- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
Friday, Sep. 22, 2000 at 6:27 AM
Clinton/Gore's drug-war death squads working overtime in Colombia. Even though the Republican right pushed hardest for the military aid to Colombia, the Gore info below shows why "lesser of evils" voting is a wasted vote in the US corporate regime. PUBLIC OPINION RULES IN THE END. Pass this on, vote Nader, and get ready for the death squads in America.
Colombia. Gore's death squads kill 3 U'wa. ALERTS. MOBILIZATION. Worldwide action, rage.
Clinton/Gore's drug-war death squads working overtime in Colombia. Even though the Republican right pushed hardest for the military aid to Colombia, the Gore info below shows why "lesser of evils" voting is a wasted vote in the US corporate regime. PUBLIC OPINION RULES IN THE END. Pass this on, vote Nader, and get ready for the death squads in America. Ban handguns, but keep your rifles oiled.
There is another article added after Lauren Sullivan's compilation of articles. It is called "STATESIDE RESISTANCE TO US DEATH SQUAD POLICY FINALLY" and is about a September 21, 2000. conference that will show evidence of Colombian military and US involvement in a 1998 death-squad paramilitary massacre in Colombia.
*Drug War, Death Squad LINKS worldwide. Revised. Huge LINKS list. Lists in alphabetical and chronological order.
"The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling power. Among us today a concentration of private power without equal in history is growing."
-President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. (One Thousand Americans, George Seldes, page 5.)
"Fascism should more appropriately be called corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." -Mussolini
"The only difference between Bush and Gore is the velocity with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock at the door."
-Ralph Nader (Green Party presidential candidate)
From: Lauren Sullivan
Date: Wed Sep 20, 2000 12:20pm
Subject: U'WA solidarity actions! 200 people occupy Gore's Olympia office!
ACTIONS TARGET GORE ACROSS THE COUNTRY
UWA SUPPORTERS SEND GORE A MESSAGE "OXY OUT OF U'WA LAND!"
MORE ACTIONS TO FOLLOW! ORGANIZE ONE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
In this Update :
1) Rundown of solidarity actions over the last week
2) Press release - 200 activists occupy Democratic office in Olympia,
3) IMPORTANT! transcript of Sept 15th U'wa press conference regarding new
land titles which add more weight to U'wa case that Oxy's drilling is ILLEGAL! 4) URGENT ACTION ALERT for Colombia's Embera Katio People. Paramilitaries attack community Assassinate 3 and kidnap 21. Calls needed!
Since last week when the U'wa received notice of the government's plan to evict them to make way for Oxy's final shipments of drilling equipment there has been an incredible wave of solidarity actions. Across the U.S. activists are confronting Al Gore and demanding he use his personal and political connections to Oxy and the Colombia government to stop the drilling on U'wa land! A quick rundown :
* Sept 14th Activists from across the NE descend upon New Hampshire and disrupt a Gore campaign stop. Chants of solidarity for the U'wa can be heard throughout Gore's speech.
* Sept 16th, Portland OR - Spearheaded by Lewis and Clark's Radical Action Group, 150 activists from a broad range of groups, including Jobs with Justice, STARC, the Liberation Collective, Cascadia Forest Defenders, the City Repair Project, the Green Party, as well as students from Reed and Portland State University rallied at Gore's local HQ. 4 U'wa supporters where arrested after they refused to leave the office until Al Gore took action to support the U'wa.
* Sept 19th ACTIONS IN 4 STATES - California, Iowa, Wisconsin and
* Santa Rosa, CA 10 activists demonstrated outside their local democratic party office, educating hundreds of passerbys about Gore's hypocrisy.
* Madison, Wisconsin the UW Greens picketed Al Gore's daughter who was giving a campaign speech and asked questions about Gore's silence on the U'wa.
* Des Moines, Iowa a coalition of students from across the region were joined by STARC activists and Call to Action to do a lockdown to an oil barrel which symbolically leaked blood. They attracted tons of local and regional media!
