About Us Contact Us Subscribe Calendar Publish RSS

CopWatch LA

printable version - js reader version - email this article - view hidden posts - tags and related articles

View article without comments

Beware of scam artist JOSE LUIS GALVAN Los Angeles tow truck driver

by A VICTIM OF THIS MAN 12/08-current Tuesday, Mar. 24, 2009 at 5:29 PM
kenia.maristar@gmail.com LA

My car needed a tow, i called aaa which i have a membership with. They sent a company called Hollywood Independent Towing to tow my car Jose Luis Galvan was the driver. He is a scam artist/ compulsive liar and acts as if he is the sweetest, most helpful/caring man in the world. He convinced me/tricked me into believing he can help me get a newer 2008 suv (repoed) from a federal auction lot and asked me to put a third down as a down payment. After you make the deal with him, he gives you a receipt and disappears. Luckily the receipt has his home address and name. I am aware of another person who was scammed in a different way and an employee of Hollywood Independent Towing admit to me while searching for him that he has scammed other towing customers as well. Please read more.

Beware of scam artis...
picture_7.png, image/png, 676x588

Jose Luis Galvan is a liar, cheater, states he owns Hollywood Independent Towing a towing company who is contracted by AAA. He Claims to either be the owner of the company or a supervisor. If you are a woman he is act really sweet to you and feed you lies. He states he can fix your vehicle, try to convince you to take it to his shop instead of the one you plan on taking it to and acts like you can make a payment plan with him because he is trying to help you out. This man does not have a shop, he has a business license under the business name (Speed j Towing also JLG Motorsports which are his initials ) and the address he has for his *business* is his home address. 4760 Toland Way La CA 90042. Watch out for this man.
He claims its a machine shop. This is all a lie. I found this out after doing my investigation and taking him to small claims court. I am currently fighting him for my money back, he is a liar, really good liar- Please do not trust him. Contact me to see if i can help you and you can help me. His picture is attached to this post

He is at it again!!

by Cindy Friday, Aug. 06, 2010 at 11:56 AM
cindycam702@yahoo.com

He has continued with his lies. My sister is the latest of his victims. If you have any further information on how to stop this guy so he doesn't do this to another person, please contact me for any info!!

scam

by joe Monday, Nov. 22, 2010 at 7:25 PM

He has moved....anyone know his new address

enough lies

by vans Tuesday, Mar. 08, 2011 at 11:29 PM
myvans13@gmail.com

This information given above is incorrect. I was his landlord & the other name was his ex wife who he physically abused alot. His new wife is Maricela Romo Galvan. They have finally moved out. When he is found, grab him & put him aways in jail & never release him.

scam

by bs lol Thursday, Mar. 10, 2011 at 8:58 AM

he lives there...correct address

armen31@yahoo.com

by armen31@yahoo.com Thursday, Mar. 24, 2011 at 3:44 PM
armen31@yahoo.com

jose moved to mexico now somewhere in nayarit

Dont B fooled

by Dont B fooled Wednesday, Apr. 06, 2011 at 4:23 AM
Notfooled@hotmail.com

Armen31 sounds like Jose to me! Armen is a fake a** name that Jose throws around alot......

Mr Bill

by Bill Wednesday, Apr. 06, 2011 at 4:28 AM
MrBill@yahoo.com

mr bill
by bill • Thursday, Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:36 PM

He's moved. I found him and served him with a lawsuit. He lives with his new wife the former Maricela Romo. He lives at 9222 McNerney, South Gate, CA 90280

Now i told he died, really?

by Linda Wednesday, Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:40 PM
bizzyqueenbee2@yahoo.com

Well I met him back Aug 5, 2010. I have been trying to get my 3,000. back. Thru text supposably his sister Diane claims he was in a coma and died 3 weeks ago. Yea right.

Has anyone had any luck????

Linda
June 14, 2011

DON'T BELIEVE ALL THOSE LIES!!!

by Anna Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM
myvans13@gmail.com

DON'T BELIEVE ALL THOSE LIES JOSE IS NOT DEAD AT ALL....HE OWES ME $4,000.00.....AND AM STILL WAITING TO GET MY MONEY BACK. HE LIVES IN SOUTH GATE....IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN NAILING THIS GUY A** TO THE WALL...EMAIL ME PLZ!!! THE MORE PEOPLE THE BETTER!!!

