Join your friends and neighbors to protest war in Iraq!
When: Each and Every Saturday - 1:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Where: On the corner of El Paso and Eagle Rock Blvd. (near Albertsons)
Hope to see you there.
The number of dissenting voices and the locations from which they can be heard is growing rapidly.
Some sound, cost-effective alternatives to war in Iraq:
· Threaten Saddam Hussein with indictment.
· Give Saddam an alternative for safe passage at the same time; this may create a crack in the ruling class-clan.
· Send a list of thirty his aides who are persona non grata and demand that they leave the country with him. This can convince the rest of the class-clan members that they are not threatened en masse--only those who were most responsible for the regime’s offenses.
· Encourage this class-clan to oust Saddam into exile.
· Offer a mini-Marshall plan provided that power is transferred to a civilian, interim government. The plan would be far less costly than the projected 0 billion for war and occupation. It would help rebuild the nation, and could help further split the ruling class-clan and encourage a meaningful change of hands at the top.
· Back these actions with a threat of force. A few warning shots may well be sufficient. This would help split the ruling group and get the people to take matters into their hands. This political pressure would hasten the process along.