* Olympia Washington, 200 human rights activists and forest defenders marchon the local Democratic Party office and then proceed to takeover the building for 6 hours! The office was completely shutting down! No business as usual until the U'wa and all other impacted people's get justice! When police tried to remove them 3 people locked down and were supported by a dozen more. At least ten people were arrested and the police where reported to have used pain compliance holds and some brutality. However when the police removed the lock-downed activists and attempted to take them to a police vehicle dozens of supporters outside blockaded the vehicle created a confusing scene which resulted in the "un-arresting" of the 3 activists. See the press release below!
Meanwhile in Colombia the U'wa are holding their ground. Phone lines into Cubara (the town nearest the Gibraltar 1 well site) are down but reports are that the militarization continues. There has been no eviction yet but we have received reports that government planes are repeatedly flying over the U'wa encampment and shooting into the nearby woods. However the U'wa refused to be intimidated and have vowed to block any further equipment
that Oxy attempts to bring to the drillsite.
On September 15th, the U'wa went public with very important legal documents showing that the King of Spain granted them legal title to the entire area around the drillsite as well as the sub-surface rights. (SEE #3 BELOW) These colonial lands claims have standing in Colombian courts and have been a factor in several land disputes over the past decade. This is very exciting news and more reason why Al Gore can call upon Oxy and the Colombian government to stop this project and let the U'wa live in peace! KEEP THE PRESSURE ON!
Tell Al Gore that his silence = a death sentence for the U'wa!
CONTACT AL GORE!
601 Mainstream Dr. Nashville, TN 37228
Phone: 615-340-2000 Fax: 202-456-2685
find local contact numbers and your nearest Gore office at :
and nearest DNC office at: http://www.democrats.org/action/
Contact Patrick or Lauren at RAN at 1-800-989-RAIN/415-398-4404 or organize@r... if you are willing to organize an emergency response demonstration, action or solidarity event!
For Immediate Release
September 19, 2000
Kim Marx: on-site 360-970-4320 (mobile) Lauren Sullivan/Patrick Reinsborough 415-398-4404 or 415-596-7246 (mobile)
200 Activists Occupy Al Gore's Olympia Office Demand Gore Take a Stand for the U'wa of Colombia
On-site Press Conference at 6PM PDT (502 E. 4th Street, Olympia)
Olympia, WA-Some 200 activists have occupied Al Gore's offices since 12 Noon today and vow to stay through the night and beyond until the vice president comes out against Occidental Petroleum's drilling project on the U
Report this post as:
LATEST COMMENTS ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
Listed below are the 10 latest comments of 1 posted about this article.
These comments are anonymously submitted by the website visitors.
More problems at Shutdown San Onofre Nuke
Change Links 2018 July posted
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
California police agencies violate Brown Act (open meetings)
Insane Company Wants To Send Nuke Plant Waste To New Mexico
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
More Local News...
“Animaniacs in Concert!” Starring Voice Legend Rob Paulsen, Saturday, October 6th
Illegal Russians Invited to West Bank at Invitation of Israeli Government Outside jewish
Nous sommes le système
Prosecuted: Have you had an experience that changed your opinion of the justice system?
Big Brother chez vous, Big Brother partout
Change Links August 2018
Vietnam Labor Watch Tackles Outside and Inside Exploitation of Nation's workforce
What it means to be an artist
Setback for Developer of SC Farm Land
Video: Lawrence Tribe: To End a Presidency: The Power of Impeachment," 59 min
Génétique de l'environnement
Video: Thomas Frank: Rendezvous with Oblivion, 58 min
Philippines – Duterte 2 Years on: Destructive, Divisive, and Despotic
Anarchie et anarchisme
July 2018 Honduras Coup update
The iranian Backed Militia Hezbollah Bombs Communty Center in Argentina July 1995 85 Dead
The Shortwave Report 08/10/136/18 Listen Globally!
Paraphysique du taulard
Pantarchy: Voluntary State and a New Catholic Church: Stephen Pearl Andrews
Against Market Radicalism
Négoce du vol organisé
Paraphysique de la litote
Kudzu Root grows in many US states has anti alcoholism help
Syrian People Suffe after years of Russian Air Bombings and Attacks by the Syrian Army2018
Over 20 State Attorneys General Call for Shell Company Transparency
Paraphysique d'ostracisme, du ça va, d'aparté
More Breaking News...