- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
Thursday, Jan. 31, 2002 at 1:53 PM
errorhello .. this is the founder of raisethefist.com .. I just want to confirm a few things for those individuals/media who are still unsure about what was going on, what led up to the raid, and where the site will go from here ..
- raisethefist.com has been under extensive monitering by the federal government (U.S Department of Defense, FBI, SS, NSA.etc..), along with foreign governments (UK, Astralia, Lavtia, Egypt, Belgium, Canada, Finland) .. raisethefist.com came under extensive profiling on a daily basis. However, a week and a half before the raid, all profiling by government agencies (including foriegn) on the site seized completly. For about a week and half there wasn't a SINGLE government agency on raisethefist.com. Not a single hit. This was obviously very odd, and thus it imediatly said something was soon to happen. But it said a little bit more. Alot of the foreign govenrment connections, such as the ones from the UK (who were two city governments) routed straight back to the NSA. The FBI does not work internationaly like this (unless they're smuggling drugs).. However the NSA/SS/CIA does. ALL govenrment connections to the site stopped COMPLETLY a week and a half before the raid. This included all foerign government connections. Since when does the FBI connect through foerign government gateways like in the UK, Finland, Lavtia, etc.? They don't. But the SS/CIA does. This is why the secret service participated in the raid. The FBI didn't initiate the actual warent. Someone above them did. Who's conducting this investigation? Surly not just the FBI.
- there is good news about the web site. we have found 3-month-old backups that are on a remote server. This means we will be able to restore the structure of the site, not necessarly all of the articles, but the graphics, CGI code .. etc. However, due to lack of payments to the remote host were RTF was backed up, we will have to pay $300.00 to obtain our files. We are extremly scarse on funds at this point. If ANYONE can help donate money, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .. We would like to get the site back up and functional within the next week.
- as of now I don't know what charges will be brought against me. based on what i've been told, i'm assuming they will be pretty heavy. I wish not to discuss specifics online due to security.
- the FBI told me that they raided because of the content on the web site. Apparently, they were 'concerned' about the information displayed the web site (which came from the 'reclaim guide'). A small portion of this guide delt with explosives. The majority of the guid delt with protest tactics (security culture ..etc.) We did not write this guide. Neither did anyone we know. It was simply copied and pasted onto the site a while ago. If you do a search, you should be able to find the same exact guide on other web sites. Yet how come they only raided raisethefist? How come they only targeted raisethefist? Because the raid had nothing to do with that content. It was used as an excuse. They raided raisethefist because it was becomming progressive. It was an effective tool utilized by the activist/anarchist community. And that was dangerous to them. They've been monitering the site BEYOND extensivly long before we had even copied & pasted the 'reclaim guide' onto the site. So they obviously wern't concerned with the guide, but instead with the political views raisethefist advocated.
- the raid consisted of FBI, Secret Service, LAPD and LASD. They sorounded the house with guns before raiding it. They had machine guns, shot guns, and hand guns. They also had a door bammer ready to break down the door, they also blocked off the garage door, and had bullet proof vests. They obviously came prepared to shoot and kill. They had more artillary then they use for raiding gang felons and drug operations.
- raisethefist.com is back online, although as a temp. bulliten to explain what's happening. The site it's self is not yet up and running. However, government agencies have resumed monitering the site. They are continuesly watching it.
- if you want to contact the webmaster/founder, please email email@example.com .. if you want to contact the temp sysop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Report this post as:
LATEST COMMENTS ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
Listed below are the 10 latest comments of 7 posted about this article.
These comments are anonymously submitted by the website visitors.
|CIA Pubs. Contain Same Stuff All Over Web
||CIA Terror Victim #9346245
||Thursday, Jan. 31, 2002 at 2:45 PM
|Corporate Media Blackout On RTF Lifted
||Friday, Feb. 01, 2002 at 1:57 PM
|Suck it down
||Friday, Feb. 01, 2002 at 9:58 PM
|Keep Raising the Fist
||Saturday, Feb. 02, 2002 at 12:17 PM
||Saturday, Feb. 02, 2002 at 5:03 PM
|What do you expect....
||Saturday, Feb. 02, 2002 at 11:36 PM
||Sunday, Feb. 03, 2002 at 1:53 PM