Request for investigation, impeachment proceedings where appropriate, in re: TERRY NAFISI – Clerk of the Court, US District Court, Central District of California
Los Angeles, December 7 Human Rights Alert (NGO) and Joseph Zernik, PhD, filed a request  with Congressman John Conyers, Jr, Chair - House Committee on the Judiciary, Senator Patrick Leahy, Chair - Senate Committee on the Judiciary, and Congresswoman Louise McIntosh Slaughter,Chair - House Committee on Rules, for investigation and if appropriate impeachment proceedings against TERRY NAFISI, Clerk of the US Court, Central District of California.
The request alleged that conduct of Clerk TERRY NAFISI constituted violations of her Oath of Office, including, but not limited to: denial of access to the courts, deprivation of rights under the color of law, and/or misprision of felonies; therefore - impeachable offences.
The request listed three specific cases, which should be considered of the highest public policy significance, because of the nature of underlying matters:
1. Fine v Sheriff (2:09-cv-01914) [,,,]
It was alleged that Clerk TERRY NAFISI colluded with Judge JOHN WALTER and Magistrate CARLA WOEHRLE in the conduct of pretense litigation under Fine v Sheriff, intended to cover-up alleged criminality by Judge DAVID YAFFE of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles and Sheriff LEROY BACA, County of Los Angeles, pertaining to alleged false imprisonment of former US prosecutor Richard Fine with no valid arrest and/or booking records.
2. Zernik v Connor et al (2:08-cv-01550) [,,]
It was alleged that Clerk TERRY NAFISI colluded with Judge VIRGINIA PHILLIPS and Magistrate CARLA WOEHRLE in the conduct of pretense litigation under Zernik v Connor et al, intended to cover-up criminality by BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATION (and COUNTRYWIDE FINANICIAL CORPORATION) and its most senior officers, and also alleged criminality by Judges of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, all named Defendants in the caption.
3. Log Cabin Republicans v United States of America et al(2:04-cv-08425) 
It was alleged that Clerk TERRY NAFISI colluded with Judges GEORGE SCHIAVELLI and VIRGINIA PHILLIPS JOHN WALTER, and Magistrate CHARLES EICK in the conduct of pretense litigation under Log Cabin Republicans v United States of America et al, which undermined the rights of all gay persons, who served in the armed forces of the United States.
The request alleged that conduct of Clerk TERRY NAFISI undermined the Human, Constitutional, and Civil rights of all who came to the US District Court, Central District of California for protection of rights. Furthermore, conduct of Clerk NAFISI undermined Banking Regulation in the United States. It was noted that the Central District of California was one of the most populous in the United States.
The request further noted that conduct of Clerk TERRY NAFISI also reflected structural deficiencies in the integrity of the United States courts:
1. Lack of accountability of the Clerks of the Courts for the integrity of the electronic court records.
2. Lack of validity and integrity of PACER and CM/ECF as electronic court administration systems.
The request also outlined proposed corrective measures by US Congress relative to such deficiencies:
1. Restoring provisions of the Salary Act of 1919 - placing the clerks under the authority of the US Attorney General.
2. Enacting federal rules for the electronic administration of the courts.
The request was copied to Congressman Barney Frank, Chair - House Financial Services Committee, Senator Christopher Dodd, Chair - Senate Banking Committee, Senator Carl Levin, Chair - Senate Investigations Committee, Senator Dianne Feinstein, the Basel Accords Committee (on international banking), various national central banks, and the United Nations Human Rights Council, Working Group on the 2010 Universal Periodic Review of Human Rights in the United States.
Human Rights Alert previously filed a request for investigation and impeachment proceedings against Judge JED RAKOFF, Judge VIRGINIA PHILLIPS, Judge JOHN WALTER, and Magistrate CARLA WOEHRLE, in matters pertaining to Human Rights and Banking Regulation. 
Human Rights Alert - NGO
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
Locations of visitors to this page
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?
* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
WHAT DID THE UNITED NATIONS HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL STAFF REPORT SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?
* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
i. 10-12-07 Request for Investigation and if Appropriate - Impeachment Proceedings - against TERRY NAFISI - Clerk of the Court, US District Court, Central District of California