- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
Sunday, Feb. 15, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Adrenaline, additives, and preservatives in the food, impatience in fast food drivethrough queues, corporate objectification of the customer, poverty are some reasons for the higher crime rate at fast food outlets.
nccr_legion_of_doom.png, image/png, 758x701
Why Do Fast Food Outlets Have Higher Crime Rates?
1. The terror, fright, agony and anger experienced by mammals being murdered in slaughterhouses is manifested in higher secretions of adrenaline into their blood stream and muscle cells. This adrenaline, the links of whose molecule chains are only somewhat broken up by cooking, remain in the animals' flesh and continue to act as anger, terror and fright in the humans eating their flesh. At fast food outlets, many are consuming such flesh.
2. The vibrations of those handling, cooking, and serving food also enter the food. Fast food employees in the US have not been allowed to unionize. For the most part they receive minimum wage with no pension, no health insurance, no other benefits. Their working conditions create anger.
3. Besides animal flesh, artificial colors and preservatives have negative effects on behavior. "Artificial colors and preservatives added to food can influence how a child behaves, according to a 2009 article published in the "European Journal of Clinical Nutrition." Foods that contain large amounts of saturated fats, trans fats or sodium can also play a role."
4. In their attempt to market to as many people as possible, fast food outlets are often built in poor neighborhoods in which the rate of violent crime is higher. Eric Schlosser writes in Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the American Meal: "the vast majority of restaurant robberies occur in fast food restaurants because they are open late, staffed by teenagers, full of cash and convennient."
5. Those who live in poorer neighborhoods have less access to full service grocery stores, to fresh fruits and vegetables, not only because these stores avoid the crime, and because the poor have fewer transportation options.
6. Drive through queues lead to impatience, and in some cases to actions such as throwing the food back at the clerk.
7. Fast food outlets are more easily accessible for desperate people resorting to theft.
8. Fast food drive through queues are not conducive to personal service. Customers are upset when exceptions can't be made.
The Bureau Of Labor Statistics estimates that the rate of assaults at limited-service restaurants is more than twice as high as at full-service restaurants
9. The assembly line character of food food outlets ieads to less personal contact with the customer, more objectification. Those who sense they are being objectified are more likely to have an angry response.
From the Huffington Post:
Melodi Dushane... demanded nuggets instead of hashbrowns. When she was met with a "no," Dushane used her fists instead of her words, punched the McDonald's drive-thru employee and ended up in court with a vandalism charge.
Examples Of Violence:
From the online edition of Slate:
"In January, Toledo, Ohio, resident Melodi Dushane punched out a McDonald's drive-through window when she was told they didn't sell Chicken McNuggets in the morning. Another woman recently drove through a crowd of people in a McDonald's parking lot, injuring four. In 2008, a Los Angeles man punched a 16-year-old girl in the face at a McDonald's after she complained about him cutting the line. A Wendy's customer reportedly assaulted a female clerk at a drive-through window in 2007 after she didn't tell him to "have a nice day." The list goes on. Spike Jonze even made a fast-food beating the centerpiece of his music video for Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs" "
From the online edition of Livestrong:
"Artificial colors and preservatives added to food can influence how a child behaves, according to a 2009 article published in the "European Journal of Clinical Nutrition." Foods that contain large amounts of saturated fats, trans fats or sodium can also play a role."
Below are links to a few of many thousands of articles on the correlation between fast food outlets and crime, or the correlation between meat and anger.
Obesity too is correlated to fast food eating.
Isocaloric studies indicate the average vegan weighs 23 lbs. less than nonvegetarians.
10 bizarre fast food crimes
Deadly night shift at fast food outlets
Effects of junk food on children's behavior
Eric Schlosser author of Fast Food Nation
Report this post as:
Change Links September 2018 posted
More Scandals Rock Southern California Nuke Plant San Onofre
Site Outage Friday
Change Links August 2018
Setback for Developer of SC Farm Land
More problems at Shutdown San Onofre Nuke
Change Links 2018 July posted
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings)
Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
More Local News...
Against the Rent Madness and For a Nonprofit Orientation!
Cybermonde, cyberguerre, cyberespace, cyberterrorisme
Paraphysique de psychosomatique
Chuck Grassley: Women Abusing, Animal Murdering, Illegal War Supporting Criminal
Finance Capitalism and the Digital Economy
Muselières syndicales, muselières patronales
Jeff Bezos, Amazon, The Washington Post, Whole Foods, Etc
Why Choose Nut Milk Over Cows' Milk
Antrhopocène, le grand effondrement
The Dictatorship of Corporations
18 Lethal Consequences Of Hunting
Paraphysique de l'outplacement déontologue
Shopping du bashing
After Lehman Brothers, Experts Say Global Financial Crisis Can Happen Again
“Animaniacs in Concert!” Starring Voice Legend Rob Paulsen
Probabilités de fin d'humanité
Florida Area of Migrant Farmworkers Denied Right to Construct Health Clinic near NaplesCIW
Steer clear of work morality!
The Shortwave Report 09/07/18 Listen Globally!
August 2018 Honduras Coup update
Brett Kavanaugh Filled The 5th Circuit With Execution Judges
Augusta Georgia Woman Gets 5 Year Prison Sentence for Writing About Russians Crime Acts
Paraphysique de contextualité
Crisis Regulation in Global Capitalism
Ex-voto de réification
Please Oppose Warmonger, Execution and Torture Supporting Bush Operative Brett Kavanaugh
Paraphysique d'exploitation occultation
More Breaking News...