- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2002 at 8:12 AM
Elections are another forum of political struggle and to participate, it is always wise to have a litmus test list for deciding on the candidates who should receive your vote. It is the program that must prevail in your decision. The primary issue is war and peace, or in other words, guns or butter, for we cannot have both.
Elections are another forum of political struggle and to participate, it is always wise to have a litmus test list for deciding on the candidates who should receive your vote. It is the program that must prevail in your decision. The primary issue is war or peace, or in other words, guns or butter, for we cannot have both.
There are a lot of "liberals" claming to be for civil liberties and social services but support bombing Afghanistan. Since paying for war makes it impossible to pay for social services, these hypocrites do not deserve our vote and in fact are an insult to our intelligence. The following is a very basic criteria for judging candidates' suitability for our vote:
1. Oppose bombing Afghanistan.
2. Oppose funding Israel: The United States gives billion above the table and billion below the table to Israel annually to guarantee protection of the oil companies' profits in the Middle East from any progressive struggle such as nationalizing the oil companies and redistributing the wealth to the workingclass who create all wealth and who have the greatest need. That is the reason the United States has made Israel a junior partner of US imperialism.
3. Oppose the death penalty concretely by voting against it. This especially applies to federal and state legislators and to governors, who make the decision on the existence and the implementation of the death penalty.
4. Oppose construction of prisons. This also especially applies to federal and state legislators and to governors. Just as we cannot have guns and butter on the federal level, so too we cannot have prisons and schools on the local level. The concentration camps, also known as the prison-industrial complex, has grown while school funding has been cut.
5. Oppose stadium swindles and Olympic Game sites in the USA. The Olympic Games is the latest version of the palm-greasing corporate welfare construction projects, heavily subsidized with our tax dollars, known as stadium swindles. The Summer Olympics should be permanently in Athens, Greece and the Winter Olympics should be permanently in Norway. Very often "liberal" Democrats will be good on other issues, but are big supporters of stadium swindles. Thus, they do not have our interests at heart at all; they have corporate welfare as their priority. These stadium swindles are often passed with election fraud, as occurred in San Francisco in 1997. See http://www.brasscheck.com/stadium
Feel free to add your own criteria for judging candidates. It is long overdue that everyone vote their hopes, not their fears. The world is horrified at such "liberals" as Democratic former Pres. Clinton who bombed Yugoslavia so the US military could build a base to enable big business to mine the minerals including oil in that area. Greece had huge demonstrations against the war in their neighboring country, with signs portraying Clinton as another Hitler. The US is doing exactly the same thing in Afghanistan so Unocal can build its oil pipeline. See: http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/world/2002/0209/448097021FR09KARZAI.html
If a candidate's literature does not state their positions on the above issues, call their office and ask for their position on the above litmus test. If they do not meet ALL the criteria on this litmus test, do not vote for them. That is the ONLY way our message of putting butter before guns will be received. If you do not find a suitable candidate for a given position, skip that position. It is always worthwhile to vote on the propositions, so please do that. The "lesser" evil is profoundly evil and the world cannot afford these horrors anymore. In fact, it never could afford any evil. Vote positively, and vote in every election.
Report this post as:
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
After Being Told He's 'Full of Sh*t' at School Event, Mnuchin Demands UCLA Suppress Video
Resolution of the Rent Strike in Boyle Heights
What Big Brother Knows About You and What You Can Do About It
Step Up As LAPD Chief Charlie Beck Steps Down
Our House Grief Support Center Hosts 9th Annual Run For Hope, April 29
Don’t let this LA County Probation Department overhaul proposal sit on the shelf
Echo Park Residents Sue LA Over Controversial Development
Former Signal Hill police officer pleads guilty in road-rage incident in Irvine
Calif. Police Accused of 'Collusion' With Neo-Nazis After Release of Court Documents
Center for the Study of Political Graphics exhibit on Police Abuse posters
City Agrees to Settle Lawsuit Claiming Pasadena Police Officer Had His Sister Falsely Arre
Professor's Study Highlights Health Risks of Urban Oil Drilling
Claims paid involving Pasadena Police Department 2014 to present
Pasadenans - get your license plate reader records from police
LA Times Homicide Report
More Local News...
What does the Quran Say About Islamic Dress??
Biodiversité ou la nature privatisée
The Market is a Universal Totalitarian Religion
Book Available about Hispanics and US Civil War by National Park Service
The Shortwave Report 04/20/18 Listen Globally!
The Republican 'Prolife' Party Is the Party of War, Execution, and Bear Cub Murder
Paraphysique de la dictature étatique
Book Review: "The New Bonapartists"
The West Must Take the First Steps to Russia
Théorie générale de la révolution ou hommage à feu Mikhaïl Bakounine
The Shortwave Report 04/13/18 Listen Globally!
“Lost in a Dream” Singing Competition Winner to Be Chosen on April 15 for ,000 Prize!
The World Dependent on Central Banks
Ohio Governor Race: Dennis Kucinich & Richard Cordray Run Against Mike DeWine
March 2018 Honduras Coup Again Update
Apologie du zadisme insurrectionnel
ICE contract with license plate reader company
Black Portraiture(S) IV: The Color of Silence...Cuba No...Cambridge Yes
Prohibiting Micro-Second Betting on the Exchanges
Prosecutors treat Muslims harsher than non-Muslims for the same crimes
Amy Goodman interview on cell phone safety
Mesa, Arizona police officer kills unarmed white man
Israeli leaders should be prosecuted for war crimes
Paraphysique de l'autorité
Two Podcasts on fbi corruption
Fbi assassins assault & try to kill DAVID ATKINS
More Breaking News...