To: All Hemp Activists and Interested Parties,
PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL LISTS: DEA is banning hemp foods and oils by virtue of a technical ban on non-psychoactive miniscule trace amounts of naturally occurring THC - down to 0.0001% - 2 WEEKS UNTIL 12/10 DEADLINE FOR COMMENTS TO DEA on hemp regs.
These regs are killing the hemp industry.....PLEASE HELP!!!
PLEASE VISIT www.votehemp.com TO PUSH BUTTON FAX FROM THE WEB TO DEA -
*If you have not yet faxed both DEA and your Congresspeople from the Votehemp.com website - PLEASE DO SO NOW!!! There's a pre-written letter that can be modified and faxed instantly with the push of a button!
Please push button fax DEA from votehemp.com - today ! Go to:
who can should collect comments from those who can't access Votehemp.com -
We have 2 weeks until the Dec 10 deadline for comments to the DEA. Let's all go out and collect 1,000 comments from people who do NOT have internet access - as follows:
1) Download the Votehemp Info flyer and DEA notecard sheet (with 4 comments per sheet) as follows:
The flyer can be downloaded at:
The comment form can be downloaded at:
2) Print out a copy of each to make a master for copying. I found that the notecard pdf could be enlarged 105% at the copier for maximum effect. Copying the flyer a few times and the notecard on doublesided is ideal if possible where you're working.
3) Distribute flyer/comment sheets at places where you can recover them or you know they will be faxed or mailed in. I spent to make about 10 stapled packets of 25 double sided pages each - that's 2,000 comments possible- and dropped them off at the hemp store, the natural foods store, etc. I told people they can drop them off at the hemp store and there will be a drop off at the natural food store as well. At about 4 cents per comment, you don't want to throw away sheets with people who may not complete and return them in time.
4) Work for the next two weeks to get as many comments filled in and as many people to the votehemp.com website as possible. Also, send the info to any local press that might be willing to post the info or do a small story publicizing the comment deadline and how to comment.
By carrying around these flyers/notecards for the next 10 days, I hope to gather as many comments as possible and spread awareness of this issue among the people I come into contact with.
Arrange to mail or overnight them to DC if they are not faxed - they must be received by DECEMBER 10th - in DC - contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about submitting comments through Votehemp's Washington DC lawyers.
5) Include the coordinated Dec 4 student action (see votehemp.com for details) in your plan if possible.
6) This is a good time to write your local newspaper with a letter to the editor and a copy of the flyer and DEA comment info.
I give thanks for all the work and service by all involved to maximize our chances of defeating these DEA regs and preserving the hemp industry and its environmental potential for America and Gaia.