((If anyone can go, comment here, because i'm thinking of driving up...))
This conference strives to be a part of a movement towards the elimination of male privilege, domination and sexism by creating dialogue, educating ourselves, and inspiring action.
What is patriarchy and how is it interlocked with white supremacy, colonialism, heterocentrism, classism, capitalism, ageism, ableism, anti-Semitism, speciesism, and all other forms of hierarchy?
What are the practices and results of male domination, privilege and sexism?
What does it mean to be a woman or man in patriarchal cultures? How do these roles limit us? If we could get out of these roles, what kind of folks would we like to be?
What does it mean to be intersex and/or trans/ and/or genderqueer in patriarchal cultures? What does it mean to be lesbian, bisexual, or gay in patriarchal cultures?
How do we go about answering these questions?
Through presentation, dialogue, and performance we hope to broach these questions with intellect and emotion, furthering an understanding of ourselves and the complexity and interconnectedness of oppressions.
- Then, through the weekend:
- Disability and Community
- Speaking Out About Sexism
- the Power of an Ally
- Women and the Prison Industrial Complex
- Looking at Privilege
- Sex Positivity for Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- the Radical Nature of Healing
- Class and Patriarchy
- Polyamorous Discussion
- Effortless Power
- Marriage Promotion
- Welfare Racism
- Imagine Revolution
- Cultural and Mental "Illness"
- The Sexual Politics of Animal Liberation
- Discussions on Multi-Ethnicity
- Rape Culture
- Domestic Violence 101
- Fertility Awareness
- Hands-on Media
- Trans 101
- Sexism in Communities of Color
- Herbs and Health Care
- Homophobia and Male Trust
- Intersex Activism
- Keys to Effective Facilitation
- Anti-Racism for White Folks
- Patriarchy in the Squatting Movement
- Patriarchy and Global Capitalism
- Domestic Violence and Immigration
- Self Defense for Women
- Demystifying Sexwork
- The State and the AIDS Myth
- Addressing Oppression
- and Clitoral Revelation!
i want a whole new recipe"