- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by PLAN (Progressive LA Network)
Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2001 at 6:26 AM
This 21 Point Agenda provides a list of priority actions that the City of Los Angeles should take to make LA a more just, livable, and democratic place.
The Progressive Los Angeles Network's 21 Point Agenda (Summary Version)
Social and Economic Justice o Livability o Democracy
The Progressive Los Angeles Network (PLAN) is a new alliance that brings progressive organizers, activists, researchers, and policy practitioners together across issues, constituencies, geography, class, race and gender to forge a common public policy agenda for the Los Angeles region. Hundreds of PLAN participants have met over the past year to develop action plans on issues ranging from transportation, the urban environment, and food and nutrition, to economic development, housing, and workers' rights. This 21 Point Agenda provides a list of priority actions that the City of Los Angeles should take to make LA a more just, livable, and democratic place.
The following summary list contains just the first sentence of each agenda point. It's intended to provide a quick sense of the scope of the issues addressed, and to encourage you to visit PLAN's website and read the full text, which you can do by clicking on the link at the bottom.
1. Ensure public investment yields quality jobs and community benefits.
2. Gear job training towards quality jobs.
3. Consolidate all economic development functions.
4. Increase urban parks and clean up contaminated brownfields.
5. Inventory toxic health risks, and reduce pesticide use.
6. Promote clean fuel vehicles and green energy.
7. Institute a Livable City Plan.
8. Boost the Housing Trust Fund.
9. Require developers to build affordable housing units in all new residential developments.
10. Crack down on slum landlords.
11. Attract food markets, farmers' markets and community gardens to under served neighborhoods.
12. Launch an annual report, plan of action, and policy council on food, hunger, and nutrition.
13. Improve public transit.
14. Promote safe, walkable and bikeable neighborhoods.
15. Promote smart growth land use.
16. Promote workers' rights to organize.
17. Strengthen protections for low-wage workers.
18. Strengthen public sector union job opportunities.
19. Institute a health care fund or purchasing pool for employers.
20. Promote increased electoral participation.
21. Ensure full participation on commissions and neighborhood councils.
For the full-text version of PLAN's 21 Point Agenda, click on the link below.
Report this post as:
Change Links 2018 July posted
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings)
Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
More Local News...
Un monde de pauvreté
14 Disturbing Facts About Scott Gottlieb, Trump's FDA Head
Behind the scenes at fbi National Academy
Treasury Takes Aim at Shell Companies
Paraphysique de l'intelligence
Oklahoma GOP Senator Jim Inhofe's Bloody Record
Globalization: hope on the horizon despite Fake Liberals.
Sorry President Trump,Ted Cruz Texas Judicial System,is Worse Than Many Shithole Countries
The Shortwave Report 07/20/18 Listen Globally!
The System Question as a Survival Question
Nation's Largest Voting Machine Co., ESS, Admits Lying Re Having Installed Remote Control
Du pain et des jeux
Paraphysique de martyrologie
Children Incorporated Earns 4-Star Rating on Charity Navigator
Democratic Socialists of America
Leonard Peltier Non Violent Native American Political Prisoner since 1970's
Paraphysique miscellanées de l'aggiornamento
FBI Investigated LA County Sheriff Baca,Why Not Hank Skinner's Persecution?
Updated Partial List Of Famous Vegetarians, Vegans, & Fruitarians
The Shortwave Report 07136/18 Listen Globally!
Social Policy as Social Infrastructure
Vol I: 84 Varieties Of GOP Election Fraud
Texas Can Call it An Execution,But It is A State Sponsored Murder of Hank Skinner..
June 2018 Honduras coup update
Maria Estrada doubles down on racist support
New York Women in Film & Television Announces 2018 NYWIFT Ha Phuong Scholarship Recipients
Trapps de la domination, trapps de l'aliénation
Please Work For The Defeat Of Brett Kavanaugh And Why
More Breaking News...