- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
Friday, Apr. 07, 2006 at 4:31 PM
"just wonderings" post is so full of falsehoods about immigration its hilarious, but also indicate of the ignorance of the anti-immigrant crowd. Even with a rudimentary understanding of the historical dynamic between the U.S. and Mexican society one can trash such a flaccid attempt at satire.
1. Free medical care for my family - most undocumented immigrants don't receive free medical care, because they don't have the resources and papers, and if they do they get the same bad services that poor Americans recieve. Hell, many Americans don't have health insurance to begin with because this government thinks its a privilege not a right.
2. English-speaking government bureaucrats - many educated bureaucrats in Mexico can speak some English, unlike in this country where learning a foreign language is considered like catching a disease.
3. All government forms need to be printed in English - businesses in Mexico provide this since most people who cross into Mexico to do business are American and Europeans (who are allowed to rape the country's natural resources, but you don't hear about how our immigration into Mexico and Latin America has a negative impact on their economy, which is why immigrants come here in the first place.
4. I want my kids to be taught by English speaking - if your kids are rich, chances are the education they can get in Mexico will include English-speaking teachers
5. Schools need to include classes on American - education i in Mexico includes this, how do you think Mexicans know about how the U.S. has historically f$%ked them over as a nation.
6. I want my kids to see...blah blah blah - sure, you can find American flags wherever Americans are putting them up in Mexico. Obviously this moron has never been to Baja California or the Yucatan where many Americans live off the fat of Mexico.
7. Please plan to feed my kids at school blah blah - Well gee, thanks to the bad economic situation which is cause by American economic policy, many Mexicans can't even put food on the table for their own kids, thats why they come here. I know some good restaurants in Mexico City that can fatten up your little brats if that's your concern.
8. I will need a local Mexican drivers license.. - Hell, open up a business in Mexico and you can do whatever you want; you can get a license, underpay your workers, pollute the environment. American business on the border and in the interior do this every day.
9. I do not plan to have any car insurance....- Find out how many Americans in general don't have car insurance just due to economics (meanwhile the insurance companies are making millions, even after natural disaster like Katrina, since many African Americans and poor whites can't afford it to begin with.
10. In case one of the Mexican police officers... - Yes, just try to get in the face of a Mexican police officer about this and see what happens. You'd have better luck dealing with that asshole who beat up Donovan Jacksn.
11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag- See number 6.
12. I would like to have a nice job without paying taxes - Well you don't have to become a Mexican citizen to do that, just join one of the churches in the U.S. Try out those Christian fundamentalist churches in the South, they get to influence government policy and they don't have to pay taxes. And let me dispell another myth. From the moment a Mexican crosses the border and purchases goods and services he is paying taxes into a system that he wil neve benefit from. Hello! People pay so much attention to stingy-ass rich people in America bitching about how much taxes they pay they don't pay attention to how they get screwed while the rich and corporations get government subsides, otherwise known as welfare.
13. Please tell all the people... - Please, you ain't god. And if you are a tourist, of course people in Mexico are going to be nice to you if you pour capital into their economy.
So in the end, I'm "just wondering" if the person who posted that list has a brain. But it is just indicative of the fact that some Americans are more ignorant about the people and culture south of the border than they are about the middle east. Hell, this morons ideas suggest he is ignorant about his own existence in the U.S. Go back to school and take a few Latin American Studies courses or something, just please, get informed.
Report this post as:
LATEST COMMENTS ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
Listed below are the 10 latest comments of 1 posted about this article.
These comments are anonymously submitted by the website visitors.
||heard it before
||Saturday, Apr. 08, 2006 at 10:06 PM
Change Links September 2018 posted
More Scandals Rock Southern California Nuke Plant San Onofre
Site Outage Friday
Change Links August 2018
Setback for Developer of SC Farm Land
More problems at Shutdown San Onofre Nuke
Change Links 2018 July posted
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings)
Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
More Local News...
Antrhopocène, le grand effondrement
Creative Destruction Hack Diamonds Windows/iOS/Android - Creative Destruction Generator
The Dictatorship of Corporations
18 Lethal Consequences Of Hunting
Paraphysique de l'outplacement déontologue
Creative Destruction Hack Mod Generator
Shopping du bashing
After Lehman Brothers, Experts Say Global Financial Crisis Can Happen Again
“Animaniacs in Concert!” Starring Voice Legend Rob Paulsen
Probabilités de fin d'humanité
Florida Area of Migrant Farmworkers Denied Right to Construct Health Clinic near NaplesCIW
Propagande de virus, virus de propagande
Steer clear of work morality!
Sweatshop Lodge Ceremony Continues in US Fed Prisons Led by Inmates
Paraphysique de l'origami
The Shortwave Report 09/07/18 Listen Globally!
August 2018 Honduras Coup update
Du réussissement putréfié
Brett Kavanaugh Filled The 5th Circuit With Execution Judges
Augusta Georgia Woman Gets 5 Year Prison Sentence for Writing About Russians Crime Acts
Paraphysique de contextualité
Crisis Regulation in Global Capitalism
Ex-voto de réification
Please Oppose Warmonger, Execution and Torture Supporting Bush Operative Brett Kavanaugh
Paraphysique d'exploitation occultation
Ryan Zinke Is Charging Taxpayers For A Trophy Hunters' Council
More Breaking News...