Latest Information about EU protests in Brussels:
- 10.30pm: A people's live gig with bands from Belgium, France and Spain is now under way. Live streaming from Radio Bruxxel.
- 6.50: Street party in Porte de Hal is being called off due to increasing police pressure.
- 6.40: Reports of police activity in the streets around the Party. Confirmed reports of people being harrassed and arrested in the streets nearby. So far 34 people are confirmed to be detained in today's actions.
- 6.20: Confirmed reports of people indentifying some 15 undercover police wearing black clothes and balaclavas amongst the party crowd. People have pushed them away and surrounded them in a street corner. The atmosphere became tense while riot police turned up to rescue the infiltrators and left the scene together.
- 5.45: People have reclaimed the streets and the Street Party has now arrived at Porte de Hal with an excellent atmosphere. The crowd is still raving in the street to a sound-system, live bands and samba-drumming, and cellebrating the fact that the riot police seems to have backed off.
- 5.25: The Street Party got through the police blockade collectively, and is now moving again to its final destination in Porte de Hal. The crowd advances very slowly as riot police seems not to be in the same party mood.
- 5.00: Riot police has now surrounded the 3-4.000 strong crowd and they are blocking people from moving around. The atmosphere is getting more tense but the Party continues. Some negotiations with the Police are taking place.
- 4.45: The Street Party has now stopped in a junction in the back streets of central Brussels. Large numbers of riot police have started to take positions surrounding the Party. Some warnings have been given to the crowd, but people is still assertive in their right to demontrate, and continue to party.
- 4.30: The Street party is still moving through central Brussels. People are dancing to different sounds, and many local people are showing their support by coming out their windowns and cheering the crowd. Riot police presence is increasing.
- 3.45: The street party has now set off from Zuidstation Midi and is moving around the back streets of central Brussels. Large numbers of police are following the crowd through parallel streets. Party is at full swing with a techno sound-system, a lorry with live bans playing, and a large International Samba Collective drumming away.
- 3.15pm: Anarchist demo has arrived to Zuidstation Midi. Around 3 to 4.000 people have now converged for the Street Party. Two sound-systems started playing some minutes ago, and people is ready to party, to cellebrate that another Europe is possible!
- 2.45pm: People is now converging in Zuidstation Midi for the Street Party. Around 600 people are already dancing to the rhythms of the International Samba Collective. Two sound-systems are getting ready for this afternoon's fun.
- 2.00pm: A 2.000 strong Anarchist demo is now under way moving towards central Brussels. Police is present in the streets around the march. Reports of undecover police trying to infiltrate the demo. So far no reports of confontration or police violence.
- 12.30pm: A colourful and joyful Peace march is under way in Brussels. Up to 2.000 people are demosntrating in a carnival atmosphere with a sound-system and drumming bands. At 3.30pm people will converge on Zuidstation Midi for a street party.