- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by Israel IMC
Tuesday, Jul. 25, 2006 at 2:12 PM
Unfortunately, they don't ban the use of the weapons themselves - even if international law has. If I were the one comitting War Crimes, I wouldn't want people talking about them either.
Israel bans reporting of use of "unique" weapons in Lebanon
By Redress Information & Analysis
25 July 2006
Israel has issued new censorship guidelines banning reporting of the "use of unique kinds of ammunition and weaponry" in Lebanon. This comes amid reports that Israel is using chemical weapons during its bombing of civilians in Lebanon. Below is the text of the guidelines, sent to international and local news organizations by the chief Israeli military censor, Colonel Sima Vaknin-Gil, on 23 July.
23 July 2006
Subject: Military Operations in the North -- Censorship Guidelines Regarding Ground Operations.
1. Following are the main censorship guidelines regarding the continuation of military operations in the north, with emphasis on ground warfare on the northern border.
2. The guidelines in this document are comprehensive and refer to the option of large-scale military activity. The relevant guidelines should also be applied to the current ground operations.
3. Please brief editors, producers, broadcasters, correspondents with emphasis on field correspondents and other network employees on these guidelines in order to avoid any misunderstanding.
4. Due to the frequent broadcasts and the many live updates considerable attention should be given to what is said by the correspondents in the field. Please make sure that any correspondent/analyst in the field knows the censorship guidelines. The potential error during a live update is very high and you are held responsible for everything broadcast during a live update.
5. This document has been sent to local news agencies as well.
6. This document is the follow-up to the former document "The Fighting In The Northern Arena".
Col. Sima Vaknin-Gil
The Censorship Guidelines Regarding Ground Operations In The North For Reports And Live Updates.
1. This document will detail the main guidelines regarding operations on the northern border by the Censor.
2. This document contains three main topics: general guidelines for news coverage, coverage of activity leading to the ground operation and the coverage of the combat itself.
3. Any news item that is not within these boundaries must be submitted to the Censorship before it is published.
4. Coverage of any kind, that states intent, specific/general abilities and/or any operational activity (in a live broadcast) is not authorized by the Censorship. In principle, analysis based on matters that were approved for publication is allowed.
5. In a case where a news item is not within the boundaries given by the Chief Censor, the issue should be dealt with by the two censorship bases either in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem.
6. There is a special emphasis on matters regarding the activity of special forces and the use of unique kinds of ammunition and weaponry.
7. In principle, news items on the intelligence abilities / lack of abilities during the operation will not be authorized.
Coverage of activity leading to ground operation
The censorship does not approve any verbal information or visual photography that attest to:
8. The military order-of-battle.
9. The type of force, the forces' special abilities and warfare equipment.
10. Movement routes.
11. Assembly areas and deployments.
12. Information on forces transferring from one area to another (thinning of forces).
13. Locations of command posts.
14. It is strictly forbidden to mention the time and location in which the army forces might enter the enemy's territory.
15. The codename of the operation will be approved for publication only from the moment it begins.
16. Pictures of the army forces will be approved as long as the location in which they were taken is not disclosed.
The live coverage of the combat itself
17. It is strictly forbidden to show a picture of the full battle coverage, with an emphasis of identifying the location (long shot pictures).
18. It is strictly forbidden to mention military targets while these targets are being pursued.
19. It is strictly forbidden, until the information is cleared by the censorship, to publish information concerning missing personnel and captives (from both sides).
20. Coverage of aerial accidents in Israeli territory can only be approved by the censor. In hostile territory, this information will not be approved until the evacuation of the staff and equipment from that area is completed.
21. It is strictly forbidden to conduct real time coverage on visits of officials. Interviews and photography will be approved later, after the end of the visit.
22. During an incident authorization for coverage of the reasons for the incident will be given as long as there is no breach of Israeli security concerns (thus personal opinions and analyses for the reasons of the incident are allowed).
23. Coverage of an incident with casualties as always, must be submitted to the censorship.
Report this post as:
LATEST COMMENTS ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
Listed below are the 10 latest comments of 44 posted about this article.
