COINTELPRO?

by Big Picture Saturday, Mar. 23, 2002 at 3:49 AM
bigpic@ziplip.com

COINTELPRO?

From: old school seizetv@yahoo.com>

To: big.pic@hushmail.com,

imc-dc-editorial@indymedia.org

Subject: Re: [Imc-dc-editorial] Brian Long Missing?

3/21/02 Brian is fine and busy working.

If he does not reply, that is his choice.

Would you kindly stop spamming all the rest of us

with your inquiries.

DC IMC Editorial Worker

big.pic@hushmail.com previously wrote:

SUBJECT: Brian Long Missing?

Brian Long ( b.long@hushmail.com )

authored "Government Gone Underground" on Mar 4 '02

(Modified on 4:37pm Sun Mar 17 '02)

http://dc.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=18573&group=webcast

To: b.long@hushmail.com

Andy Vaughan j_a_vaughan@yahoo.com>

dc@indymedia.org

imc-dc-editorial@indymedia.org

imc-dc-editorial-admin@lists.indymedia.org

mail@democracynow.org

March 08 2002

Brian Long and I had been exchanging emails daily,

when Brian said

" Because my article was dealing with current situations

rather than background,

I omitted much of the

cable splicer/garden plot/rex 84/etc history,

although some seems to be relevant

to the follow-up I am working on.

since upon visiting the perimeters

of those and other facilities

I think I have some new info

that I would like to have confirmed before I publish. "

March 09 2002

Brian said he had trouble contacting my email.

March 10 2002

I said I would set up

a more secure way to communicate.

March 11 2002

Brian said OK.

March 13 to March 17

I sent emails to Brian using new email accounts.

No response.

March 18 to March 19, 2002

I sent emails to

dc@indymedia.org

imc-dc-editorial@indymedia.org

and asked "Is Brian Long:

(1) ill? (2) injured? (3) in jail?

(4) OK but unable to send me email?

(5) OK but does not want to send me email?"

March 19, 2002

Andy Vaugham j_a_vaughan@yahoo.com>

of dc.indymedia sent me an email saying:

"I'm getting a storage exceeded message,

but I'll ask around."

March 20, 2002

I have compared

Brian Long's original

"Government Gone Underground" of Mar 4 '02

To the so called

"Modified on 4:37pm Sun Mar 17 '02" version,

and I do not see any difference.

So what was Brian Long doing

from March 13 to March 17

if there is no significant difference

in the document?

Please have someone who knows Brian Long

Visit Brian in person, and confirm he is OK.

If by March 22 2002,

I do not receive a response from either of you,

Then I will assume Brian Long is missing

and unable to update "Government Gone Underground".

Original: COINTELPRO?