- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by Lieselotte Wohlgenannt
Sunday, Apr. 17, 2005 at 9:56 PM
A basic income could heal our fragmented society caught in work fanaticism and work fetishism.. A basic income could change social attitudes and goals and give real meaning to the human rights to life and participation.
10 REASONS WHY BASIC INCOME IS NECESSARY TODAY
by Lieselotte Wohlgenannt, Vienna
[These reasons published 10/21/2002 are translated from the German on the World Wide Web, http://ksge.at/grundeinkommen/mitte-ge-materialien.htm.]
1. To cushion the uncertainties and insecurities of flexible paid labor through a guaranteed minimum income and thus reduce the danger of poverty;
2. To set the one-sided life insurance through paid labor and social benefits tied to paid labor on a broader foundation;
3. To distribute work more justly: Distribution of income so that all necessary work can be performed that is economically and socially meaningful in a way corresponding to human dignity;
4. To promote equal opportunities for women and men;
5. So unpaid work does not become a poverty case;
6. To strengthen personal responsibility: To be able to assume responsibility and decide how I organize my life, when I assume what tasks to facilitate relational-, community- and political work according to my decision;
7. For a more just distribution of income: The productivity of our society depends essentially
- on the goods of the earth that belong to all persons,
- on unpaid work mainly performed by women,
- on the collected knowledge of earlier generations and on current developments of science and technology.
These services cannot be expected from paid labor alone. It is time for everyone to participate to a certain extent.
8. To really make possible the human right to life;
9. To advance sustainable economies and careful relations with natural resources;
10. To change social attitudes and goals, quality instead of quantity, good life as a goal.
(More articles in English are available at www.basicincome.com
Report this post as:
Change Links September 2018 posted
More Scandals Rock Southern California Nuke Plant San Onofre
Site Outage Friday
Change Links August 2018
Setback for Developer of SC Farm Land
More problems at Shutdown San Onofre Nuke
Change Links 2018 July posted
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings)
Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
More Local News...
Paraphysique de psychosomatique
Chuck Grassley: Women Abusing, Animal Murdering, Illegal War Supporting Criminal
Finance Capitalism and the Digital Economy
Muselières syndicales, muselières patronales
Jeff Bezos, Amazon, The Washington Post, Whole Foods, Etc
Why Choose Nut Milk Over Cows' Milk
Antrhopocène, le grand effondrement
The Dictatorship of Corporations
18 Lethal Consequences Of Hunting
Paraphysique de l'outplacement déontologue
Shopping du bashing
After Lehman Brothers, Experts Say Global Financial Crisis Can Happen Again
“Animaniacs in Concert!” Starring Voice Legend Rob Paulsen
Probabilités de fin d'humanité
Florida Area of Migrant Farmworkers Denied Right to Construct Health Clinic near NaplesCIW
Steer clear of work morality!
The Shortwave Report 09/07/18 Listen Globally!
August 2018 Honduras Coup update
Brett Kavanaugh Filled The 5th Circuit With Execution Judges
Augusta Georgia Woman Gets 5 Year Prison Sentence for Writing About Russians Crime Acts
Paraphysique de contextualité
Crisis Regulation in Global Capitalism
Ex-voto de réification
Please Oppose Warmonger, Execution and Torture Supporting Bush Operative Brett Kavanaugh
Paraphysique d'exploitation occultation
Ryan Zinke Is Charging Taxpayers For A Trophy Hunters' Council
Is the Financial Crash 2.0 Coming?
More Breaking News...