Another victim

by Angie Saturday, Mar. 10, 2012 at 11:10 PM

He's a creep! liar. He owes me $3000

rachel

by bunch of lies against jose Tuesday, Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:43 PM
racheldiva70@yahoo.com

i purchased a car from jose twice this year and never had any issues like you all stated. i know kenya aka leticia she is very low down and would lie and start posting items that are truly incorrect people you need to stop believing that jose helped me out he is not like that.

it's all true

by Arlene Q Tuesday, Aug. 07, 2012 at 1:00 PM
ny.tica@gmail.com

He is a scam artist.. the only reason why that so called Rachel responded to this post is because we called him on his lies and what a coincidence . he took me and my family for a lot of money. I have asked him to return our money and he has pretty much disappeared.

mr bill

by Bill Roberts Friday, Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:30 PM
BROBERTS51@HOTMAIL.COM 3109775223 8726 S. SEPULVEDA BLVD.

To all Jose Galvan Scam victims. He was recenlty arrested by Covina police department (Aug 2012). Please make a report with LA County Sheriff or your local police department to consolidate charges against him.
Here is his information:
JOSE LUIS GALVAN
D.O.B. 10/05/1969
MALE/HISPANIC
5'6 150LBS
BROWN/BROWN

Detective Carlos Gonzalez case#12-4520

phone num. 6266 384-5616

Jose new address is 530 Cypress #27 City of Covina.

mr bill

by Bill Roberts Friday, Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM
BROBERTS51@HOTMAIL.COM 3109775223 8726 S. SEPULVEDA BLVD.

Detective Carlos Gonzalez case#12-4520

phone num. 6266 384-5616

Please file reports with either your local police dept or the sheriff. He's been arrested in Covina.

Any Update??

by rather not say Monday, Jan. 07, 2013 at 12:22 AM
t100prerunner@gmail.com

Was he ever charged?? i never got my $3,000

got me for $200

by marina gonzalez Thursday, Mar. 07, 2013 at 10:19 AM
newincnow@gmail.com 562-746-1343 los angeles california

got me for $200...
speedy_j_towing_bounced_check.jpg, image/jpeg, 1280x960

Jose Galvan gave me the address
9222 McNerney Ave South Gate 90280
Wrote me a check on a fake bank account and had me file 2 business names for him.
THA PLAYGROUND ENTERTAINMENT
SHOW TIME MUSIC WORKZ

I see him everyday

by Private Sunday, Mar. 13, 2016 at 6:53 AM

You want him let me know call or text me at 213-792-0125

Got me for 1,900

by Marco.L Monday, Oct. 24, 2016 at 2:15 AM

He got me with some lies to, if we are talking about the same Jose Luis Galvan he should be going to court in Alhambra, CA. Small claims court I had him served in Covina the address I have for him is 536 e. Navilla pl.Covina

Now I know it\'s the same guy

by Marco.L. Monday, Oct. 24, 2016 at 2:54 AM

After seeing the birthday that mr.Bill posted I know it's the same guy cause he sent me a picture of his hospital band and it has the same birthday

Jose L Galvin

by Boyer - Another almost Victim Monday, Nov. 14, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Watch for up date.

Boyer case 12-4520 / 16-33296

by Boyer Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016 at 4:29 PM

Same Jose for sure. Got the hospital band too. Got me and neightbor for 14K. We have 6 mo of evidence wont stop till he is in prison.

His residence is at 536 E Navilla Pl. Covina, Ca. Had officer at his home on Sat. And stupid... stupid me got scammed again giving him 72 hours when the banks open to return our money. Cops had him.. I F'd up. He's gone again. Everyone reading this needs to go by that address when ever possible and see if his Black Toyota Camary Lic.# 5RFF605 is in the driveway. Also drives a Silver Chevy Silverado Pick Up Lic.# 11988Y1.

CALL COVINA POLICE ASAP. 626-384-5808 HE WILL HAVE A WARRANT VERY SOON.

Detective Malinoski is handling case shown above. Dir. # 626-384-5618.

My mission is to put Jose in prison for Felony Grand Thift. We have appt. With Det. Malinoski Mon. 11/21/16. To start the warrant for arrest. Please join us and add evidence.

Text me at 714-686-6266.

Jose is dead!!

by Boyer case Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Committed suicide today.

It's true... its true. Call detective above.

Jose is dead!!

by Boyer case Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Committed suicide today.

It's true... its true. Call detective above.

Jose Galvin commited suicide on 11/16/2016

by Steve Sullins Thursday, Nov. 17, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Phil Boyer has videos of several Covina Police Oficers, Fireman & Paramedics coming & going from Jose's home and then everyone leaves so that Coroner could come collect the body. Good Riddance!!

