- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by Human Rights Alert, NGO
Tuesday, Dec. 21, 2010 at 6:52 AM
email@example.com PO Box 526
Under conditions that today prevail in the justice system in Los Angeles County and California, it is inconceivable to continue with executions. California Gov Arnold Schwarzenegger should stop the execution of Kevin Cooper and impose a moratorium on the death penalty in California.
Rabbi Shmuly Yanklowitz Endorsed the Petition: Stay the Execution of Kevin Cooper, Impose a Moratorium on the Death Penalty in California
Los Angeles, December 19 - Rabbi Shmuly Yanklowitz of Uri L'Tzedek - Orthodox Social Justice Movement - endorsed the call upon California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to stop the execution of Kevin Cooper and impose a moratorium on the death penalty in California.
The petition was also endorsed by Tikkun's Rabbi Michael Lerner and UCLA Hillel's Rabbi Chaim Seidler-Feller.
As noted in the petition itself, reasonable doubts remained regarding the guilt of Kevin Cooper, which led five federal judges to take issue with their colleagues' decision to put a stop to Cooper's appeals.
Moreover, corruption of the justice system in Los Angeles County, California has been repeatedly documented for over a decade in official, scholarly and media reports.
Thousand of Rampart-FIPs (Falsely Imprisoned Persons) - victims of court corruption of the courts in Los Angeles County, which was uncovered in the Rampart scandal investigation (1998-2000) remain imprisoned to this date, and judges of the Los Angeles Court were documented as objecting to their release, since it would lead to "collapse of the justice system".
"Corruption of the courts and the legal profession" in California was also noted in a recent report of the United Nations Human Rights Council, which called upon the US to abolish the death penalty.
Therefore, the petition called upon California Gov Arnold Schwarzenegger to stop the execution of Kevin Cooper and to impose a moratorium on the death penalty in California.
The Jewish community is vastly over-represented among judges and attorneys in California, and the Jewish community historically held itself committed to Human and Civil Rights in the United States. Therefore, Human Rights Alert repeatedly asserted that the Jewish community must deem itself accountable for the conditions of the justice system in California and the United States.
Asking leading rabbis of the day to voice their opinions on current issues has been a Jewish tradition for some 1,500 years.
---PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AT:http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-cooper-execution-end-death-penalty-in-caifornia/---
Target: California Gov Arnold Schwarzenegger:
We, the undersigned call upon Governor Schwarzenegger to stop the execution of Kevin Cooper and impose a moratorium on the death penalty in California:
1. Reasonable doubts remain regarding the guilt of Kevin CooperThe legal effort to prevent the execution of Kevin Cooper has run its course. Unless the governor of California intervenes, Cooper is likely to be put to death next year for the brutal 1983 murders of a Chino Hills couple, their 10-year-old daughter and an 11-year-old houseguest.
Just one eyewitness survived the horrific scene, a 9-year-old boy whose throat had been sliced. His initial account of the attack is one of many disturbing contradictions that led five federal judges to take issue with their colleagues' decision to put a stop to Cooper's appeals.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/12/12/EDG81GP0I7.DTL#ixzz18BGZmaQA
2. Corruption of the justice system in Los Angeles County, California was well-documented for over a decade.Official, scholarly, and media reports have documented the corruption of the justice system in California for over a decade.
Reports of the Rampart corruption scandal (1998-2000) established that thousands of innocent persons were falsely imprisonment for long terms through framing of evidence, extraction of confessions under torture, and perjury of police. The victims - the Rampart-FIPs (Falsely Imprisoned Persons) - mostly blacks and Latinos, were estimated by various groups at 10,000-30,000. Regardless, judges of the Los Angeles Court have refuses to free the Rampart-FIPs, and the US Department of Justice refuses to take action either.
