- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by Emil Kuzmanov
Sunday, Apr. 01, 2007 at 4:08 AM
firstname.lastname@example.org 18 Yanko Sofiiski Voivoda Str, 1164 Sofia, Bulgaria
Bulgaria: In the Animal Protection Bills discussed in the Parliament the main animal welfare problem - the exstreme instability of cat and dog populations - remains unsolved.
Please help our effort for improvement of the Animal Protection Bill discussed in BG Parliament.
Please re-send sample letter below with a personal statement to:
Mr Georgi Pirinski
Chairman of the National Assembly
Mr Vassil Kalinov
Chairman of the Agriculture and Forestry Parliamentary Committee
Concerning: Effective Animal Protection Act
Please note that we fully endorse the letter below.
.........................................(name, city, country)
On 10 November 2006 we informed the Chairman of the Parlaimentary Comission of Agriculture, that the Bill for the Proterction of Animals presented by Vania Tsvetkova MP does not insure the hummane cat and dog population control. At the same time the bill prohibits killing of pet animals as a measure for reducing population number.
On 10 January 2007 the European Parlaimentary Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals sent letters to the Bulgarian institutions engaged in the process of approval of such Act, in which the need of garanties for successful "no-kill control", was stressed.
Despite of all these efforts, on 14 February 2007 a second bill was introduced by Evdokia Maneva MP, in which the needed measure were not provided again.
In both bills the main problem in this area - the exstreme instability of the populations - remains unsolved. The following objectives remain neglected:
- reduction of the unplanned breeding;
- restriction of the trade of animals;
- restriction of the irresponsible aquiring and possesion of animals;
- restriction of the movement of lost and unwanted animals.
On 15 March 2007 the both bills passed the first vote. According to the procedure of legislation, these must be united in a joint bill, before the second vote.
This procedure also gives serious chances for improvement and corrections of the complete text before the second vote, by written proposals from the MPs, followed by report by the Commission.
We insist and beg you to use all these possibilities and to propose additional texts which will ensure the solvation of the above listed objectives. These additions must clearly determin the measures, terms and responsibilities. The sample texts below may be used:
(1) "a dog owner must present the animal's passport for inspection, including whenever he is going out with the animal, or transporting it"
(2) "when a dog changes it's onwer, the former owner or the dealer must inform the RVMS and give data of the new owner"
(3) "an owner, who have lost his dog must inform immediately (untill the next working day) the Regional Veterinary Service/RVS"
(4) "the manager of a shelter, or any person who have saved a lost dog must immediately seek for the owner by data from the mark; if it is impossible, he must inform the RVS until the next working day"
(5) "for every female dog, not surgically sterilized until the age of 8 months, the owner must pay tax of 1,000 lv per year"
(6) "the manager of a shelter must inform the Mayor for every planned collection, or re-introduction of stray animals, including date, district, number; for every case of transportation of such animals, the manager of a shelter must provide a transport document, including the same data"
(7) "every month the manager of a shelter presents to the Mayor report for the present, in-coming and out-coming animals"
(8) "the SPCAs, taking care of the stray animals in the districts, must present to the Mayor a monthly report for the number and the identity of the supported animals"
(9) "the Mayors present monthly reports to the RVS for the registry control over animals in the shelters and districts"
(10) "RVS collects the registry data, given by the owners, dealers, veterinarians and Mayors; keeps a double registry of the dogs on paper; data for the in-scripted and out-scripted dogs must be permanently
(11) "the paper registry in every RVS must be public accessable; every interested person must be able to obtain a payable copy of the wanted data of the paper and electronic registers of RVS or National Veterinary Service/NVS"
(12) "NVS inspects the passports of the dogs; controlls the supply and demand of cats and dogs, including by permanent cheking of the published advertisments; inspects the documents for registration of the dealers, municipalities, shelters and SPCAs, taking care of the stray animals; inspects the shelters and survey the stray animals; presents anual reports; instructs the Mayors"
(13) "NVS and Ministry of Interior commonly control the collection and transportation of cats and dogs"
(14) "a person who trades cats, but is not registered as a dealer must pay a fine of 500 lv; a person who trades dogs, but is not registered as a dealer, or has not payed a tax for non sterilized female dog, must pay a fine of 1,000-2,000 lv"
(15) "the sanctions determined in this Act must also apply to the violations of the registry regime, postulated in the Pragraf 174 of the Veterinary Act"
(16) "paragraf 429 of the Veterinary Act (fines for the violations of the Par. 174) must be removed"
We would like to thank you in advance.
Report this post as:
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
After Being Told He's 'Full of Sh*t' at School Event, Mnuchin Demands UCLA Suppress Video
Resolution of the Rent Strike in Boyle Heights
What Big Brother Knows About You and What You Can Do About It
Step Up As LAPD Chief Charlie Beck Steps Down
Our House Grief Support Center Hosts 9th Annual Run For Hope, April 29
Don’t let this LA County Probation Department overhaul proposal sit on the shelf
Echo Park Residents Sue LA Over Controversial Development
Former Signal Hill police officer pleads guilty in road-rage incident in Irvine
Calif. Police Accused of 'Collusion' With Neo-Nazis After Release of Court Documents
Center for the Study of Political Graphics exhibit on Police Abuse posters
City Agrees to Settle Lawsuit Claiming Pasadena Police Officer Had His Sister Falsely Arre
Professor's Study Highlights Health Risks of Urban Oil Drilling
Claims paid involving Pasadena Police Department 2014 to present
Pasadenans - get your license plate reader records from police
LA Times Homicide Report
More Local News...
Shadowgun Legends Hack and Cheats
What does the Quran Say About Islamic Dress??
Biodiversité ou la nature privatisée
The Market is a Universal Totalitarian Religion
Book Available about Hispanics and US Civil War by National Park Service
The Shortwave Report 04/20/18 Listen Globally!
The Republican 'Prolife' Party Is the Party of War, Execution, and Bear Cub Murder
Paraphysique de la dictature étatique
Book Review: "The New Bonapartists"
The West Must Take the First Steps to Russia
Théorie générale de la révolution ou hommage à feu Mikhaïl Bakounine
The Shortwave Report 04/13/18 Listen Globally!
“Lost in a Dream” Singing Competition Winner to Be Chosen on April 15 for ,000 Prize!
The World Dependent on Central Banks
Ohio Governor Race: Dennis Kucinich & Richard Cordray Run Against Mike DeWine
March 2018 Honduras Coup Again Update
Apologie du zadisme insurrectionnel
ICE contract with license plate reader company
Black Portraiture(S) IV: The Color of Silence...Cuba No...Cambridge Yes
Prohibiting Micro-Second Betting on the Exchanges
Prosecutors treat Muslims harsher than non-Muslims for the same crimes
Amy Goodman interview on cell phone safety
Mesa, Arizona police officer kills unarmed white man
Israeli leaders should be prosecuted for war crimes
Paraphysique de l'autorité
More Breaking News...