Islamic-Christian front warns of scheme targeting Arab presence in Jerusalem
15/04/2008 - 07:33 PM http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/default.aspx?xyz=U6Qq7k%2bcOd87MDI46m9rUxJEpMO%2bi1s7hp27ctDIGVdNUPicMcN06Q8%2bQRyCGzVTjFqaGxtDTPMn53oC4NyD0lS0yaDTNoYNvH52oNIHoRJZWXNL6uEPIDCEfcu4w5Ri%2fE07azZfRFU%3d
OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)-- Dr. Hasan Khater, the secretary-general of the Islamic-Christian front for the defense of Jerusalem and holy shrines, warned that the IOA started a few days ago to implement a dangerous scheme targeting the Arab and Islamic presence in occupied Jerusalem through promoting a new ID card as a prelude to imposing it on Jerusalemite Palestinians.
Dr. Khater added that after the IOA re-formed and re-designed the geography of Jerusalem according to its schemes and colonial ambitions through the apartheid wall, settlements, it moved these days to a serious scheme threatening the Arab presence in the holy city and turning them into a minority.
The Palestinian leader pointed out that the IOA would impose the new card by intimidation and temptation on a part of Jerusalemites who meet special conditions, most importantly, to reside within the apartheid wall's borders, adding that the IOA is promoting financial and recreational privileges attached to the card.
The Palestinian leader warned of underestimating this dangerous step which would lead if implemented to the disposal of 40 percent of Palestinian Jerusalemites out of the holy city.
IOA bulldozers flatten another Palestinian home in occupied Jerusalem http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/default.aspx?xyz=U6Qq7k%2bcOd87MDI46m9rUxJEpMO%2bi1s7pS3hy5965ck509PkBCo0maBOgFLZkGj7PDP2qAeJI0L%2fOrrINWp6IC160jG4i3GxFdOFob7yPjEpPjwywRdYP1zKRi3bwlKkKj5Rd7aqfl0%3d
OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)-- The Israeli-controlled municipality of occupied Jerusalem has demolished the home of Younis Subaih in Enata village in occupied Jerusalem at the pretext of lack of construction permit.
IOF troops encircled the area and blocked traffic during the demolition which was also ordered because the house was located in the path of the apartheid separation wall.
The soldiers beat up sons of the landlord when they tried to object to the demolition and fired teargas canisters at citizens to keep them away. Subaih's daughter fainted in the event and was carried to hospital.
IOF soldiers at dawn Tuesday stormed the Asker refugee camp east of Nablus city and broke into many civilian homes but no arrests were reported.
The troops also burst into a number of villages west of Nablus city and burnt the electricity transformer station in Surra town.
An IOF incursion was also reported at Qarara town east of Khan Younis, south of the Gaza Strip, at dawn Tuesday and was met with resistance fire.
Local sources told PIC reporter that an IOF foot patrol backed by tanks and tractors advanced hundreds of meters into Khan Younis district amidst indiscriminate firing.
The Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas Movement, claimed responsibility for firing an RPG at an IOF armored vehicle and blasting a device in another in addition to firing 8 mortar shells at the invading forces. The armed wing also took the credit for firing four RPGs at two IOF tanks and two bulldozes that were advancing east of Deir Al-Balah in central Gaza on Tuesday.
Zionist Techniques OF Abuse/Torture http://www.alqassam.ps/english/?action=sfile&fid=955
The Zionist forces from the beginning of arresting start to beat the prisoners in the military vehicles , the beating is done on sensitive positions and causes a lot of pain , the Zionist soldier used this method to scare them.
Zionist forces blind the person who arrest him so he cant see and didn’t know where he is going , Zionist try to scare the prisoner and they stress very strongly the Blindfolding.
Zionist forces during interrogation threat the prisoner that they will arrest their sisters or mothers and threat to rape them or that they will destroy his house or more ugly than that they threat to spread that you are betrayer to your people .
This method is used for making the body collapse , they tied him well and hitting him on his feet for a long time ,that causes a lot of pain and restricting the blood on the feet
Zionist forces isolate the prisoner who they want to torture him without talking to any one , this procedure may take hours or weeks or sometimes more than that , the Zionists do that especially when the prisoner is ill to make his suffering more and more .
