1. AFL-CIO Labor Rights Scorecard Ratings (0-100%) for each of the possible
or declared current Congressional candidates based on how they voted on
2. League of Conservation Voters Environment Scorecard Ratings based
on voting record in 107th Congress (except for Mosley Braun, whose lifetime
record is shown).
3. Dean has a complex 4-prong plan, extending multiple state and federal
programs piecemeal, combined with tax credits and incentives, all of which
Dean claims is more likely to become law, but still won't cover everyone
(source: www.BobHarris.com). Gephardt's plan is not single payer.
4. Single payer Universal Health Care has been endorsed by the Journal
of the American Medical Association and over 8,000 U.S. physicians, August,
5. Dean has not taken a clear stand on this issue. Please see http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/222/oped/Dean_s_unseemly_stumble+.shtml
for more information.
6. Reason for voting no: said the resolution should have authorized force
against terrorist groups as well: "This resolution is too timid.
War abroad will, without assertive security action, increase the
prospects of terrorist attacks here at home."
Unofficial Document: researched and created by Eric Forst - please
send corrections to email@example.com