog License A01 5:05PM

Nation's Worst Meltdown Was In LA J31 4:54PM

As RV towing resumes in LA, officials say program won't 'target homeless' J31 1:15PM

Class War on the Waterfront: Longshore Workers Under Attack J21 10:18AM

Evidence of USA Murderous Decadence &Threat to Civilization S18 5:46PM

The World at Risk under Trump S18 6:00AM

Fbi are human monsters S18 5:00AM

August 2017 Honduras coup update S17 10:50PM

Perpetrators of atrocities are employed by or associated with fbi S17 5:48PM

Mr. President ... S17 2:13PM

Nicaraguas fake Communist Gov. Forcing Canal on Southern Portion of Country No MoneyHealth S17 1:47PM

Allied Efforts in WW2@ Shortened Length of Time Nazi Party Terrorized Western Theater S17 1:36PM

Identity TRheft Rings Hurting all Classes Races and Types in USA Identity Sytems S17 1:26PM

Celebrate California Safe Schools S16 11:56PM

Revolutionary Internationalist Youth Founded S16 8:04AM

Dura lex, sed lex S16 4:22AM

Our sick government & populace S15 11:21PM

After the Hurricanes S15 6:44AM

La misarchie ou l'harmonie holiste S14 11:26PM

La lisarchie ou l'harmonie holiste S14 11:24PM

The Shortwave Report 09/15/17 Listen Globally! S14 5:09PM

Caribbean Bishops and Development Groups Urge Debt Relief for Irma-Struck Islands S14 9:26AM

Fbi is cyber criminal supreme S13 5:39PM

Fbi engages in crime spree authorized by fbi S13 4:23PM

IN National and International News Teavana is Putting over 300 Stores Out of Business S13 1:21PM

FEMA Knew the Dangers to Older Citizens during Major Disasters At least six people have S13 12:20PM

Mural of convicted terrorist gives rise to free-speech clash at California bakery S12 6:52PM

Fib atrocities in many places S12 5:23PM

Jewish Voice for peace attacks community members S12 7:15AM

© 2000-2003 Los Angeles Independent Media Center. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by the Los Angeles Independent Media Center. Running sf-active v0.9.4 Disclaimer | Privacy