- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by Rich Zubaty
Sunday, Nov. 10, 2002 at 8:54 PM
Fast fact sheet about how corporations ruin our lives
TEN DISGUSTING THINGS ABOUT CORPORATIONS
(excerpted from the new book The Corporate Cult by Rich Zubaty)
1) CORPORATIONS ARE LEGALLY REGARDED AS PERSONS: they have all the privileges and none of the responsibilities of being people. They do not eat, sleep, die, feel anything, pay a fair share of taxes or get drafted in time of war.
2) CORPORATIONS COMMIT CRIMES BUT ARE NOT PROSECUTED AS CRIMINALS: according to the law, corporations do not possess a mens rea, a mental state, and therefore do not possess the intent to commit crime. Therefore they cannot be prosecuted as criminals. So, according to the law, corporations are "persons" devoid of a mental state. In other words, certified idiots. And instead of protecting society from them by institutionalizing them -- as we do with most sociopaths -- we let them own property, hire workers, and shout at us from TV.
3) CORPORATIONS ARE ON WELFARE: Corporate Welfare costs U.S. taxpayers 0 billion every single year. Welfare for human people costs billion.
4) CORPORATIONS COST THE U.S. ECONOMY MORE EVERY YEAR THAN THEY CONTRIBUTE TO IT: Corporations claim profits of .4 trillion per year but they cost us .6 trillion per year in waste, subsidies and pollution. The mom and pop economy subsidizes the corporate economy. The Stock Market would disappear overnight -- there would be no "profit" -- if corporations were required to pay their true costs of production: pollution, health care, education, infrastructure, taxes.
5) THERE WERE NO GIANT AMERICAN CORPORATIONS 150 YEARS AGO: Now they dominate our nation and have overrun the globe.
6) TEN LARGE CORPORATIONS CONTROL 90% OF AMERICAN MEDIA: TV, radio, publishing. How can we claim we have free speech, if we can't get to the mike to claim it.
7) A TYPICAL AMERICAN CHILD SEES 350,000 COMMERCIALS BY AGE 18
8) CORPORATE SOVEREIGNTY LIMITS THE CHOICES OF THE MARKET PLACE: We do not enjoy "Free Trade" or live in a "Free Market". We toil under Corporatism not Capitalism. Corporations squash competition -- not encourage it -- as the capitalist market would require. Corporations seek government handouts with one hand while they bribe politicians for lower taxes with the other. Corporate Socialism. An unholy alliance between business and government. When we allow giant corporations to refuse to pay their full costs of production we are legalizing the theft of our resources. Worse, we're not even being given a choice in the matter. New thinking, new ideas, new products cannot make it onto the retailers' shelves unless they are put there by corporations. Family farms and family businesses have gone the way of the buffalo. We've been brainwashed to think that if corporations don't market it, it must not be good. That's bad thinking.
9) CORPORATIONS HAVE NO SOUL: They are unable to "feel" anything. They have no conscience. They are incapable of connecting thoughts with actions. They are shoving Socialist-style, planned economies down our throats and calling it "Free Trade". They overwhelm media with the Religion of Profit and call it "Free Speech". They buy and sell our politicians and call it "Democracy". We do not live in a democracy with free speech and free trade. We live under Corporatism. Corporate Socialism. We live in a Corporate Cult.
10) CORPORATIONS ARE CULTS: They are secretive organizations dedicated to making money and gaining political power at any cost. They conceal their holdings and their operating procedures from public scrutiny. They brainwash their employees and their customers to gain compliance. They control our behavior, thoughts, information and emotions.
BEWARE THE CORPORATE CULT
Report this post as:
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
After Being Told He's 'Full of Sh*t' at School Event, Mnuchin Demands UCLA Suppress Video
Resolution of the Rent Strike in Boyle Heights
What Big Brother Knows About You and What You Can Do About It
Step Up As LAPD Chief Charlie Beck Steps Down
Our House Grief Support Center Hosts 9th Annual Run For Hope, April 29
Don’t let this LA County Probation Department overhaul proposal sit on the shelf
Echo Park Residents Sue LA Over Controversial Development
Former Signal Hill police officer pleads guilty in road-rage incident in Irvine
Calif. Police Accused of 'Collusion' With Neo-Nazis After Release of Court Documents
Center for the Study of Political Graphics exhibit on Police Abuse posters
City Agrees to Settle Lawsuit Claiming Pasadena Police Officer Had His Sister Falsely Arre
Professor's Study Highlights Health Risks of Urban Oil Drilling
Claims paid involving Pasadena Police Department 2014 to present
Pasadenans - get your license plate reader records from police
LA Times Homicide Report
More Local News...
Shadowgun Legends Hack and Cheats
What does the Quran Say About Islamic Dress??
Biodiversité ou la nature privatisée
The Market is a Universal Totalitarian Religion
Book Available about Hispanics and US Civil War by National Park Service
The Shortwave Report 04/20/18 Listen Globally!
The Republican 'Prolife' Party Is the Party of War, Execution, and Bear Cub Murder
Paraphysique de la dictature étatique
Book Review: "The New Bonapartists"
The West Must Take the First Steps to Russia
Théorie générale de la révolution ou hommage à feu Mikhaïl Bakounine
The Shortwave Report 04/13/18 Listen Globally!
“Lost in a Dream” Singing Competition Winner to Be Chosen on April 15 for ,000 Prize!
The World Dependent on Central Banks
Ohio Governor Race: Dennis Kucinich & Richard Cordray Run Against Mike DeWine
March 2018 Honduras Coup Again Update
Apologie du zadisme insurrectionnel
ICE contract with license plate reader company
Black Portraiture(S) IV: The Color of Silence...Cuba No...Cambridge Yes
Prohibiting Micro-Second Betting on the Exchanges
Prosecutors treat Muslims harsher than non-Muslims for the same crimes
Amy Goodman interview on cell phone safety
Mesa, Arizona police officer kills unarmed white man
Israeli leaders should be prosecuted for war crimes
Paraphysique de l'autorité
More Breaking News...