- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by The Angry Goyim
Saturday, Jul. 22, 2006 at 5:07 PM
ACTION ALERT: Stop Israel's Attacks on Gaza & Lebanon
JOIN US IN THE FIGHT AGAINST ISRAELI APARTHEID TERRORISM
Take Action, sign up for http://www.cnionline.org political action alerts and tell Congress to stop using your tax dollars to support Israeli terrorism.
For further political action and information see http://www.endtheoccupation.org/ and http://www.cflweb.org/ and http://www.palsolidarity.org/main/ and http://www.voicesofpalestine.org/
Please copy, e-mail and distribute this as widely as possible.
lebanese_children_killed_by_israel.jpg4ijyk9.jpg, image/jpeg, 580x387
BACKGROUND: Israel is using weapons supplied by the United States to target Palestinian & Lebanese civilians and civilian infrastructure in the Gaza Strip and Lebanon in violation of the US Arms Export Control Act and the Geneva Conventions. * On July 12th, Israel killed 23 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip with missiles fired from aircraft and shells fired from tanks. Israel killed 9 members of one family in a missile strike on a house near Gaza City.
* On July 12th, Israel launched a massive invasion of Lebanon. Israeli aircraft fired missiles targeting civilian infrastructure, including bridges, roads, a mosque, a community center, and the Beirut International Airport, and the Israeli navy is blockading Lebanon's ports. Israel has killed at least 50 Lebanese civilians and injured more than 100, including entire Lebanese families of 10 and 7 people killed in the villages of Dweir and Baflay.
* On June 27th, Israel launched a massive invasion of the Gaza Strip. Israeli aircraft fired missiles targeting civilian infrastructure. In illegal acts of collective punishment, Israel demolished three key bridges, the Gaza Strip's only electricity generation plant, and part of a university, thereby endangering Palestinian human rights to food, water, health, electricity, education, and freedom of movement. Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert admitted that the purpose of these measures is to "apply pressure" to the civilian population of the Gaza Strip.
* On June 20th, Israeli aircraft fired at least one missile at a car in an extrajudicial assassination attempt on a road between Jabalya and Gaza City. The missile missed its intended target and killed three Palestinian children and wounded 15.
* On June 13th, Israeli aircraft fired missiles at a van in an extrajudicial assassination of two Palestinians in Gaza City. A second barrage of missiles fired shortly afterward killed nine Palestinian bystanders.
* On June 9th, Israel shelled a beach in Beit Lahiya killing 8 civilians and injuring 32. At the site of the killing, Human Rights Watch found evidence of a 155mm artillery shell consistent with those fired from an Israeli M-109 Self-Propelled Artillery. Israel's human rights violations in the Gaza Strip and Lebanon are being committed with US weapons financed by US tax dollars:
The Israeli air force fighter squadrons are composed of Lockheed Martin F-16I Fighting Falcons and Boeing F-15Is, which fire US-manufactured AMRAAM, Sidewinder, and Sparrow missiles. From 2000-2005, the United States licensed to Israel at least .062 billion of spare parts, engines, and missiles for its F-15 and F-16 fighter planes.
From 2000-2005, the United States licensed to the Israeli navy more than 2 million worth of patrol boat, ship, and submarine components and spare parts, torpedoes, and sonar equipment.
From 2000-2005, the United States licensed to Israel more than 8 million worth of tanks, components, and spare parts.
From 2000-2005, the United States licensed to Israel ,163 worth of M-109 spare parts and 155mm artillery shells.
(Statistics for US weapons licensed to Israel are compiled from the State Department's annual report to Congress pursuant to Sec. 655 of the Foreign Assistance Act. For more information, click here:
Israel's summer of killing civilians and destroying civilian infrastructure in the Gaza Strip is a clear reminder that Israel remains the occupying power of the Gaza Strip despite last year's "unilateral disengagement". Living under military occupation, the Palestinians of the Gaza Strip are "protected persons" under the terms of the Geneva Conventions. Israel's targeting of civilians and civilian infrastructure in the Gaza Strip and Lebanon is a violation of the Geneva Conventions and constitutes war crimes.
In addition, by using US-supplied weapons to commit these atrocities, Israel is violating the terms of the US Arms Export Control Act and Foreign Assistance Act. The Arms Export Control Act restricts the use of US weapons to legitimate self-defense and internal policing; US weapons cannot be used to attack civilians in offensive operations. The Foreign Assistance Act prohibits US aid of any kind to a country with a pattern of gross human rights violations.
TAKE ACTION: Hold Israel to account for its killing of civilians and destruction of civilian infrastructure in the Gaza Strip and Lebanon.
