- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by It's the Collaborators, stupid!
Friday, Dec. 02, 2005 at 8:23 PM
Bob Woodward of "Watergate" fame, who recently interjected himself in to the "Plame-gate" scandal, worked as a "gatekeeper" for the Office of Naval Intelligence [ONI], the Pentagon, the CIA and the White House while serving in the Navy, before he joined the Washington Post in late1971 . He may have been "carrying water" for his former Pentagon bosses in the Watergate scandal. Is he now doing the same for neo-cons?
Woodward has smeared federal prosecutor Fitzgerald as a "junk yard prosecutor".
But is Woodward really a "Junk Yard Spy"??
Read details in of Bob Woodward's intelligence career before he became famous as the Watergate reported for the Washington Post.
Jim Hougan's [ also author of "Spooks"] excellent Watergate book "Secret Agenda" [1984, Random House] reveals [espec. at p. 293 - 301] :
1. The son of a Republican Judge and Yale graduate, Woodward served in the Navy as an intelligence officer under Admiral Robert Welander, and the Chief of Naval Operations, Adm. Thomas Moorer from @ 1968-1970. Adms. Welander and Moorer were investigated by Congress in @ 1974 for allegedly spying on the Nixon White House and National Security Advisor Henry Kissinger. This was at the time the White House was seeking rapprochement with the Soviet Union and China, about which many in the military, including , Adm. Moorer, had doubts.
2. As a naval intelligence officer, Woodward became acquainted with the elite "Old Boys" network of spies and "former" spies inside and outside of government, whom Woodward could use as sources when he later "retired" from the Navy in August 1970 and became a "reporter".
3. Although accepted into the prestigious Harvard Law School for the fall 1970 class, Woodward declined, in order to accept a "tryout" as a cub reporter for the Washington Post. Although he submitted 17 "stories", he was such a poor writer that all were rejected, and Woodward was let go after 2 weeks. Woodward had to be tutored at a suburban Virginia paper for about a year before finally landing his job at the Post, conveniently, just as the White House "Plumbers" [to plug leaks] unit was forming. It was this White House ad hoc "spy agency" that broke into the Watergate Democratic HDQ in June 1972, launching Woodward's rise to fame.
4. Author HOUGAN did not think, in 1984, that FELT was "Deep Throat", largely because "Throat" did not reveal to Woodward the CIA's "secret agenda" [hence the book's title] - a "honey trap" prostitution network being run, unbeknownst to either the Nixon White House or the Democrats, out of the very DNC office in the Watergate that Nixon's "Plumbers" were targeting. The 'trap' secretly filmed Democratic pols while in illicit trysts with whores through 2-way mirrors in an apartment near the Watergate, presumably to be used as extortion tapes. Hougan's main thesis is that 'retired' CIA agents/Watergate defendants E. Howard Hunt and James McCord, who ran the whore trap, deliberately sabotaged the Nixon team's attempted break-ins at the DNC [the infamous arrest on June 17, 1972 was the 5th attempt], in order to protect their own operation. [ Hougan' error about Felt, if it is one, may be because Felt may have just withheld this information from Woodward. If indeed he was "Throat", Felt may have been protecting the CIA's whore operation. Or Woodward could have himself suppressed news of the whore trap. ]
5. HOUGAN suggests, at p. 301, that "Deep Throat", whoever he was, could have been "carrying water" to Woodward for higher-ups, such as Adm. Moorer, and former CNO, Adm. Elmo Zumwalt, both of whom dissented from Nixon/Kissinger foreign policies. [Today's 'neo-cons' like Dick Cheny and Don Rumsfield would seem to be ideological equivalent of Moorer/Zumwalt.
Nixon/Kissinger could be more ideologically aligned with today's Ambassador Joe Wilson and his wife Valerie Plame.]
Given Woodward's employment history with Adm. Moorer, he would have been a willing recipient of the Pentagon's "water" , and may have, in many ways, been his own "Deep Throat".
When former asst. FBI Director Mark Felt finally "revealed" himself as "Deep Throat" last summer, Woodward himself admitted he met Felt in @ 1970 at the Nixon White House while Woodward was delivering papers, probably to Kissinger's National Security office. Kissinger was the very person against whom the soon-to-be reporter 's then boss, Adm. Moorer, was suspected of spying against at the time.
If Woodward was a shill for right-of-Nixon [e.g. predecessor 'neo-con'] military-industrialists in 1972, could he be the same in 2005 for neo-cons against "pinko" CIA officers like Plame, and allies like Wilson, who dissented from the Bush-Cheney war policy. Hence, is Woodward again "carrying water" in attacking the Plame-gate investigation?
Here's a link & "headline from Pacifica Radio's "Democracy Now', hosted by Amy Goodman, Fri. Nov. 18, 2005:
>From: "Democracy Now!" firstname.lastname@example.org>
>Subject: DN!: Woodward Downplayed CIA Leak Case Despite Involvement
Report this post as:
Change Links 2018 July posted
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings)
Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
More Local News...
14 Disturbing Facts About Scott Gottlieb, Trump's FDA Head
Behind the scenes at fbi National Academy
Treasury Takes Aim at Shell Companies
Paraphysique de l'intelligence
Oklahoma GOP Senator Jim Inhofe's Bloody Record
Globalization: hope on the horizon despite Fake Liberals.
Sorry President Trump,Ted Cruz Texas Judicial System,is Worse Than Many Shithole Countries
The Shortwave Report 07/20/18 Listen Globally!
The System Question as a Survival Question
Nation's Largest Voting Machine Co., ESS, Admits Lying Re Having Installed Remote Control
Du pain et des jeux
Paraphysique de martyrologie
Children Incorporated Earns 4-Star Rating on Charity Navigator
Democratic Socialists of America
Leonard Peltier Non Violent Native American Political Prisoner since 1970's
Paraphysique miscellanées de l'aggiornamento
FBI Investigated LA County Sheriff Baca,Why Not Hank Skinner's Persecution?
Updated Partial List Of Famous Vegetarians, Vegans, & Fruitarians
The Shortwave Report 07136/18 Listen Globally!
Social Policy as Social Infrastructure
Vol I: 84 Varieties Of GOP Election Fraud
Texas Can Call it An Execution,But It is A State Sponsored Murder of Hank Skinner..
June 2018 Honduras coup update
Maria Estrada doubles down on racist support
New York Women in Film & Television Announces 2018 NYWIFT Ha Phuong Scholarship Recipients
Trapps de la domination, trapps de l'aliénation
Please Work For The Defeat Of Brett Kavanaugh And Why
Transinhumanisme ( transe inhumanisme )
More Breaking News...