- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by repsol mata
Friday, Feb. 02, 2007 at 10:35 AM
15 points to break with oil addiction
WELCOME ENERGY CRISIS
1. Human addction to energy consumption has spiralled to an unsustainable
level in which oil is the hard drug of the global capitalist economy.
2. That this consumption is causing irreparable damage to the biosphere
and is pushing the planet into a climate collapse which condemns many
forms of life to extinction, among them probably the human species.
3. That the production and commercialization of fossil fuels worsens
social inequalities, supports dictatorial regimes and sparks off armed
conflicts around the world.
4. That oil is principally used to ensure the incessant flow of goods
worldwide, flowing the veins of capitalism.
5. That the oil corporations are anonymous financial conglomerates, legal
shields of speculators who act with impunity and as such allow those
responsible to evade legal process for demonstrable crimes against
6. That the profits of these companies grow in proportion to how they can
increase oil addiction (in humanity), using dubious strategies like
blanket advertising, greenwash (promoting a false green image), and
We are decided:
7. To erradicate all kind of advertising (explicit or subliminal) of corporations that make profits generating climate change (oil companies, automotive, electric, petrochemical, airlines…).
8. To initiate legal actions Presidents and Board Memebers of the Oil
Corporations. The repeated mortal accidents, oil spills, violations to
human rights, invasion of native lands, are demonstrable crimes which must
be judged to prevent their repetition.
9. To investigate the responsability of the Petrochemical Industry for the
impacts on health caused by all their carcenogenic byproducts. To make
these companies finance the health costs of the sick, as well as the
management of toxic and plastic waste products.
10. The strengthen ties of solidarity with local victims of the oil
companies´ activities, publicizing the claims that are silenced by the
mass media sold out to corporate interests.
11. To set out on the pathhs towards individual and collective energy
autonomy, adoptingg and practisingg energy saving in everyday life and
startingg up community projects that produce solar and wind power on a
12. To fight for good ad accessible public transport, closing the
airports, paralysing the construction of new roads and motorways,
reclaiming the city streets for the exclusive use of pedestrians, trams
13. To push for a worldwide moratorium on car manufacture and the drilling
of new oil wells. It will be necessary to scrap the millions of cars and
lorries on thhe planet to bring a half to the extraction industry and
re-use the metal to construct trains, sailing shhips and bicycles.
14. To stop world trade, modifying radically our way of life and consumption.
15. To promote and accelerate a transition in energy use towards a post
oil way of life, accompanied with the necessary economic contraction to
get the human species back within thhe physical and ecologgical limits of
Shell kills, BP kills, Exxon kills
Report this post as:
Change Links September 2018 posted
More Scandals Rock Southern California Nuke Plant San Onofre
Site Outage Friday
Change Links August 2018
Setback for Developer of SC Farm Land
More problems at Shutdown San Onofre Nuke
Change Links 2018 July posted
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings)
Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
More Local News...
Antrhopocène, le grand effondrement
Creative Destruction Hack Diamonds Windows/iOS/Android - Creative Destruction Generator
The Dictatorship of Corporations
18 Lethal Consequences Of Hunting
Paraphysique de l'outplacement déontologue
Creative Destruction Hack Mod Generator
Shopping du bashing
After Lehman Brothers, Experts Say Global Financial Crisis Can Happen Again
“Animaniacs in Concert!” Starring Voice Legend Rob Paulsen
Probabilités de fin d'humanité
Florida Area of Migrant Farmworkers Denied Right to Construct Health Clinic near NaplesCIW
Propagande de virus, virus de propagande
Steer clear of work morality!
Sweatshop Lodge Ceremony Continues in US Fed Prisons Led by Inmates
Paraphysique de l'origami
The Shortwave Report 09/07/18 Listen Globally!
August 2018 Honduras Coup update
Du réussissement putréfié
Brett Kavanaugh Filled The 5th Circuit With Execution Judges
Augusta Georgia Woman Gets 5 Year Prison Sentence for Writing About Russians Crime Acts
Paraphysique de contextualité
Crisis Regulation in Global Capitalism
Ex-voto de réification
Please Oppose Warmonger, Execution and Torture Supporting Bush Operative Brett Kavanaugh
Paraphysique d'exploitation occultation
Ryan Zinke Is Charging Taxpayers For A Trophy Hunters' Council
More Breaking News...