1. Contact the White House, State Department, and your Members of Congress to demand that Israel is held accountable for its violations of the US Arms Export Control Act and Foreign Assistance Act and urge that military aid to Israel be cut off as required by law. Click here to send an email: http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/uscampaign/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=4460
2. Write a letter to the editor or op-ed for your local newspaper and call your local talk radio stations to protest Israel's atrocities in the Gaza Strip and Lebanon and highlight US support for these actions. For contact information for your local media, click here: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/media/
3. Support the efforts of the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation to build a national movement to challenge US support for Israel's human rights violations. Click here to donate to our summer fundraising drive: http://www.endtheoccupation.org/article.php?id=1221
Report this post as:
LATEST COMMENTS ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
Listed below are the 10 latest comments of 129 posted about this article.
These comments are anonymously submitted by the website visitors.
|More on the terror
||Sunday, Jul. 23, 2006 at 10:47 AM
|Some standing up to Israelit terror
||Tuesday, Jul. 25, 2006 at 4:55 PM
|Who condemns the victimizer?
||Wednesday, Jul. 26, 2006 at 12:34 PM
|Protesting Israel's barbarism
||Thursday, Jul. 27, 2006 at 10:47 AM
||Still, no one has suggested
||Thursday, Jul. 27, 2006 at 1:12 PM
|More about mainstream media
||Thursday, Jul. 27, 2006 at 2:30 PM
|Questions and Answers on Hostilities Between Israel and Hezbollah
||Friday, Jul. 28, 2006 at 7:27 PM
|WHY DEATH AND DESTRUCTION IN LEBANON
||Saturday, Jul. 29, 2006 at 9:00 AM
|Not in the minastream right wing media
||Saturday, Jul. 29, 2006 at 10:46 AM
|Good Morning Beirut
||Saturday, Jul. 29, 2006 at 1:28 PM
|Israel's shameful war
||Saturday, Jul. 29, 2006 at 8:19 PM
|Israeli terror update
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 7:17 AM
|More on mainstream right wing media
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 10:38 AM
|It is the mainstream right wing media that causes people to support Israeli terror
||Unhappy US taxpayer
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 1:46 PM
|Great links! Thanks for posting them
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 2:36 PM
|Oh, the catholics hate the Protestants and
||Everyone hates the Jews
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 5:02 PM
|Responsibility to protect civillians
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 7:54 PM
|More Israeli terror
||Monday, Jul. 31, 2006 at 10:14 AM
|More Israeli terror
||Monday, Jul. 31, 2006 at 11:59 AM
|Oh Tia. You are wrong (again)
||Monday, Jul. 31, 2006 at 5:20 PM
||Monday, Jul. 31, 2006 at 5:28 PM
||Monday, Jul. 31, 2006 at 5:54 PM
||Tuesday, Aug. 01, 2006 at 1:20 PM
|How many dead children until Israel is satiated?
||Tuesday, Aug. 01, 2006 at 5:31 PM
|Not in my Name
||Wednesday, Aug. 02, 2006 at 2:27 PM
||Wednesday, Aug. 02, 2006 at 6:18 PM
|More on the Israeli lies and deception in media
||Friday, Aug. 04, 2006 at 2:59 PM
|Wow, good article about the pro-israel lies and deception in mainstream media
||Saturday, Aug. 05, 2006 at 9:32 PM
|UNCLE SATAN (GEORGE WARMONGER BUSH) on Satanic Ritual Abuse of Lebanese Children by IDF
||UNCLE SATAN (GEORGE WARMONGER BUSH)/IDF NAZIS
||Sunday, Aug. 06, 2006 at 10:11 PM
||Not a zionazi
||Monday, Aug. 07, 2006 at 11:13 AM
|More on the Qana massacre
||Tuesday, Aug. 08, 2006 at 12:26 PM
|Hey! Thanks for posting those pics Proud Jew
||More on Israeli Terror
||Friday, Aug. 11, 2006 at 3:58 PM
|not in mainstream media
||Saturday, Aug. 12, 2006 at 5:27 AM
|Delude the readers
||Saturday, Aug. 12, 2006 at 6:49 AM
|Perfect title for your comment, Beck-O. You should put that on all of them
||Saturday, Aug. 12, 2006 at 12:46 PM
|Great cartoon TW--speaks volumes
||Saturday, Aug. 12, 2006 at 12:49 PM
|"shetizdayen:, you're straining yourself with your phony postings
||Saturday, Aug. 12, 2006 at 1:56 PM
|Yeah, yer prolly right
||Saturday, Aug. 12, 2006 at 8:37 PM
|Mmm, yeah sure, shitstain baby-stabber
||Sunday, Aug. 13, 2006 at 11:10 AM
|Mmm, yeah sure, shitstain icepiker-to-the-brain
||Sunday, Aug. 13, 2006 at 12:54 PM
|I'm not a "sick hypocrite Euro-demon"
||Sunday, Aug. 13, 2006 at 1:52 PM
|Hey wait a minute! Holy shit!