Jose Galvin commited suicide on 11/16/2016

by Steve Sullins Thursday, Nov. 17, 2016 at 12:33 PM

People like you are shit !!

by Maria Saturday, Nov. 19, 2016 at 3:47 PM

Assholes you all disgust me !!

Con is Gone.

by Boyer Sunday, Nov. 20, 2016 at 1:02 PM

Jose hung himself Wed. 11/16. That's Gospel.

Enough already no need to cheer!!!

by Anonymous Monday, Nov. 21, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Scam or mentally something wrong with him he still human who leaves kids and grandkids behind he did jail in the past for years for the same thing in and out of prison for what they say is white collar crime he's scammed plenty of family ..friends and innocent people but did anyone stop and try to get him help it's not like it happen over night as he takes his own life all should not regret giving him so much money and trust all need to learn because there's many more scam artist out there that can take more than a cost of a life ...

It\'s over now

by Anonymous Monday, Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:38 AM

I tried to get him help! He scammed me as well, and I was a long time friend! I did anything & everything to try & help him, but he would ditch me on day of appt. I never wished him any harm, just wanted my $20+K back!! He's gone now & his games have ended. Now he just leave all of us in debt!

Assholes

by Me Monday, Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:09 PM

You are all a piece of shit!! What goes around comes around with your bad vibes.

Good riddance

by Anon Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2016 at 4:56 PM

There is a god he got what he deserved and killed himself before someone else is it for him. Yes he left behind kids but none of them wanted anything to do with him anyways.

what? he owes me money!

by A R Wednesday, Dec. 07, 2016 at 10:04 AM

Yeah, he was a humane with no soul, no compassion I hope he is where he belongs to be. He scammed so many people he did not care if it was a single mother struggling financially to provided for her kids.

What\'s true ?

by So disappointed! Saturday, Dec. 10, 2016 at 12:35 PM

Jose I considered to be a friend for many years. I thought he was an honest man. Until I started hearing different stories and catching him in lies. That's what he made me believe. Was he really a marine for 26 years or was that a lie too? He lied about his wife cheating with her boss and he raising 3 children by himself. Finding out he was married... When he said he wasn't! Had 8 children and possibly never been a marine. I too helped him with a problem he said he had with his daughter by lending him $2000. Now I come to realize that his life was full of lies. He hurt many people. I just hope his children are okay because having a parent like that as an example must be the toughest thing! Hope he is in a better place. Wish he could've got help here while he was alive.
Did he really have terminal cancer or was that a lie too?

Please No More

by Jaysanchez1766 Friday, Aug. 25, 2017 at 12:31 AM

I am a friend of Jose's youngest step son. Jose was horrible for what he did, but he should have stopped rather than do what he did. He called his family a couple nights before saying he was leaving for business. Told them he loves them and said goodbye. Two days later my friend comes home from school to find paramedics and police outside his house then seeing hid father Jose hanging in the garage. He left family behind and they were so hurt. They found his phone with messages from people saying he owes them money. The Grandfather heard the dog crying and laying next to the garage. He opened the garage only to see him hanging, at first he thought he was playing around and went and tried to wake him up saying it isn't funny. Few moments later he realized he was dead. Hung himself with orange box wire. Jose was confirmed dead by officials and said to have been dead for over 24 hours. Jose may have done horrible things, but still he loved his family and left them behind last November of 2016. His funeral was held in January if I am correct. I attended his funeral and burial. I am sorry for all who he scammed. He should never have done that but no more saying he deserved it. Let's please just leave it as is

No truck????

by M.lopez Friday, Sep. 15, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Wait so does this mean I'm not getting my 2016 sylverado pick up truck or my money back. Bomber that sucks!

No truck????

by M.lopez Friday, Sep. 15, 2017 at 10:17 AM

You’re all idiots ... get over it !

by Maria Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2017 at 12:31 AM

Jose is laughing at all you dumb fucks that gave your money like idiots. Pretty smart man .. came up on all you bitches

Hung Out to Die.

by scammed... Thursday, Jan. 04, 2018 at 9:09 AM

FOR EVERYONE ABOVE MAKING EXCUSES FOR THAT PIECE OF SHIT...

GOT ONE THING TO SAY TO YOU... " GO HANG YOURSELF" !!!!

Hung Out to Die.

by scammed... Thursday, Jan. 04, 2018 at 9:10 AM

FOR EVERYONE ABOVE MAKING EXCUSES FOR THAT PIECE OF SHIT...

GOT ONE THING TO SAY TO YOU... " GO HANG YOURSELF" !!!!

