South Central Farmers Support Coalition
Action Alert Action Alert Action Alert Action Alert Action Alert
- EVICTION NOTICE POSTED!!
An eviction notice was posted on the west gate of the South Central Farm by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department at 2:00pm, yesterday March 1, 2006. According to the notice the 14 acre farm (the largest urban farm in the nation) needs to be vacated by Monday March 6, 2006. Until the end of that day, it will still be legal for the farmers to remain on the land.
-We’re asking everyone to take to the following actions in immediate support of the farmers
1. Go to the Los Angeles City Hall this Friday March 3, 2006 at 9:00 am to
demonstrate outside and to speak out during the City Council Meeting’s Public
Comments. Demand the city intervene on the community’s behalf! Public
comments commences at 10:00 am.
2. Contact Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and ask him to respond morally and
Email: email@example.com Phone: (213) 978-0600
-Attached is a sample letter addressed to the mayor and image you can
send to remind him of his promises to the farmers.
3. Come to the South Central Farm at 41st and Alameda (Blue line, Vernon
Station) for a community informing and support meeting this Sunday, 3/5, at 3
pm. We’ll also be doing Know Your Rights, Legal Observing and Non-Violent
Civil Disobedience trainings after the meeting.
4. Join the South Central Farmers for a candle light ceremony to display honor and solidarity for the preservation of the farm. Sunday March 5, 2006 at 6:30 p.m. @ The South Central Farm
-We’ll be continuing our 24 hour vigil to protect the farm which started in July of
2005. Please bring supplies of food, water, flashlights, batteries, firewood,
sleeping bags, blankets, tarps, tents and anything else we may need in the days
- For information on the South Central Farmers visit www.southcentralfarmers.com