fix articles 159803, venezuelan state
State Funerals, Amnesia and Anarchism (tags)
°Response to the statement of FAU on the death of Chavez. Editor Collective EL LIBERTARIO (Venezuela). Originally published -in Spanish- in TIERRA Y LIBERTAD, Madrid, May 2013, # 298, p. 3-6. Internet -> http://periodicoellibertario.blogspot.com/2013/05/funerales-de-estado-amnesia-y-anarquismo.html. *** In memory of our beloved comrade Rafael Sposito (a.k.a.) "Daniel Barrett"
On the death of president Chavez/No hero/No dictator (tags)
The late Venezuelan president Chavez deserves appreciation for his social ''Bolivarian'' programs and his anti imperialist engagement. However, reprehensible sides of his reign are the repression in Venezuela and the oppression of the freedom of expression. His friendly relationships with dictators like Assad, Lushenko and Kaddafi are disgustable. Therefore he doesn't deserve the unconditional praise he gets from his leftist admirors.
Cuba-Venezuela relationship: What can be said from an anarchist perspective? (tags)
* This text appears in the June-July 2010 issue #59 of El Libertario, describing the position this voice of the Venezuelan anarchist movement takes regarding the close links between the governments of these two countries.
Venezuela: The murderers can not make justice. On the exhumations of the Caracazo (tags)
* Different organizations and individuals from Venezuela with tradition in the social struggles linked to different anti-authoritarian and critical leftist approaches, with whom we have converged at the space called INSURGENTES, set position before the exhumations of the Caracazo.
Documentary: Massacre of El Amparo: 20 years of impunity (Venezuela) (tags)
Descargue un documental sobre la Masacre de El Amparo, ocurrida el año 1988 en Venezuela / Download documentary on the Massacre of El Amparo, happened a year 1988 in Venezuela
Interview with El Libertario (Venezuela – June 2009) (tags)
* From Madrid the anarchist group Star, linked to the Iberian Federation of Anarchists Youths (Federación Ibérica de Juventudes Anarquistas-FIJA-), has raised questions whose answers will let us know today and in detail what is doing and saying the known Venezuelan anarchist newspaper.
INSURGENTES against Venezuela´s constitutional reform (tags)
* Various organizations and individuals within Venezuela, each with a history of social struggle and each bringing with them diverse proposals from the anti-authoritarian and critical left, have assembled in the space of INSURGENTES (INSURGENTS) to forge a position against the proposed constitutional “reform” offered by the republic’s President, Hugo Chavez Frias.
Venezuela: Interview with El Libertario (tags)
* Interview with indonesian anarchist journal EMPTY HEAVEN - May 2007 (http://otonomis.org/ -- EMPTY HEAVEN collective website; http://pustaka.otonomis.org/ -- indonesian anarchist/autonomist archive). More info in english & spanish about El Libertario: www.nodo50.org/ellibertario
Video: Hugo Chavez recommends reading Thierry Meyssan’s investigations (tags)
NOTE video in link The President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez, has denounced in length the CIA-organized "velvet coups" attempts around the world, including against his own government, using techniques revealed by Thierry Meyssan.
Alternative Social Forum - Caracas, January 2006 (tags)
* From Venezuela we extend an invitation to an international event of and for social movements in the struggle, as a more valid option to the bureaucratic spectacle the World Social Forum has become.
Venezuela, Oil and the struggle for Democratic Socialism in the 21st Century (tags)
The country of Venezuela is a startling paradox of immense suffering and extreme wealth. According to a private Caracas-based polling company, Datanalisis, over 58% of the 25 million people in Venezuela live on less than $253 (Cdn) a month. The level of poverty becomes all the more damning when factoring in that Venezuela is also the world's fourth largest oil exporter. This glaring contradiction remained unchallenged until the election of Hugo Chavez as Venezuelan President.
Venezuela: The hijacking of a sacred stone (tags)
* The Pemon people of Venezuela calls to the international solidarity in their struggle for the return of the sacred stone Kueka