- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
Sunday, Feb. 15, 2015 at 10:53 AM
Adrenaline, additives, and preservatives in the food, impatience in fast food drivethrough queues, corporate objectification of the customer, poverty are some reasons for the higher crime rate at fast food outlets.
nccr_legion_of_doom.png, image/png, 758x701
Why Do Fast Food Outlets Have Higher Crime Rates?
1. The terror, fright, agony and anger experienced by mammals being murdered in slaughterhouses is manifested in higher secretions of adrenaline into their blood stream and muscle cells. This adrenaline, the links of whose molecule chains are only somewhat broken up by cooking, remain in the animals' flesh and continue to act as anger, terror and fright in the humans eating their flesh. At fast food outlets, many are consuming such flesh.
2. The vibrations of those handling, cooking, and serving food also enter the food. Fast food employees in the US have not been allowed to unionize. For the most part they receive minimum wage with no pension, no health insurance, no other benefits. Their working conditions create anger.
3. Besides animal flesh, artificial colors and preservatives have negative effects on behavior. "Artificial colors and preservatives added to food can influence how a child behaves, according to a 2009 article published in the "European Journal of Clinical Nutrition." Foods that contain large amounts of saturated fats, trans fats or sodium can also play a role."
4. In their attempt to market to as many people as possible, fast food outlets are often built in poor neighborhoods in which the rate of violent crime is higher. Eric Schlosser writes in Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the American Meal: "the vast majority of restaurant robberies occur in fast food restaurants because they are open late, staffed by teenagers, full of cash and convennient."
5. Those who live in poorer neighborhoods have less access to full service grocery stores, to fresh fruits and vegetables, not only because these stores avoid the crime, and because the poor have fewer transportation options.
6. Drive through queues lead to impatience, and in some cases to actions such as throwing the food back at the clerk.
7. Fast food outlets are more easily accessible for desperate people resorting to theft.
8. Fast food drive through queues are not conducive to personal service. Customers are upset when exceptions can't be made.
The Bureau Of Labor Statistics estimates that the rate of assaults at limited-service restaurants is more than twice as high as at full-service restaurants
9. The assembly line character of food food outlets ieads to less personal contact with the customer, more objectification. Those who sense they are being objectified are more likely to have an angry response.
From the Huffington Post:
Melodi Dushane... demanded nuggets instead of hashbrowns. When she was met with a "no," Dushane used her fists instead of her words, punched the McDonald's drive-thru employee and ended up in court with a vandalism charge.
Examples Of Violence:
From the online edition of Slate:
"In January, Toledo, Ohio, resident Melodi Dushane punched out a McDonald's drive-through window when she was told they didn't sell Chicken McNuggets in the morning. Another woman recently drove through a crowd of people in a McDonald's parking lot, injuring four. In 2008, a Los Angeles man punched a 16-year-old girl in the face at a McDonald's after she complained about him cutting the line. A Wendy's customer reportedly assaulted a female clerk at a drive-through window in 2007 after she didn't tell him to "have a nice day." The list goes on. Spike Jonze even made a fast-food beating the centerpiece of his music video for Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs" "
From the online edition of Livestrong:
"Artificial colors and preservatives added to food can influence how a child behaves, according to a 2009 article published in the "European Journal of Clinical Nutrition." Foods that contain large amounts of saturated fats, trans fats or sodium can also play a role."
Below are links to a few of many thousands of articles on the correlation between fast food outlets and crime, or the correlation between meat and anger.
Obesity too is correlated to fast food eating.
Isocaloric studies indicate the average vegan weighs 23 lbs. less than nonvegetarians.
10 bizarre fast food crimes
Deadly night shift at fast food outlets
Effects of junk food on children's behavior
Eric Schlosser author of Fast Food Nation
Report this post as:
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
After Being Told He's 'Full of Sh*t' at School Event, Mnuchin Demands UCLA Suppress Video
Resolution of the Rent Strike in Boyle Heights
What Big Brother Knows About You and What You Can Do About It
Step Up As LAPD Chief Charlie Beck Steps Down
Our House Grief Support Center Hosts 9th Annual Run For Hope, April 29
Don’t let this LA County Probation Department overhaul proposal sit on the shelf
Echo Park Residents Sue LA Over Controversial Development
Former Signal Hill police officer pleads guilty in road-rage incident in Irvine
Calif. Police Accused of 'Collusion' With Neo-Nazis After Release of Court Documents
Center for the Study of Political Graphics exhibit on Police Abuse posters
City Agrees to Settle Lawsuit Claiming Pasadena Police Officer Had His Sister Falsely Arre
Professor's Study Highlights Health Risks of Urban Oil Drilling
Claims paid involving Pasadena Police Department 2014 to present
Pasadenans - get your license plate reader records from police
LA Times Homicide Report
More Local News...
What does the Quran Say About Islamic Dress??
Biodiversité ou la nature privatisée
The Market is a Universal Totalitarian Religion
Book Available about Hispanics and US Civil War by National Park Service
The Shortwave Report 04/20/18 Listen Globally!
The Republican 'Prolife' Party Is the Party of War, Execution, and Bear Cub Murder
Paraphysique de la dictature étatique
Book Review: "The New Bonapartists"
The West Must Take the First Steps to Russia
Théorie générale de la révolution ou hommage à feu Mikhaïl Bakounine
The Shortwave Report 04/13/18 Listen Globally!
“Lost in a Dream” Singing Competition Winner to Be Chosen on April 15 for ,000 Prize!
The World Dependent on Central Banks
Ohio Governor Race: Dennis Kucinich & Richard Cordray Run Against Mike DeWine
March 2018 Honduras Coup Again Update
Apologie du zadisme insurrectionnel
ICE contract with license plate reader company
Black Portraiture(S) IV: The Color of Silence...Cuba No...Cambridge Yes
Prohibiting Micro-Second Betting on the Exchanges
Prosecutors treat Muslims harsher than non-Muslims for the same crimes
Amy Goodman interview on cell phone safety
Mesa, Arizona police officer kills unarmed white man
Israeli leaders should be prosecuted for war crimes
Paraphysique de l'autorité
Two Podcasts on fbi corruption
Fbi assassins assault & try to kill DAVID ATKINS
More Breaking News...