The Orange County (Irvinve, CA) Truth Tour committee has made its COMMUNITY AGREEMENT available and we are posting it here. A product of consensus, the Community Agreement lays out five simple and clear points to make the protest in Irvine the strongest and most effective protest it can be.
1. Our actions are intended to highlight and to show our support for the Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW). We believe that the large corporations that buy Florida tomatoes must step up to their responsibility by demanding, and obtaining, changes in the shameful pay and working conditions suffered by the men and women who pick their tomatoes. Our actions are not to disrupt the lives of the community of Los Angeles and Irvine. We will respect the people who live in Los Angeles and Irvine, and their personal property.
2. We will not initiate violence towards or harm any living b! eing or property.
3. Our words and actions will respect all ethnic groups, women, and the queer community.
4. We will not carry weapons or illegal substances.
5. We are in solidarity with each other and will help others during and after the action. We will respect others actions, speak only for ourselves, and not disrespect others when speaking to the media or the police.