"Voters are those that donated at least to a Pacifica radio station between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016.
KPFK ballots arrived around August 21.
Deadline for returning the ballots is Sept 30.
If an individual donated at least between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016, but received no ballot, contact King Reilly.
If a married couple donated at least between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016, but received only 1 ballot, contact King.
- - - - - - -
For questions/missing ballot, contact King Reilly 5 firstname.lastname@example.org
You can rank these candidates based on their candidate statements at CandidateSlate.org.
Or, you may use the rankings below.
They are ranked by the volunteer work they are already doing for the KPFK Local Station Board and by the skills they will bring to the board.
It is recommended to be voting by paper ballot, rather than online which is less secure from hacking.
Vote by filling in the ranking squares with a #2 pencil.
PLEASE RANK ALL 16 OF OUR CANDIDATES (we need alternates elected).
PLEASE RANK OUR 16 CANDIDATES IN THE ORDER BELOW:
1. Jaime Gomez- Local Station Board Secretary, public school Vice Prin., strong financial background
2. Ismael Parra- educator, musician, organized & served as President of a musician's union
3. Leslie Fox- fund raising expert
4. Sandy Childs- administrates KPFK fund drive phone room
5. Lisa Wong- lawyer, human rights activist, board experience
6. Barbara Marbach- Local Station Board Parliamentarian, disabilities and special ed advocate
7. Allan Coie- lawyer, political activist, former Cal/OSHA staff lawyer, working peoples' health/safety advocate, volunteer on Local Board committees
8. Allan Beek- computer designer, volunteer on Local Board committees
9. Will Ryan- actor, producer, board experience
10. Ralph Hawkins- former General Manager of college radio stations KUCI-Irvine & KSDT- San Diego; Union Rep
11. Rob Macon- radio station operations manager, volunteer on Local Board committees
12. Doug Kriegel- 30 yr TV reporter (won 3 Emmys), wants to help improve KPFK's news dept.
13. Lance Simmens- political activist, writer, organizer
14. Paul Song- past Courage Campaign chair, MD, fights for Medicare-for-All
15. Mike Mora- businessman, political activist
16. Dorothy Reik- political activist
Need recommendations for a station other than KPFK/L.A. or have a question,
please contact KPFK member King Reilly at: email@example.com
Opinions expressed are not that of KPFK or Pacifica"