Might be true

by Gretchen Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018 at 8:51 PM

Jose Luis Galvan, 47, beloved husband, father and brother, went home to be with the Lord Wednesday, November 16, 2016. Jose was born October 5, 1969 in Bellflower, California to Balbina (Maravilla) and Jose Galvan. He was raised in California. He worked as a Fleet Supervisor/Trailers for 10 years.

Jose loved to work on cars and enjoyed off roading. He knew a little bit of everything, he was a good handyman. Jose enjoyed listening to music.

Jose was a good provider, kind hearted and was a hardworking man. He was a giving man and was always there when you needed him. He was affectionately call "Che".

Jose leaves behind his loving wife Rosa, sons Joe, Earnest, Gaspar, Noah Alvarado, daughters Sofia, Nathaly, Sammantha and Naomi Galvan. He will be forever loved and missed by all whose lives he touched.

Jose Luis Galvan is now with the Lord, may he rest in peace.

Gretchen you\'re crazy

by Anon Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018 at 4:04 AM

He will definitely not be missed. He was a scam artist who used his kids social security numbers to take out loans and get credit cards.He put his oldest son Jose Jr in 30,000 dollars of debt.His younger children will benefit from not having to deal with him. I will be celebrating every November 16th with a birthday cake knowing that Che is dead and gone forever.

Gretchen you\'re crazy

by Anon Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018 at 4:04 AM

Last of California's nuclear power plants is on its way out J30 3:44PM

Patrisse Khan-Cullors explains why Black Lives Matter J26 7:02PM

Women's March L.A., 2018 J24 4:39PM

The case for US government sanctions on Israel J23 5:36PM

Women of LA Rise Again to Denounce Trump Photoset 4 J22 9:07PM

Women of LA Rise Again to Denounce Trump Photoset 3 J22 8:24PM

Women of LA Rise Again to Denounce Trump PhotoSet 2 J22 7:36PM

Women of LA Rise Again to Denounce Trump PhotoSet 1 J22 7:14PM

Women's Political Representation & Electoral Reform J21 12:43PM

Trial Starts for Woman with Erb’s Palsy Punched in Face Repeatedly by LAPD Officers J10 1:38PM

Dear District Attorney Jackie Lacey, Prosecute Killer Cops, Signed: Your Constituents J09 10:09PM

Great solidarity action today J06 10:22PM

Chris Ballew beat up by Pasadena police J05 5:01PM

Retired LAPD Sgt. Cheryl Dorsey explains how the LAPD's Board of Rights hearings work J05 3:40PM

An Ex-Cop Talks About Police Shootings J05 3:39PM

Do Nukes Kill? J02 4:40PM

Le serment d'impunité F25 2:14AM

Subversion de la théorie F24 1:02AM

Feds Using Mobile X-Ray Vans On U.S. Streets (Fox News) F23 8:38PM

Tantra & The San Francisco Two-Spirit PowWow F23 5:59PM

Adam Smith as Philanthropist F23 6:43AM

The Shortwave Report 02/23/18 Listen Globally! F22 5:03PM

Hero Hunters Cheat - Guide - Tips to Win F22 12:57PM

Paraphysique de l'anaphore F21 11:14PM

“Lost in a Dream” Karaoke Competition Promises $20,000 Prize! F21 10:43AM

NYPD Case Calls Attention to 'Consent Defense' That Can Be Used by Officers Accused of Rap F20 11:59PM

Hero Hunters Hack - Get Unlimited Bucks and Gold F20 3:27PM

Our Beneficial River Jordan F20 11:43AM

State Investments and the Public Sector F20 6:13AM

Apprentissage irrémissible F19 11:12PM

Sauve-qui-peut du gâchis F18 12:09AM

Talon de fer F17 1:50AM

The Shortwave Report 02/16/18 Listen Globally! F15 4:24PM

The judiciary could force America to solve the homeless crisis F15 9:56AM

The torrefied pellet plant will not be built on the Limousin mountain! F15 6:19AM

Endf Russophobia! Time for a New Detente Policy F15 4:27AM

Paraphysique du catastrophisme F14 11:22PM

Baltimore police union balks at policy requiring officers to pay some legal damages themse F14 6:19PM

Researching Islamic Terrorism in Europe. F14 5:08PM

Asian American Stereotypes in Media F14 2:33PM

La diversité clonée F14 1:59AM

Forever Fierce Day F13 3:18AM

A l'époque du spectaculaire concentré et diffus ( Hommage à feu Michel Noury ) F12 10:34PM

Zombie Capitalism F12 4:07AM