- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by Dictator Watch
Saturday, Nov. 03, 2001 at 7:35 AM
Right Here Right Now, an alternative view
NEW YORK AND CHAOS
by Roland Watson
September 11, 2001
Chaos theory demonstrates that one event can trigger a cascade of subsequent events, leading, ultimately, to the complete disruption of a system. Regarding the terrorist incidents in America, the following is one possible cascade.
- The leaders of the faith of Islam pronounce that those who martyr themselves in the service of the faith ascend directly to heaven and sit closest to God.
- Zionist communities begin to move to Palestine in the years prior to World War I. Palestine at this time is under the control of the Ottoman Empire, via Syria. England wins control of Palestine in World War I. In subsequent decades Zionist immigration continues on a massive scale, leading to Arab unrest.
- In the later decades of the first half of the 20th century, large deposits of oil are exploited in Arabia and Iran. This leads to the transfer of great wealth to the local populations and the subsequent rise of well-financed Islamic power.
- Following World War II, and a Zionist revolt, the British pull out and the Zionists take control of Palestine, which then becomes Israel.
- More than a million Palestinians are subsequently displaced, thrown out of their villages and off their land, and turned into refugees.
- Some five decades later, the Israeli Prime Minister is assassinated by an extremist Israeli man, just shy of the completion of an unprecedented peace agreement with the Palestinian Authority.
- Subsequently, Benjamin Netanyahu of the Likud Party is narrowly elected Prime Minister. He initiates a series of provocative steps towards the Palestinians, including a rapid expansion of Orthodox Jewish settlements throughout the West Bank, tunneling under an Islamic holy site from which the Prophet Mohammed reportedly ascended to heaven, etc.
- After an interim administration, Ariel Sharon, former Israeli Defense Minister, now on trial in Belgium for war crimes against the Palestinians while in that post, is narrowly elected Prime Minister. He embarks on an aggressive offensive against the Palestinians, leading to approximately 700 Palestinian deaths, and 200 Israeli deaths, so far.
- The United States Supreme Court rules for George Bush in the 2000 presidential election. The Bush administration assumes an isolationist stance and backs out of the Middle East peace process.
- Sharon, emboldened by the Bush administration passivity, increases his aggression.
- The U.S. does not, forcefully, speak out against this.
- Around the world a consensus develops that Israeli actions amount to state sponsored terrorism and ethnic cleansing. Discussion of this at the Racism Conference in South Africa leads Israel and the United States to withdraw from the conference.
- All Arab elements in the Middle East, even those which are moderate, conclude that the United States no longer has any pretensions of acting independently and promoting peace, that it fully supports Israel, and that it is therefore unequivocally and definitively the enemy of the Palestinians.
- Terrorists, Arab terrorists, attack the United States.
Extreme Islam considers America to be its primary enemy. While the avowed reason for this is our support of Israel, there are other, deeper factors at work:
- Islam is based on dictatorship. It is a dictatorial system that justifies the rule of the many by the few. Under Islam such oppression takes the worst forms: slavery, torture, the subjugation of women, and of other people with different faiths.
America, in principle, although regularly not in action, is pro-democracy.
- Islam, at least in practice, is based on violence. (Mullahs regularly call from their minarets for the violent overthrow of non-Muslim societies.) It motivates the most heinous, terrorist acts, acts unimaginable to reasonable people, using the supernatural fairy tale of martyrdom. Those who die in the service of holy war, the Islamic Jihad, immediately ascend to heaven and sit next to God (as if God, if such a being exists, would welcome the presence of such people). Indeed, if you kill a thousand, you get to sit closer than those who kill only a hundred, or ten.
America, although regularly itself a source of unethical violence, is the strongest power in the world. The proponents of Jihad have no answer to this strength other than petulance
Report this post as:
Change Links September 2018 posted
More Scandals Rock Southern California Nuke Plant San Onofre
Site Outage Friday
Change Links August 2018
Setback for Developer of SC Farm Land
More problems at Shutdown San Onofre Nuke
Change Links 2018 July posted
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings)
Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
More Local News...
OUR HOUSE Grief Support Center Celebrates 25 Years with the House of Hope Gala
Against the Rent Madness and For a Nonprofit Orientation!
Cybermonde, cyberguerre, cyberespace, cyberterrorisme
Paraphysique de psychosomatique
Chuck Grassley: Women Abusing, Animal Murdering, Illegal War Supporting Criminal
Finance Capitalism and the Digital Economy
Muselières syndicales, muselières patronales
Jeff Bezos, Amazon, The Washington Post, Whole Foods, Etc
Why Choose Nut Milk Over Cows' Milk
Antrhopocène, le grand effondrement
The Dictatorship of Corporations
18 Lethal Consequences Of Hunting
Paraphysique de l'outplacement déontologue
Shopping du bashing
After Lehman Brothers, Experts Say Global Financial Crisis Can Happen Again
“Animaniacs in Concert!” Starring Voice Legend Rob Paulsen
Probabilités de fin d'humanité
Florida Area of Migrant Farmworkers Denied Right to Construct Health Clinic near NaplesCIW
Steer clear of work morality!
The Shortwave Report 09/07/18 Listen Globally!
August 2018 Honduras Coup update
Brett Kavanaugh Filled The 5th Circuit With Execution Judges
Augusta Georgia Woman Gets 5 Year Prison Sentence for Writing About Russians Crime Acts
Paraphysique de contextualité
Crisis Regulation in Global Capitalism
Ex-voto de réification
Please Oppose Warmonger, Execution and Torture Supporting Bush Operative Brett Kavanaugh
More Breaking News...