These comments are anonymously submitted by the website visitors.
|This is a routine
||Tuesday, Jul. 25, 2006 at 4:04 PM
|We know now how Israel does it--they are a rogue terror state
||Tuesday, Jul. 25, 2006 at 6:17 PM
|Do you know what kind of weapons causes this damage?
||Wednesday, Jul. 26, 2006 at 3:24 AM
|They think that they are above the law as the y murder children
||Friday, Jul. 28, 2006 at 6:33 PM
||complicit in civilian deaths
||Friday, Jul. 28, 2006 at 6:47 PM
|Civillian deaths by the hundreds
||Friday, Jul. 28, 2006 at 7:25 PM
|"Israel has been dropping leaflets in populated areas warning civilians"
||more Zionist terrorism
||Friday, Jul. 28, 2006 at 7:40 PM
|"This is nothing but terrorism, just like in Gaza"
||Saturday, Jul. 29, 2006 at 6:07 AM
|Lies and the lying lzioliars that tell them
||Saturday, Jul. 29, 2006 at 10:49 AM
|"Nobody is asking Hizbollah for a cease-fire"
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 6:39 AM
|driving into the sea--pure propaganda
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 6:40 AM
|re: "Try this TW"
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 9:01 AM
|re: 'Futile' by thuh Hebron baby-slab-o-matic
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 9:03 AM
|"ETHNIC CLEANSING (compulsory population transfer)"
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 9:33 AM
|"the IDF left Bint Jbail"
||charismatic critical gehrig
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 9:45 AM
|"more than 200 dead"
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 10:16 AM
|Does the name Custer ring a bell?
||whistling past the graveyard
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 10:41 AM
|Futile says the blind man
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 10:44 AM
|"Does the name Custer ring a bell?" blah blah blah
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 11:00 AM
|What about original post/topic?
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 11:05 AM
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 11:49 AM
|More Mau Math
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 11:49 AM
|If somebody called you on the phone and said
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 12:32 PM
|A simple yes or no would suffice.
||typical Zionist dodge
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 1:29 PM
|Another logical fallacy
||typical Zionist ploy
||Sunday, Jul. 30, 2006 at 4:53 PM
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
After Being Told He's 'Full of Sh*t' at School Event, Mnuchin Demands UCLA Suppress Video
Resolution of the Rent Strike in Boyle Heights
What Big Brother Knows About You and What You Can Do About It
Step Up As LAPD Chief Charlie Beck Steps Down
Our House Grief Support Center Hosts 9th Annual Run For Hope, April 29
Don’t let this LA County Probation Department overhaul proposal sit on the shelf
Echo Park Residents Sue LA Over Controversial Development
Former Signal Hill police officer pleads guilty in road-rage incident in Irvine
Calif. Police Accused of 'Collusion' With Neo-Nazis After Release of Court Documents
Center for the Study of Political Graphics exhibit on Police Abuse posters
City Agrees to Settle Lawsuit Claiming Pasadena Police Officer Had His Sister Falsely Arre
Professor's Study Highlights Health Risks of Urban Oil Drilling
Claims paid involving Pasadena Police Department 2014 to present
Pasadenans - get your license plate reader records from police
LA Times Homicide Report
More Local News...
What does the Quran Say About Islamic Dress??
Biodiversité ou la nature privatisée
The Market is a Universal Totalitarian Religion
Book Available about Hispanics and US Civil War by National Park Service
The Shortwave Report 04/20/18 Listen Globally!
The Republican 'Prolife' Party Is the Party of War, Execution, and Bear Cub Murder
Paraphysique de la dictature étatique
Book Review: "The New Bonapartists"
The West Must Take the First Steps to Russia
Théorie générale de la révolution ou hommage à feu Mikhaïl Bakounine
The Shortwave Report 04/13/18 Listen Globally!
“Lost in a Dream” Singing Competition Winner to Be Chosen on April 15 for ,000 Prize!
The World Dependent on Central Banks
Ohio Governor Race: Dennis Kucinich & Richard Cordray Run Against Mike DeWine
March 2018 Honduras Coup Again Update
Apologie du zadisme insurrectionnel
ICE contract with license plate reader company
Black Portraiture(S) IV: The Color of Silence...Cuba No...Cambridge Yes
Prohibiting Micro-Second Betting on the Exchanges
Prosecutors treat Muslims harsher than non-Muslims for the same crimes
Amy Goodman interview on cell phone safety
Mesa, Arizona police officer kills unarmed white man
Israeli leaders should be prosecuted for war crimes
Paraphysique de l'autorité
Two Podcasts on fbi corruption
Fbi assassins assault & try to kill DAVID ATKINS
More Breaking News...