- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
Friday, Nov. 24, 2000 at 4:00 AM
firstname.lastname@example.org 785-842-5774 PO Box 583, Lawrence, KS 66044
Free Leonard Peltier
Demand that President Clinton grant clemency peition
EXTREMELY URGENT ACTION
The Leonard Peltier Defense Committee has issued this urgent action alert.
CALL THE WHITE HOUSE FOR LEONARD PELTIER : 202-456-1111
CLEMENCY MAY BE DECIDED SOON : IT'S NOW OR NEVER
We have some very exciting news for everyone! President Clinton has publicly confirmed that Leonard's clemency petition has reached his office, and that it will be decided one way or the other in the very near future. Quite possibly, a decision could be made over the Thanksgiving holiday! It looks like critical decisions are being made in the White House RIGHT NOW.
It is now or never for telling the White House how we feel about the case.
We are asking people to call every single day to the White House, starting now, and up through Dec 1. (We will send out new information then).While it is possible that a positive decision might take longer, we must make very sure that Leonard's case is not dropped from the list in the early stages.
The FBI camp has initiated their own phone campaign to the White House protesting clemency. WE MUST DROWN THEM OUT. Leonard's support across country is huge, but we must now make ourselves heard, more than ever.
PLEASE CALL THE WHITE HOUSE COMMENTS LINE EVER DAY THROUGH DECEMBER FIRST!
To reach the White House Comments Line just call 202-456-1111. You will get a recording, but you can skip it by dialing "0" for the live people. You may get an operator who seems very interested in talking, or someone who does not want to talk at all and doesn't care. This doesn't matter at all either. Whoever answers your call, they must tally the total at the end of the day and send the numbers upstairs to Clinton.
Keep the message courteous and straightforward. Here is a sample :
1. Identify yourself and your state and any nation you belong to and any job title if you wish.
2. Explain that you want Clinton to immediately and unconditionally release Mr.Peltier.
3. Explain that Mr.Peltier never got a fair trial because the FBI coerced witnesses and concealed the ballistics test reflecting his innocence.
4. Mr.Peltier especially deserves clemency because of his incredible record of good deeds behind bars, like sponsoring a Native scholarship program, adopting children in Central America, supporting battered women's centers and substance abuse programs, and sponsoring an annual Christmas clothing and toys drive for the children of Pine Ridge.
5. Time is running out to resolve this national tragedy, because Peltier now suffers from diabetes, a heart condition and high blood pressure.
6. Releasing Mr.Peltier will be an important first step in national reconciliation between the United States government and the Native American people of this country.
If you wish to write as well as call, the White House fax number is
Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
PO Box 583
Lawrence, KS 66044
Report this post as:
LATEST COMMENTS ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
Listed below are the 10 latest comments of 6 posted about this article.
These comments are anonymously submitted by the website visitors.
||Thursday, Dec. 28, 2000 at 11:57 PM
|What EVer Happened To Leonardooooo
||Friday, Mar. 28, 2003 at 4:10 PM
||Friday, Mar. 28, 2003 at 4:11 PM
||Friday, Mar. 28, 2003 at 9:31 PM
|Always READ before you comment
||Friday, Mar. 28, 2003 at 10:13 PM
||Friday, Mar. 28, 2003 at 10:19 PM