Forced standing and sleep deprivation:
• forced standing and sleep deprivation: “Then there is the method of simply compelling a prisoner to stand there.” Among other techniques used to break prisoners was forcing them to stay in a fixed position for an extended period of time: “they was forced to remain seated on a stool in the corridor for six days in such a way that she did not lean against anything, did not sleep, did not fall off, and did not get up from it.
with no black and blue marks; no beatings; no broken bones. We'll just not let you sleep.’ And if, back in her cell, after a night spent in interrogation, when they closed their eyes during the day, the jailer broke in and shouted: ‘Open your eyes or I'll haul you off that cot by the legs and tie you to the wall standing up. The method was simple: prisoners were interrogated all night, and afterward forbidden to sleep during the day.”
Exposure to cold:
• Deprivation and hunger: “Cold, hunger, the bright light and especially sleeplessness. The cold is not terrific. But when the victim is weakened by hunger and sleeplessness, then the six or seven degrees above the freezing point make him tremble all the time, After two or three weeks. After fifty or sixty interrogations with cold and hunger and almost no sleep, a man becomes like an automaton -- his eyes are bright, his legs swollen, his hands trembling. In this state, he is often convinced he is guilty.”
• “Water boarding,” in which interrogators immerse or pour water over a detainee’s face until he believes he will suffocate or drown, is intended to cause a victim to believe he is about to die, and therefore amounts to a mock execution. called “torture” by several domestic and human rights courts.
Two additional methods are employed extensively. High-pressure water is often used, especially during and after hanging or electric shock, to reawaken circulation, to help spread the electric current, and to send the detainee back to his cell wet. The detainee is usually stripped naked before water is applied, which helps to "shame" and disorient the individual and also leads to heat loss from the body.
Sexual harassment-both physical and verbal-is also widely employed to both men and women and a lot of comments . a doctor who treats torture victims told Human Rights Watch that, " You are threaten to be raped, and verbally harass."
Electric shock was reportedly first introduced in Zionist jails. Usually used in conjunction with hanging or suspending by the arms, electric current is applied from a magnetic field telephone to various sensitive parts of the body, including sexual organs and the tongue, to the fingers, and to the small toe. Electricity is also applied to parts of the body distant from each other so as to cause as many spasms in different muscle groups as possible at the same time: the current uses the muscles as a conductor, thus causing pain, the inability to breath, heart spasms, and sometimes the involuntary loss of bodily functions. According to the HRFT treatment center in Izmir, torturers are using more sophisticated methods in applying electric shock, such as wetting with salt water in order to distribute the current more evenly or using expensive gels such as those utilized during an EKG to prevent burning at the point of contact in order not to leave marks that could be documented.
Hanging/Suspension by the arms:
Hanging or suspending by the arms is another widely employed method of torture and is usually used together with high pressure water, electric shock, beating, or sexual harassment such as squeezing the testicles. Victims are hanged with the arms straight out or with the arms behind the back (the so-called reverse or "Palestinian" hanging. Hanging causes extreme pain in the muscles and joints and disrupts the flow of blood to the brain, thus causing unconsciousness. According to Doctors, "During hanging, the whole weight is on the arms, the muscles stop functioning. When they hang you from behind, your arms or shoulders can become dislocated. But they have a new technique where they bandage the arms with foam to leave fewer marks."
One doctor from the HRFT treatment center in Izmir reported that, "The incidents of hanging have either gone down or have been practiced more discreetly since the foundation has been able to discover Brachial Plexus, the damage in the nerve center in the shoulder and arm pit that comes from hanging. When they wrap your arms properly, there is less chance of leaving marks."
Other techniques which used in the Zionist jails
1. The Attention Grab: The interrogator forcefully grabs the shirt front of the prisoner and shakes him.
2. Attention Slap: An open-handed slap aimed at causing pain and triggering fear.
3. The Belly Slap: A hard open-handed slap to the stomach. The aim is to cause pain, but not internal injury. Doctors consulted advised against using a punch, which could cause lasting internal damage.
4. Long Time Standing: This technique is described as among the most effective. Prisoners are forced to stand, handcuffed and with their feet shackled to an eye bolt in the floor for more than 40 hours. Exhaustion and sleep deprivation are effective in yielding confessions.
5. The Cold Cell: The prisoner is left to stand naked in a cell kept near 50 degrees. Throughout the time in the cell the prisoner is doused with cold water.
• They put cotton in both eyes, then adhesive tape on top, and a black hood tied at the neck, they tied feet and hands tightly and they plunged him in one of those 250 liter barrels of oil which contained ammonia, urine, excrement, and sea water; they submerged him like this until his breath couldn’t hold out, nor his lungs, and they kept repeating this again and again, along with blows and questions. http://www.alqassam.ps/english/?action=sfile&fid=955