- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
Thursday, Mar. 13, 2003 at 4:11 PM
Djindjic in Belgrade killed: Serbia Prime Minister shot. State of emergency imposed. Germany's important man on the Balkans dead. On Wednesday the Serbian Prime Minister Zoran Djindjic died into Belgrade with the second attempt within few weeks.
Translation by Google
Fischer's man in Belgrade
Zoran Djindjic is to have been more popular in Germany than in Serbia. That has its reasons (part of 1)
In Belgrade a "coup d'etat" took place gradually. The term originates from a protest explanation of the Democratic Party of Serbia (DSS), the party of the former Yugoslav president Vojislav Kostunica. The Serbian Prime Minister Zoran Djindjic introduced a "dictatorship" and avails themselves of "Mafia methods like at that time Slobodan Milosevic", continued to be called it. The hard words are appropriate, if one realises the scandal history of the Djindjic government, since her at the beginning of the yearly 2001, after which fall of Slobodan Milosevic in the October 2000, which took over business:
- the delivery of Milosevic on 28 June 2001 to the UN war crimes tribunal into the Hague took place against written promises Djindjics and, which is legally crucial, against the veto of the highest constitutional court. Critics spoke of "Kidnapping".
- on 3 August 2001 the former secret service officer Momir Gavrilovic on open road was shot, after he had handed Kostunicas over advisors material over "connections between cabinet members and the organized crime". From protest the DSS Ministers from the Djindjic cabinet withdrew.
- on 14 March 2002 Momcilo Perisic, Djindjic's deputy was arrested as a Serbian Prime Minister, in the case of flagrantly supplying of secret documents to the Balkans boss of the CIA. Djindjic protested first against the action of the military shielding service KOS, had to drop its vice however, after KOS presented video tape recordings over its CIA contacts.
- on 29 July 2002 the Djindjic supporting majority in the government alliance DOS locked out the Kostunica Party DSS from the DOS coalition, taking all of its 21 seats in the Serbian parliament and occupied the freed mandates with own people. Also in this case a vote of the Yugoslav constitutional court was ignored.
- with the Serbian presidency elections Kostunica the candidate of the DOS alliance Miroljub Labus in the ballot deklassierte on 13 October 2002 in the ratio 2:1 and could not not begin the office nevertheless, because the necessary election turnout was not reached. A further ballot at the beginning of of Decembers failed because of the same regulation. Thereupon the Kostunica party exerted a constitutional challenge: The Djindjic government blew up the voters list also over 800,000 ghost voters; if one became these out-counted, the quorum had not been missed. The complaint was rejected. Since year end parliament president Natasa Micic led provisionally also the office of the Serbian president - purely coincidental a trusted friend of Djindjic.
Djindjic's power play against Kostunica was in such a way pressed, because he would have never come without its support to the shift levers of power. "only because Djindjic did without its own candidacy and as King maker the little polarizing Kostunica favored, could the opposition (...) the necessary impact force mobilize", commentated Der Spiegel after the change of power in October 2000. "I was for the broad mass with us not selectable", grant Djindjic themselves.
The Frankfurt Rundschau called Djindjic the "first Serbian Prime Minister, who is more popular in Germany than in Serbia", on the roads of Belgrade he as "nemacki covek" (as "German person"), sometimes also than "Hitler's grandchild" titled. Are already for a long time very intensive actually the Germany contacts 1952 born Djindjic: When the oppositional student was put 1974 by the Tito police into the prison, it was to have become released on personal intervention of the Federal Chancellor at that time Willy Brandt. Subsequently, he continued his study in Frankfurt/Main with professor Habermas and attached first contacts with the bookseller at that time (now German Foreign Minister) Joseph Fischer. To its graduation in Konstanz Djindjic returned 1979 to Yugoslavia. 1989 the SPD-associated "Friedrich Ebert Foundation" (FES) makes for Djindjic possible a three-month stay in the Federal Republic, with which these "inspiring humans, intellectual one and politician" (Djindjic in the review) met. The in such a way inspired young politician creates briefly on it in Serbia the Democratic Party (DS), in which he dresses from 1990 at leading positions. Also 1996 and 1998 report to Djindjic with the FES.
* Tomorrow: Djindjics fight for power
Report this post as:
LATEST COMMENTS ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
Listed below are the 10 latest comments of 9 posted about this article.
These comments are anonymously submitted by the website visitors.
|Good news from Yugoslavia!
||Thursday, Mar. 13, 2003 at 4:20 PM
|To Serbian Fool
||Thursday, Mar. 13, 2003 at 4:36 PM
||Thursday, Mar. 13, 2003 at 9:29 PM
|but it's interesting what he said!
||Thursday, Mar. 13, 2003 at 9:37 PM
||Thursday, Mar. 13, 2003 at 10:20 PM
||Thursday, Mar. 13, 2003 at 10:33 PM
|meanwhile, in reality.....
||Thursday, Mar. 13, 2003 at 10:37 PM
||Thursday, Mar. 13, 2003 at 10:44 PM
||Friday, Mar. 14, 2003 at 2:58 PM
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
After Being Told He's 'Full of Sh*t' at School Event, Mnuchin Demands UCLA Suppress Video
Resolution of the Rent Strike in Boyle Heights
What Big Brother Knows About You and What You Can Do About It
Step Up As LAPD Chief Charlie Beck Steps Down
Our House Grief Support Center Hosts 9th Annual Run For Hope, April 29
Don’t let this LA County Probation Department overhaul proposal sit on the shelf
Echo Park Residents Sue LA Over Controversial Development
Former Signal Hill police officer pleads guilty in road-rage incident in Irvine
Calif. Police Accused of 'Collusion' With Neo-Nazis After Release of Court Documents
Center for the Study of Political Graphics exhibit on Police Abuse posters
City Agrees to Settle Lawsuit Claiming Pasadena Police Officer Had His Sister Falsely Arre
Professor's Study Highlights Health Risks of Urban Oil Drilling
Claims paid involving Pasadena Police Department 2014 to present
Pasadenans - get your license plate reader records from police
LA Times Homicide Report
More Local News...
Biodiversité ou la nature privatisée
The Market is a Universal Totalitarian Religion
Book Available about Hispanics and US Civil War by National Park Service
The Shortwave Report 04/20/18 Listen Globally!
The Republican 'Prolife' Party Is the Party of War, Execution, and Bear Cub Murder
Paraphysique de la dictature étatique
Book Review: "The New Bonapartists"
The West Must Take the First Steps to Russia
Théorie générale de la révolution ou hommage à feu Mikhaïl Bakounine
The Shortwave Report 04/13/18 Listen Globally!
“Lost in a Dream” Singing Competition Winner to Be Chosen on April 15 for ,000 Prize!
The World Dependent on Central Banks
Ohio Governor Race: Dennis Kucinich & Richard Cordray Run Against Mike DeWine
March 2018 Honduras Coup Again Update
Apologie du zadisme insurrectionnel
ICE contract with license plate reader company
Black Portraiture(S) IV: The Color of Silence...Cuba No...Cambridge Yes
Prohibiting Micro-Second Betting on the Exchanges
Prosecutors treat Muslims harsher than non-Muslims for the same crimes
Amy Goodman interview on cell phone safety
Mesa, Arizona police officer kills unarmed white man
Israeli leaders should be prosecuted for war crimes
Paraphysique de l'autorité
Two Podcasts on fbi corruption
Fbi assassins assault & try to kill DAVID ATKINS
EPA Head Scott Pruitt: Of Cages And Sirens
More Breaking News...