- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by Stephen Lendman
Monday, Sep. 21, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Netanyahu Vows Harsher Police State Viciousness on Palestinians
by Stephen Lendman
Israel considers unrestrained viciousness against Palestinians defending law and order. Legitimate Palestinian resistance against ruthless Israeli persecution is called terrorism.
Justice is upside down. Militarized rule denies longtime suffering people fundamental rights everyone deserves.
They’re considered enemies of the state for demanding them - in greater danger after Netanyahu authorized police to use live fire against Palestinian protesters (using .22 caliber Ruger rifles allegedly less lethal than heavier weapons) and new legislation mandating harsh prison sentences for stone-throwers, subjecting youths and young children to years behind bars in one of the world’s most dehumanizing and brutal gulags.
Israeli Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein objected. His criticism fell on deaf ears. Justice minister Ayelet Shaked responded, saying “it’s his right and his duty to give his opinion. At the end of the day, if something is not unconstitutional law, the cabinet decides whether to legislate the law or not.”
Israel has no constitution. Basic laws substitute. Ruling regimes pay them lip service, ignoring them in practice, including pertaining to “Human Dignity and Liberty,” stating:
“1. The purpose of this Basic Law is to protect human dignity and liberty, in order to establish in a Basic Law the values of the State of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state.
2. There shall be no violation of the life, body or dignity of any person as such.
3. There shall be no violation of the property of a person.
4. All persons are entitled to protection of their life, body and dignity.
5. There shall be no deprivation or restriction of the liberty of a person by imprisonment, arrest, extradition or otherwise.
6. (a) All persons are free to leave Israel.
(b) Every Israel national has the right of entry into Israel from abroad.
7. (a) All persons have the right to privacy and to intimacy.
(b) There shall be no entry into the private premises of a person who has not consented thereto.
(c) No search shall be conducted on the private premises of a person, nor in the body or personal effects.
(d) There shall be no violation of the confidentiality of conversation, or of the writings or records of a person.
8. There shall be no violation of rights under this Basic Law except by a law befitting the values of the State of Israel, enacted for a proper purpose, and to an extent no greater than is required.
9. There shall be no restriction of rights under this Basic Law held by persons serving in the Israel Defence Forces, the Israel Police, the Prisons Service and other security organizations of the State, nor shall such rights be subject to conditions, except by virtue of a law, or by regulation enacted by virtue of a law, and to an extent no greater than is required by the nature and character of the service.
10. This Basic Law shall not affect the validity of any law (din) in force prior to the commencement of the Basic Law.
11. All governmental authorities are bound to respect the rights under this Basic Law.
12. This Basic Law cannot be varied, suspended or made subject to conditions by emergency regulations; notwithstanding, when a state of emergency exists, by virtue of a declaration under section 9 of the Law and Administration Ordinance, 5708-1948, emergency regulations may be enacted by virtue of said section to deny or restrict rights under this Basic Law, provided the denial or restriction shall be for a proper purpose and for a period and extent no greater than is required.”
Israeli officials are obliged to obey these laws - except when they decide not to.
Israel’s attorney general is its executive branch’s highest legal authority. Duties include reviewing and advising on the legality of proposed legislation, as well as providing guidelines on interpreting laws and legal procedures - to assure ruling officials don’t overstep their authority.
What happens in practice often diverges from what’s mandated in principle. Shaked is a notorious Arab-hater, a member of the fascist HaBayit HaYehudi (Jewish Home) party, infamous for calling Palestinian children “little snakes.” Appointing her justice minister was tantamount to having a serial killer as police commissioner.
She defended long prison terms for stone-throwers - up to 20 years if convicted of intending to cause harm. Israel infamously treats young children like adults, subjecting them to harsh treatment, including cold-blooded murder.
Shaked wants parents held accountable for alleged offenses their children commit - subjecting them to stiff fines.
Netanyahu vowed greater heavy-handed toughness than already - dismissing Weinstein’s objections, claiming without justification a new reality, demanding draconian harshness, continuing merciless war on Palestine.
Israel bears full responsible for daily violence and other forms of brutality against defenseless Palestinians. New Knesset legislation and rules Netanyahu instituted made things tougher. Expect greater bloodshed than already. Permitting security forces to use live fire is giving them license to kill, wound or maim without restraint.
Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago. He can be reached at email@example.com.
His new book as editor and contributor is titled "Flashpoint in Ukraine: US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III."
Visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com.
Listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network.
It airs three times weekly: live on Sundays at 1PM Central time plus two prerecorded archived programs.
Report this post as:
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
After Being Told He's 'Full of Sh*t' at School Event, Mnuchin Demands UCLA Suppress Video
Resolution of the Rent Strike in Boyle Heights
What Big Brother Knows About You and What You Can Do About It
Step Up As LAPD Chief Charlie Beck Steps Down
Our House Grief Support Center Hosts 9th Annual Run For Hope, April 29
Don’t let this LA County Probation Department overhaul proposal sit on the shelf
Echo Park Residents Sue LA Over Controversial Development
Former Signal Hill police officer pleads guilty in road-rage incident in Irvine
Calif. Police Accused of 'Collusion' With Neo-Nazis After Release of Court Documents
Center for the Study of Political Graphics exhibit on Police Abuse posters
City Agrees to Settle Lawsuit Claiming Pasadena Police Officer Had His Sister Falsely Arre
Professor's Study Highlights Health Risks of Urban Oil Drilling
Claims paid involving Pasadena Police Department 2014 to present
Pasadenans - get your license plate reader records from police
LA Times Homicide Report
More Local News...
Biodiversité ou la nature privatisée
The Market is a Universal Totalitarian Religion
Book Available about Hispanics and US Civil War by National Park Service
The Shortwave Report 04/20/18 Listen Globally!
The Republican 'Prolife' Party Is the Party of War, Execution, and Bear Cub Murder
Paraphysique de la dictature étatique
Book Review: "The New Bonapartists"
The West Must Take the First Steps to Russia
Théorie générale de la révolution ou hommage à feu Mikhaïl Bakounine
The Shortwave Report 04/13/18 Listen Globally!
“Lost in a Dream” Singing Competition Winner to Be Chosen on April 15 for ,000 Prize!
The World Dependent on Central Banks
Ohio Governor Race: Dennis Kucinich & Richard Cordray Run Against Mike DeWine
March 2018 Honduras Coup Again Update
Apologie du zadisme insurrectionnel
ICE contract with license plate reader company
Black Portraiture(S) IV: The Color of Silence...Cuba No...Cambridge Yes
Prohibiting Micro-Second Betting on the Exchanges
Prosecutors treat Muslims harsher than non-Muslims for the same crimes
Amy Goodman interview on cell phone safety
Mesa, Arizona police officer kills unarmed white man
Israeli leaders should be prosecuted for war crimes
Paraphysique de l'autorité
Two Podcasts on fbi corruption
Fbi assassins assault & try to kill DAVID ATKINS
EPA Head Scott Pruitt: Of Cages And Sirens
More Breaking News...