- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by Lee Siu Hin
Friday, Apr. 11, 2003 at 10:40 AM
**US Occupied Iraq**
Is This What Our Future?
Think Locally, Act Globally!
No Blood for Oil! No Colonization of Iraq
No Immigrant Bashing! Health Care Not Warfare!
Books Not Bombs! Schools Not Tanks!
For Latest Information, Please check URL: http://www.PeaceNoWar.net
**US-UK has Occupied Iraq, We need to pause and think about what's next for the peace movement**
We must also ask three important strategic questions: Who; What; How, Andrea from United for Peace and Social Justice raised some good questions we all need to think:
1. WHO do we want to work with and be in coalition with? What communities?
What individuals? What groups and organizations? What churches? What
2. WHAT do we want to work on? What issues engage the coalition's current members? What issues will motivate others? What will resonate with the general public? What issues are winnable in the near-term? What issues are winnable in the long-term?
3. HOW do we work on these issues? Rallies? Educational forums? Identifying candidates? Endorsing candidates? Registering voters? Doing sit-ins? Lobbying?
**Latest Iraq Body Count on estimated civilian casualties:
**Latest News from Iraq:
**4/10: Key Developments in Iraq
Latest developments in the Iraq crisis from Al-Jazeera
US troops come under fire in west Baghdad - US forces may be camped in the centre of the capital but Iraqi fighters continue to pose deadly threat
Anarchy amid the euphoria - Looting and lawlessness has filled the vacuum caused by the collapse of the Saddam Hussein government
Continuing fighting threatens to aggravate law and order crisis - New US administration will take some weeks but there appear to be no plans to fill the security vacuum that has thousands of Iraqis living in fear
ICRC suspends work in Baghdad - The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) temporarily suspended its operations in Baghdad on Wednesday after recovering the body of Canadian staff member Vatche Arslanian, who was killed after being caught in crossfire.
**Talking Points for the Iraq Regime's collapse**
From: Omar Jabara [email@example.com]
Date: April 9 2003
No one ever doubted we could take over Iraq, but was it the right thing to do for America? If Bush wants to once-and-for-all prove that his intention behind invading Iraq was to free the Iraqi people, he will turn over administration of that country to the United Nations, which is the only body in the world with the legal authority to do so. Anything short of this will prove that the conquest of Iraq was nothing less than a power and oil grab. Below are some talking points you may want to consider.
· No one ever doubted we would win the battle of Baghdad, but we've lost the war that matters most to our security and that is the war for the hearts and minds of the world's 1.2 billion Muslims.
· The Bush Administration's unnecessary and unprovoked conquest of Iraq has become the Arab and Muslim worlds' September 11th.
· In spite of the Bush Administration's claims, it was repeatedly shown that the Iraqi regime had nothing to do with Al-Qaeda or September 11th. Yet, the big winner as a result of the Bush Administration's conquest of Iraq is Osama Bin Laden, Al-Qaeda and the Islamic extremists.
· By taking over an Arab country that was clearly shown to pose no threat to the United States, the Bush Administration's conquest of Iraq has made us less safe, not more.
· How is it that a country that was supposed to be such a threat to the United States was conquered with such relative ease? What happened to the destruction of dams, bridges, oil fields, and unleashed chemical weapons the Bush Administration said we would see the Iraqi regime resort to?
· Was Iraq really a threat or was that just a ploy to deceive the public into supporting the Bush Administration's conquest of that country?
· Naturally, Iraqis are going to celebrate the toppling of the oppressive Iraqi regime. This doesn't mean they are going to like our occupation of their country.
· When Israel invaded Lebanon in 1982, the Lebanese threw rice and flowers on the Israelis, welcoming them as liberators from the domination of the PLO. We now know what later happened in Lebanon. Remember, there was no Hizbollah before Israel invaded Lebanon in 1982.
· The Administration is misguided to think post-war Iraq will be like post-war Japan or Germany. Gaza or Lebanon are the more appropriate and likely scenarios for this Middle Eastern country.
· The Bush Administration wants us to now believe we took over Iraq to free the Iraqi people. It is the only justification they have left since all the others (links to Al-Qaeda; nuclear weapons; missiles) have all been shown to be fabrications. [see http://www.prioritypeace.org/WarTruth-3.pdf].
· If the Bush Administration wants to prove that its intention behind invading Iraq was to liberate the Iraqi people, then we must immediately give the administration of Iraq to the United Nations, which is the only body that has the legal authority to do so.
· The best way to support our troops now is to bring them home to their families and turn the administration of Iraq over the United Nations.
*To Translate this page to Arabic, please visit ajeeb.com:
*To Translate this page to French, Spanish, German, Italian or Portuguese, please visit Systran:
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Peace, No War
War is not the answer, for only love can conquer hate
Not in our Name! And another world is possible!
Information for antiwar movements, news across the World, please visit:
Please Join PeaceNoWar Listserv, send e-mail to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
*PeaceNoWar is an activist project of ActionLA
Action for World Liberation Everyday!
Please join our ActionLA Listserv
go to: http://lists.riseup.net/www/subscribe/actionla
or send e-mail to: email@example.com
Report this post as:
LATEST COMMENTS ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
Listed below are the 10 latest comments of 6 posted about this article.
These comments are anonymously submitted by the website visitors.
||Saturday, Apr. 12, 2003 at 6:17 AM
|I agree, J
||Saturday, Apr. 12, 2003 at 6:46 AM
||Saturday, Apr. 12, 2003 at 6:53 AM
||Saturday, Apr. 12, 2003 at 6:59 AM
||Saturday, Apr. 12, 2003 at 6:59 AM
||Saturday, Apr. 12, 2003 at 7:00 AM
|Killed anybody lately...
||Saturday, Apr. 12, 2003 at 7:13 AM
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings)
Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
After Being Told He's 'Full of Sh*t' at School Event, Mnuchin Demands UCLA Suppress Video
More Local News...
3 Essential Videos
The System Question as a Survival Question
“Animaniacs in Concert!” Starring Voice Legend Rob Paulsen
Nation's Largest Voting Machine Co., ESS, Admits Lying Re Having Installed Remote Control
Du pain et des jeux
Fbi joins with Facebook to remove this report
Paraphysique de martyrologie
Asian Countries:Cambodia, Vietnam, N. Korea do not permit unlawful immigration
Children Incorporated Earns 4-Star Rating on Charity Navigator
Democratic Socialists of America
Leonard Peltier Non Violent Native American Political Prisoner since 1970's
Paraphysique miscellanées de l'aggiornamento
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Cleanup
FBI Investigated LA County Sheriff Baca,Why Not Hank Skinner's Persecution?
Updated Partial List Of Famous Vegetarians, Vegans, & Fruitarians
The Shortwave Report 07136/18 Listen Globally!
Social Policy as Social Infrastructure
Vol I: 84 Varieties Of GOP Election Fraud
Texas Can Call it An Execution,But It is A State Sponsored Murder of Hank Skinner..
June 2018 Honduras coup update
Maria Estrada doubles down on racist support
New York Women in Film & Television Announces 2018 NYWIFT Ha Phuong Scholarship Recipients
Trapps de la domination, trapps de l'aliénation
Please Work For The Defeat Of Brett Kavanaugh And Why
Change Links 2018 July posted
Transinhumanisme ( transe inhumanisme )
Google, World's Biggest Censor, Was Founded By The CIA
For a World Free of Nuclear Risks
More Breaking News...