||Sunday, Aug. 13, 2006 at 1:54 PM
||Sunday, Aug. 13, 2006 at 2:15 PM
|By the way
||Sunday, Aug. 13, 2006 at 2:21 PM
|You're a sick hypocrite Scott-demon
||Sunday, Aug. 13, 2006 at 3:30 PM
|Time for the Zio baby stabbers to cease fire!
||Sunday, Aug. 13, 2006 at 4:08 PM
|Draining ponds and cesspools
||Not a Dhimmi No More!
||Sunday, Aug. 13, 2006 at 5:11 PM
||Sunday, Aug. 13, 2006 at 5:56 PM
|Twerp is even more stoopid
||Sunday, Aug. 13, 2006 at 6:16 PM
|You don't even duly know US history
||Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2006 at 12:00 PM
|Jewish Dissidents Must Challenge Israel
||Jewish Dissidents Must Challenge Israel
||Wednesday, Aug. 16, 2006 at 1:18 PM
|Racism is ugly, especially zionism
||Wednesday, Aug. 16, 2006 at 1:34 PM
|This Pain Has No Ceasefire
||Friday, Aug. 18, 2006 at 6:00 PM
|The Lebanon War, a Post-Mortem
||Saturday, Aug. 19, 2006 at 12:40 PM
||Get ready for Schtarker's daily meltdown
||Saturday, Aug. 19, 2006 at 1:00 PM
||Saturday, Aug. 19, 2006 at 4:40 PM
|How do you say...
||Zionists kill children
||Saturday, Aug. 19, 2006 at 5:15 PM
|Son'ay Tziyon rotzhim yeladim.
||Is that Right?
||Saturday, Aug. 19, 2006 at 5:40 PM
|yet another question
||Saturday, Aug. 19, 2006 at 5:45 PM
|Son'ay Tziyon rotzhim yeladim.
||Let's try again
||Saturday, Aug. 19, 2006 at 6:12 PM
|well, thanks there, chum
||Saturday, Aug. 19, 2006 at 6:17 PM
|More on the terror state of Israel
||More on the terror state of Israel
||Monday, Aug. 21, 2006 at 3:41 PM
|MOre on Zionist terror and human rights
||Friday, Aug. 25, 2006 at 8:47 AM
|Posting about Al hejailan
||Monday, Oct. 01, 2007 at 10:26 PM
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings)
Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
After Being Told He's 'Full of Sh*t' at School Event, Mnuchin Demands UCLA Suppress Video
More Local News...
Behind the scenes at fbi National Academy
Treasury Takes Aim at Shell Companies
Paraphysique de l'intelligence
Oklahoma GOP Senator Jim Inhofe's Bloody Record
Globalization: hope on the horizon despite Fake Liberals.
Sorry President Trump,Ted Cruz Texas Judicial System,is Worse Than Many Shithole Countries
The Shortwave Report 07/20/18 Listen Globally!
3 Essential Videos
The System Question as a Survival Question
“Animaniacs in Concert!” Starring Voice Legend Rob Paulsen
Nation's Largest Voting Machine Co., ESS, Admits Lying Re Having Installed Remote Control
Du pain et des jeux
Fbi joins with Facebook to remove this report
Paraphysique de martyrologie
Asian Countries:Cambodia, Vietnam, N. Korea do not permit unlawful immigration
Children Incorporated Earns 4-Star Rating on Charity Navigator
Democratic Socialists of America
Leonard Peltier Non Violent Native American Political Prisoner since 1970's
Paraphysique miscellanées de l'aggiornamento
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Cleanup
FBI Investigated LA County Sheriff Baca,Why Not Hank Skinner's Persecution?
Updated Partial List Of Famous Vegetarians, Vegans, & Fruitarians
The Shortwave Report 07136/18 Listen Globally!
Social Policy as Social Infrastructure
Vol I: 84 Varieties Of GOP Election Fraud
Texas Can Call it An Execution,But It is A State Sponsored Murder of Hank Skinner..
June 2018 Honduras coup update
Maria Estrada doubles down on racist support
More Breaking News...