Read more: Rampart-FIPs (Falsely Imprisoned Persons) - Review; Rampart-FIPs - Rampart First Trial PBS Frontline: Rampart False Imprisonments; 06-07-15 Rampart Reconsidered: LAPD's Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006);
2. "Corruption of the courts and the legal profession" in California was noted in a recent report of the United Nations Human Rights Council, which called upon the US to abolish the death penalty.As part of the first ever Universal Periodic Review (UPR) of Human Rights in the United States by the Human Rights Council of the United Nations, official report noted %u201Ccorruption of the courts and the legal profession%u201D in California.
The United Nations Human Rights Council also called upon the United States to abolish the death penalty.
Read more: http://www.scribd.com/doc/38566837/ ;http://www.scribd.com/doc/42218232/
3. Therefore, the Governor of California should stop the execution of Kevin Cooper and impose a moratorium on the death penalty in California.Under conditions that today prevail in the justice system in Los Angeles County and California, it is inconceivable to continue with executions. California Gov Arnold Schwarzenegger should stop the execution of Kevin Cooper and impose a moratorium on the death penalty in California.
PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AT:http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-cooper-execution-end-death-penalty-in-caifornia/
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?* "Innocent people remain in prison"* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit." Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted." Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
WHAT DID THE UNITED NATIONS HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL STAFF REPORT SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
Report this post as:
Marshall Tuck’s racist dog whistle
Marshall Tuck’s ethnocentrism contradicts Californian values
Debunking Some Anti-Prop 10 Propaganda
Why Should California Choose De Leon Over Feinstein?
Change Links September 2018 posted
More Scandals Rock Southern California Nuke Plant San Onofre
Site Outage Friday
Change Links August 2018
Setback for Developer of SC Farm Land
More problems at Shutdown San Onofre Nuke
Change Links 2018 July posted
More Pix: "Families Belong Together," Pasadena
"Families Belong Together" March, Pasadena
Short Report on the Families Belong Together Protest in Los Angeles
Summer 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Watch the Debate: Excluded Candidates for Governor of California
Change Links June 2018 posted
The Montrose Peace Vigil at 12 Years
Unity Archive Project
Dianne Feinstein's Promotion of War, Secret Animal Abuse, Military Profiteering, Censorshi
CA Senate Bill 1303 would require an independent coroner rather than being part of police
Three years after OC snitch scandal, no charges filed against sheriffs deputies
More Local News...
COP 21, 25, 32, de l'écocide organisé
fbi & fmj are ' Lord of the Flies '
Parangon d'une grande infestation
Video: Beautiful Country Burn Again, 39 min
OBAMA WERE POW'S LEFTBEHIND IN AFGHANISTAN IRAQ AND LIBYA
OBAMA WERE POWS LEFT BEHIND IN AFGAHNISTAN IRAQ AND LIBYA
DID BARACK OBAMA LEAVE POWS BEHIND IN AFGAHNISTAN IRAQ AND LIBYA
DID BARACK OBAMA LEAVE POWS BEHIND IN AFGHANISTAN IRAQ AND LIBYA
Paraphysique de l'Etat d'urgence
Republican Vote Fraud Reached A New Level In Midterms
Texas Finally Ousts Culberson!
Israel Quit UNESCO, Um-Shmum, Make Ben-Gurion Proud!
Mafia City Hack Mod Generator - Generate 15.000 Gold
Ronald L. Havner & The Sleazy Corporate Whores @PublicStorage RAPED ME!
Trumponomics and Wall Street Rejoices
8 GOP Candidates For Governor Want Executions To Continue In Their States
Paraphysique de l'hybris pirocratie
Pity Yitzhak Rabin Wasn’t Israel’s Trump!
Une machine c'est crétin
Nuke Plants Cause Excess CancerDeaths When Running, Rates Decline When They Shut Down
Right-wing Populism: A Wave of Nostalgia
Paraphysique du profit de l'horreur
Trump: A Disaster For Animals As Well As People
26 Ways Trump Has Increased The National Debt By 4 to 5 Trillion Dollars
Right-wing Populism: Can More Madness Cure the Madness?
OUR HOUSE Grief Support Center Presents Night for Hope
Autoréplication, l'Histoire en rétroaction
More Breaking News...