- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
Wednesday, Feb. 01, 2017 at 11:52 AM
Please call Senate at 202 224 3121 to ask for a no vote on Jeff Sessions who is racist, pro-war, pro-torture,
sessions4.jpg, image/jpeg, 1305x974
Sessions as AG of Alabama executed only blacks, used the unconstitutional hitching post as a form of punishment, has at other times recommended the death penalty for a second sentence for marijuana sales, has voted for torture and against the Violence Against Women Act.
22 Of Many Reasons Senate Should Vote Down Jeff Sessions For Attorney General
If after being acquainted with the history, you believe Jeff Sessions, Trump's selection for Attry General, is racist, please call your senator at 202 224 3121 and ask for a no vote on his nomination.
Senator Chris Coons testimony before Congress on Feb 1st and his earlier questions of Sessions can be seen at cspan.org He brought up several of the following points:
1. As attorney general of Alabama, Sessions approved of the unconstitutional hitching post. Black and white prisoners were shackled to posts to roast in the sun.
2. Sessions was one of only 9 senators who voted in favor of torture and against McCain's amendment to end its use.
3. Others have mentioned that Sessions advocated the death penalty for those convicted more than once of selling pot. Mandatory death penalties are unconstitutional, but Jeff Sessions asked for
mandatory death sentences for drug sellers' 2nd offense
4. Sessions as attorney general of Alabama executed 3. All of them were black.
5. Sessions opposed protections for the right of privacy.
6. Sessions voted against the Violence Against Women Act which gives women subjected to violence places to stay.
7. Sessions has blocked efforts to reform criminal justice. (There are hundreds of examples, one of which is many prisons have no air conditioning in summer. Texas prison temperatures have reached 135 degrees and caused prisoner deaths.)
8. Coons said that in general Sessions has favored harsher longer sentences.
9. Sessions was in favor of expanded surveillance by NSA
10. The Voting Rights Act was pushed into law by President Johnson, to end 2 centuries of discrimination against black citizens. Senator Sessions expressed delight when Scalia, Roberts, and 3 other Republican justices ended it. Coretta Scott King wrote a letter about the need to continue it.
11. Sessions opposed protection for LGBT citizens.
12. Sessions called the NAACP and the ACLU "un-American" and "Communist-inspired."
13 In 1986, the Senate voted against the nomination of Jeff Sessions to a federal
judgeship, believing him to be racist. The Senate was a majority Republican at that time.
14 Sessions singled out black activists for prosecution persecution. including black workers in a voter registration drive. It took the jury three hours to throw out his indictment.
15. Sessions criticized President Obama for his commutations of very harsly treated prisoners, sentenced to life without parole for minor drug sales.
16. Both Trump who nominated Sessions and Trump's father were taken to court for their part in segregating apartment complexes
17. Sessions only became a US senator because of more than a century of denial of the franchise to black voters in a variety of ways.
18. Sessions defended keeping the confederate flag on public property in Alabama.
19. Sessions said separation of church and state is unconstitutional
20. Sessions had claimed to have worked on civil rights cases for minorities, but his
law professor said that was not so. Sessions later withdrew his claim. Senator Chris Coons gave other examples of Sessions' misrepresenting the truth.
21. Sessions had told a white attorney he should not have black clients, and made
racist comments in the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's.
22. Sessions said Roe v Wade was a bad decision.
Sessions is a supporter of the illegal immoral wars the US government has waged since G H W Bush was president, a climate change denier, someone who opposes gay marriage, someone whose history indicates he might aggressively work against the 8 new states and others states which have legalized marijuana.
The Washington Post reports 'Sessions has opposed nearly every immigration bill that has come before the Senate the past two decades that has included a path to citizenship for immigrants in the country illegally'..
Report this post as:
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
After Being Told He's 'Full of Sh*t' at School Event, Mnuchin Demands UCLA Suppress Video
Resolution of the Rent Strike in Boyle Heights
What Big Brother Knows About You and What You Can Do About It
Step Up As LAPD Chief Charlie Beck Steps Down
Our House Grief Support Center Hosts 9th Annual Run For Hope, April 29
Don’t let this LA County Probation Department overhaul proposal sit on the shelf
Echo Park Residents Sue LA Over Controversial Development
Former Signal Hill police officer pleads guilty in road-rage incident in Irvine
Calif. Police Accused of 'Collusion' With Neo-Nazis After Release of Court Documents
Center for the Study of Political Graphics exhibit on Police Abuse posters
City Agrees to Settle Lawsuit Claiming Pasadena Police Officer Had His Sister Falsely Arre
Professor's Study Highlights Health Risks of Urban Oil Drilling
Claims paid involving Pasadena Police Department 2014 to present
Pasadenans - get your license plate reader records from police
LA Times Homicide Report
More Local News...
Change Links May 2018
Worker-Owned Car Wash on Vermont Closed
TheMilitary of Yemen IN In The 1990's
The Shortwave Report 04/27/18 Listen Globally!
Federal Bank Examiner FDIC recalls year long 1999 robbery in 2017
Doxa du lobby
Tech workers organize
Architect Stephen Francis Jones
UN Forum Wrestles with Economic Policies 10 Years After Financial Crisis Islands Call for
What does the Quran Say About Islamic Dress??
Biodiversité ou la nature privatisée
The Market is a Universal Totalitarian Religion
Book Available about Hispanics and US Civil War by National Park Service
The Shortwave Report 04/20/18 Listen Globally!
The Republican 'Prolife' Party Is the Party of War, Execution, and Bear Cub Murder
Paraphysique de la dictature étatique
Book Review: "The New Bonapartists"
The West Must Take the First Steps to Russia
Théorie générale de la révolution ou hommage à feu Mikhaïl Bakounine
The Shortwave Report 04/13/18 Listen Globally!
“Lost in a Dream” Singing Competition Winner to Be Chosen on April 15 for ,000 Prize!
The World Dependent on Central Banks
Ohio Governor Race: Dennis Kucinich & Richard Cordray Run Against Mike DeWine
March 2018 Honduras Coup Again Update
Apologie du zadisme insurrectionnel
ICE contract with license plate reader company
More Breaking News...