- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
Wednesday, Feb. 01, 2006 at 10:21 PM
Is "hiding" opposing viewpoints supposed to help the democratic process?! Hypocracy.
Why is Indymedia LA hiding all of the following posts:
I realize that some of them present a viewpoint that many people here might not agree with, but I thought this Indymedia thing was supposed to be about "democratizing" the media.
How is "hiding" all the ideas you don't agree with helping to promote Democracy?! How is this helping encourage civil debate? HOW IS THIS NOT JUST AS FASCIST & REPRESSIVE AS THE CORPORATE MEDIA'S HIDING THE STORIES THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE?!
I'm very angered by this. I know this post will just be hidden like the rest, but for those of you who see it in the mean time, I think you need to question the convictions of the "ruling collective" running this Indymedia site.
This is Bullshit.
While we try to avoid hiding posts as much as possible (Bullshit, so it seems), the following types of items will merit close scrutiny and may be hidden:
* "Spam" posting; i.e., posts deliberately designed to disrupt the newswire and its basic ability to function. These are posts that are deemed to be devoid of content or analysis and appear to be published with the sole purpose of disruption. (NO)
* Posts the author has requested hidden. (NO)
* Posts that are obviously incorrect or misleading. This includes attempts to spread misinformation or to impersonate another individual. ("misinformation"?? Maybe you don't agree with what these posts say, but "misinformation"?? That's scary -- when a small "editorial collective" gets to impose its point of view on the people who rely on Indymedia for exposure to views that they may not otherwise hear in the mainstream press. What problem is Indymedia solving, if it represses the stories it doesn't like, just like the corporate press??)
* Posts that contain generalized and negative assertions about any race, nation, creed, class, ethnic group, sexual orientation, etc. (Hell NO)
* Posts that advocate the mass physical elimination of a specific race, nation, creed, class, ethnic group, sexual orientation, etc, or that link to websites that advocate the same. (Hell NO)
* Posts that treat the newswire as a personal "bulletin board" with non-political content directed at one or another newswire participants. (NO)
* Unreadable formats (i.e. photos posted as text). (NO)
* Posts titled "test". (NO)
* Duplicate posts (including duplicate photographs). (NO)
* Advertising of products or for-profit services. (NO)
* Pornography, excepting sexually explicit satire. (NO)
Report this post as:
LATEST COMMENTS ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
Listed below are the 10 latest comments of 49 posted about this article.
These comments are anonymously submitted by the website visitors.
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 12:09 AM
|At first glance those posts seem OK though.
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 2:04 AM
|Indymedia cries about free speech and then deletes posts! HYPOCRITES!
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 3:38 AM
|Well this is there board
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 4:04 AM
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 4:14 AM
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 6:46 AM
|Johnk is right
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 8:07 AM
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 8:31 AM
|This is "Open Publishing"
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 9:58 AM
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 2:19 PM
|...and stories that don't fit our political bias
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 3:34 PM
|question for johnk
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 4:44 PM
|taking out the trash
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 4:51 PM
|Question for the spammer.
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 5:24 PM
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 6:18 PM
|Conspiracy theories are just that, theories.
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 6:59 PM
|If LA-IMC bans some Libertarians from posting who claim to uphold anti-racism principles,
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 8:43 PM
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 9:10 PM
|Regarding Costa Mesa (OT)
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 9:30 PM
|Did not want to debate however
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 10:19 PM
|words mean things
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 10:40 PM
||Thursday, Feb. 02, 2006 at 10:41 PM
|FYI, propaganda can be completely true or it can be completely a lie, it's all in the way
||Friday, Feb. 03, 2006 at 12:16 AM
||Friday, Feb. 03, 2006 at 1:17 AM
||Friday, Feb. 03, 2006 at 1:31 AM
||Friday, Feb. 03, 2006 at 5:05 AM
||Thursday, Feb. 16, 2006 at 3:52 AM
|SOS Dissenters Paradise?
||Thursday, Feb. 16, 2006 at 10:35 AM
|"anarcho-capitalists do exist"
||Thursday, Feb. 16, 2006 at 4:26 PM
||Thursday, Feb. 16, 2006 at 5:22 PM
|"military intelligence," etc.
||Thursday, Feb. 16, 2006 at 5:33 PM
|and property rights
||Thursday, Feb. 16, 2006 at 5:53 PM
||Thursday, Feb. 16, 2006 at 6:55 PM
|still more founders of property rights
||Thursday, Feb. 16, 2006 at 7:14 PM
|Property rights stuff
||Thursday, Feb. 16, 2006 at 8:08 PM
|"Would the real anarchist please stand up?"
||Friday, Feb. 17, 2006 at 12:03 PM
|Meyer London speaks on anarcho-capitailsm
||Friday, Feb. 17, 2006 at 12:42 PM
|One more thing...
||Friday, Feb. 17, 2006 at 12:56 PM
|"Government impedes capitalism; it doesn't support it."
||Friday, Feb. 17, 2006 at 7:13 PM
|Governments and capitalism
||Friday, Feb. 17, 2006 at 10:54 PM
||Friday, Feb. 17, 2006 at 11:50 PM
|Fresca: A new strategy
||Saturday, Feb. 18, 2006 at 9:44 AM
|Good one Meyer
||Saturday, Feb. 18, 2006 at 2:52 PM
||Sunday, Feb. 19, 2006 at 4:22 PM
||Sunday, Feb. 19, 2006 at 4:35 PM
|More about "black propaganda"
||Sunday, Feb. 19, 2006 at 8:10 PM
Why Should California Choose De Leon Over Feinstein?
Change Links September 2018 posted
More Scandals Rock Southern California Nuke Plant San Onofre
Site Outage Friday
Change Links August 2018
Setback for Developer of SC Farm Land
More problems at Shutdown San Onofre Nuke
Change Links 2018 July posted
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings)
Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
More Local News...
Elder Aliyah to Israel, Like Abraham and Sarah
Paraphysique du microcosme macrocosme
September 2018 Honduras coup update
The Nation Unites Against Brian Kemp, Most Racist Secretary of State in US
The Nation Unites Against Brian Kemp, Most Racist Secretary of State in US
Paraphysique de l'ubérisation
22 Ways Trump Has Increased US Deficit By 4 to 5 Trillion Dollars
Debunking Some Anti-Prop 10 Propaganda
Plus d'hôpitaux, à bas les aéros
When Banana Ruled (documentary)
Outstanding Report By RAMOLA D &Dr.Tomo Shibata
Dark Clouds Gather on Horizon for Financial System, Warns International Monetary Fund
Fbi pure evil & immorality
Reality Check: Palestinian-Israeli Coexistence is a Big Lie
Voiceless Animals: 2018 Candidates They Oppose
IMF Lowers Global Growth Projections and Raises Concerns of Financial Crisis
Canitie, l'inhumanité vieillit
L'anarchie en quelques exemples
100 Ways GOP Have Stolen Elections Since 1876
Proximospective de l'univocité réifiée
Trump & Palestine vs. Genesis, Rashi & The Land of Israel
The Criminality of the Elites
Business de l'inhumanitaire
Marriage Rape/Date Rape Highest Rapes
Women I Know Get Raped - Too Many Times To Count!
Women In USA Have Stockholm Syndrom
More Breaking News...