- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by Human Rights Alert, NGO
Friday, Feb. 11, 2011 at 2:10 PM
Given the abundance of official, expert, and media reports of large-scale false imprisonments, widespread corruption of the courts, and unprecedented fraudulent dispossession of homeowners throughout the United States, the testimony by the Acting Inspector General must be deemed false and deliberately misleading.
Los Angeles, February 10 - on February 9, 2010 Acting Inspector General Cynthia Schendar, US Department of Justice, provided a statement before the US House of Representatives Committee on Appropriations, concerning oversight of the department of justice. [[i]] Upon review of the statement and the true facts in the matter, the statement must be deemed false and deliberately misleading.
The statement lists "challenges" of the US Department of Justice, similar to those that have been listed in previous years, including:
* Restoring Confidence in the Department of Justice
* Civil Rights and Civil Liberties
* Violent and Organized Crime
* Financial Crimes and Cyber Crimes
The statement, as delivered, would lead a reasonable person to conclude that the US Department of Justice, in general, and the Office of Inspector General, in particular, are honestly addressing such "challenges".
The true facts in these matters indicate the opposite:
* In February 2009 Senator Patrick Leahy, Chair of the US Senate Committee on the Judiciary [[ii]] publicly called for the establishment of a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" on the US Department of Justice. Such commissions have been established by other nations upon emergence from various types of tyrannies.
* In July 2010 Prof Laurence Tribe, in his capacity as Senior Counsel, Access to Justice Initiative, called upon the Chief Justices of the several states to stop deterioration of the state courts in the US, to a level comparable to that of third world nations. [[iii]]
* In summer 2010 the United Nations Human Rights Council issued an official report referring to "corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California". [[iv]] The report was based on official, expert, and media reports of large-scale false imprisonments in Los Angeles County California, and conduct, which should be deemed as racketeering, by the Judges of the Los Angeles Superior Court in collusion with financial institutions and large law firms in real estate matters. The evidence included Inquiries by US Congress - Senator Dianne Feinstein and Congresswoman Diane Watson - on the US Department of Justice, relative to their refusal to investigate evidence of racketeering by judges of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles. The evidence also included consequent Inquiry by Senator Diane Feinstein on then US DOJ Inspector General Glenn Fine, regarding alleged fraud in responses by FBI Assistant Director Kenneth Kaiser to US Congress in the matter. The Office of the Inspector General refuses to investigate the complaint against Kaiser to this date.
* Since the early 2000s, FBI reports warned about an "epidemic" of real estate and mortgage fraud. Los Angeles County was distinguished as the "epicenter of the epidemic". By 2008, the "epidemic" evolved into the ongoing financial crisis. As part of the crisis, fraud by financial institutions in courts throughout the United States has been reported. Regardless, US Department of Justice continues to report to the US Congress that the ongoing crisis was only the outcome of "changing market conditions", and that no criminality was found in investigation of sub-prime lenders.
Conditions in the justice system in the United States amount to generalized integrity crisis. As was the case during the Great Depression, it is unlikely that socio-economic development and civic society conditions in the United States will improve, unless integrity of the justice system is restored.
[i] 11-02-09 Statement of Cynthia a. Schnedar, Acting Inspector General, US Department of Justice, Before the US House Committee on Appropriations
[ii] 09-02-09 Transcript of Senator Leahy speech, calling for a Truth and Reconciliation Commission in re US Justice Department
[iii] 10-07-26 Prof Laurence Tribe's Keynote Remarks at the Annual Conference of Chief Justices calling upon the Chief Justices to initiate actions to restore the integrity of the state courts:
[iv] 10-04-19 Human Rights Alert (NG0) submission to the United Nations Human Rights Council for the 2010 Review (UPR) of Human Rights in the United States as incorporated into the UPR staff report, referring to "corruption of the courts and the legal profession":
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?
* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
WHAT DID THE UNITED NATIONS HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL STAFF REPORT SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?
* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
Report this post as:
Why Should California Choose De Leon Over Feinstein?
Change Links September 2018 posted
More Scandals Rock Southern California Nuke Plant San Onofre
Site Outage Friday
Change Links August 2018
Setback for Developer of SC Farm Land
More problems at Shutdown San Onofre Nuke
Change Links 2018 July posted
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings)
Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
More Local News...
Stress, réaction organique à l'agression
Elder Aliyah to Israel, Like Abraham and Sarah
Paraphysique du microcosme macrocosme
September 2018 Honduras coup update
The Nation Unites Against Brian Kemp, Most Racist Secretary of State in US
The Nation Unites Against Brian Kemp, Most Racist Secretary of State in US
Paraphysique de l'ubérisation
22 Ways Trump Has Increased US Deficit By 4 to 5 Trillion Dollars
Debunking Some Anti-Prop 10 Propaganda
Plus d'hôpitaux, à bas les aéros
When Banana Ruled (documentary)
Outstanding Report By RAMOLA D &Dr.Tomo Shibata
Dark Clouds Gather on Horizon for Financial System, Warns International Monetary Fund
Fbi pure evil & immorality
Reality Check: Palestinian-Israeli Coexistence is a Big Lie
Voiceless Animals: 2018 Candidates They Oppose
IMF Lowers Global Growth Projections and Raises Concerns of Financial Crisis
Canitie, l'inhumanité vieillit
L'anarchie en quelques exemples
100 Ways GOP Have Stolen Elections Since 1876
Proximospective de l'univocité réifiée
Trump & Palestine vs. Genesis, Rashi & The Land of Israel
The Criminality of the Elites
Business de l'inhumanitaire
Marriage Rape/Date Rape Highest Rapes
More Breaking News...