- js reader version
- view hidden posts
- tags and related articles
by National Irish Freedom Committee
Sunday, Jul. 23, 2006 at 6:59 PM
firstname.lastname@example.org NIFC PO BOX 771084, WOODSIDE, NY 11377
How can you help? Get involved and take part in the Cabhair monthly sustainer! Cabhair, is an Irish charitable organisation that provides financial assistance to the dependants and family members of Irish Republican political prisoners. I would urge everyone who reads this to help them in this most noble of work by making a contribution. Cumann Na Saoirse Náisiúnta (National Irish Freedom Committee) sends all collected donations straight to Cabhair through its Monthly Sustainer program. The program is the cornerstone of the NIFC's Irish Republican Political Activists Support (IRPAS) Campaign. The Sustainer program operates on the pledge principle, whereby, donors pledge a monthly contribution: the amount to be decided by the donor. The National irish Freedom Committee is getting the word out that there are still Republican political prisoners in both Irish states and that the dependants of these prisoners and other political activists deserve our assistance. Get involved! Participants in the program will receive monthly bulletins informing them of up to date information regarding the plight of political activists who are imprisoned on the inside or in a state of virtual imprisonment on the outside! The National Irish Freedom Committee supports the dependents of Republican political prisoners through Cabhair in Ireland. Cabhair has been in existence for many years supporting the dependents of faithful Republican prisoners, and ensnared Éire Nua political activists throughout the 32 Irish counties. Anyone wishing to take part in the program should contact at: IRPAS@irishfreedom.net and visit the NIFC's website at: http://www.irishfreedom.net
Facts about Republican Prisoners at Maghaberry Gaol
* Thirty-eight Republican Prisoners currently imprisoned in Maghaberry Gaol.
* "Controlled movement" is imposed on Republican landings with only three prisoners permitted out of their cells on the landing at any one time with each prisoners accompanied by two prison officers. Free Association on landings completely removed.
* Legislation introduced by British government following the Good Friday Agreement removed the right of Republican prisoners to organise themselves on their own landings and removed the right of Republican prisoners to spend their time in prison constructively.
* Prisoners made to chose between daily exercise or education. Prisoners denied educational facilities to enable them to organise their own education.
* Easter lilies banned in the prison. Other Republican handicrafts confiscated and destroyed by prison officers.
* PSNI/RUC approval required before prisoners permitted on Republican landing.
* Republican prisoners’ parole entitlement has been reduced to half that of other prisoners.
* Denial of compassionate paroles for family and religious occasions. Parole for funerals of immediate family members often restricted to 6 hours or less.
* Constant use of strip searching to humiliate prisoners contrary to international law. One prisoner received 31 strip searches and 1,135 rub down searches in a six month period.
* Prisoners locked in their cells for alternately 21/23 hours per day.
* Abuse of the sniffer dogs in an attempt to criminalise political prisoners. Families and prisoners are wrongly accused of smuggling drugs into the prison. Familes are forced to have closed family visits which take place through Perspex screen while prisoners returning from parole are placed in solitary confinement for 48 hours.
* Family visitors exposed to Loyalist visitors while visiting prison. Prisoners exposed to Loyalists going to and from legal visits.
* The power of the Governor to punish a prisoner by taking away remission was reintroduced specifically for Republican prisoners after it was banned by the European Court of Human Rights in 2002.
* Access to a doctor available only once a week.
* Interference with correspondence.
* Irish language and cultural items including handicrafts made relating to hunger strikes confiscated or destroyed by prison officers.
Cumann Na Saoirse Náisíunta
National Irish Freedom Committee
Report this post as:
GUIDE TO REBEL CITY LOS ANGELES AVAILABLE
lausd whistle blower
Help KCET and UCLA identify 60s-70s Chicano images
UCLA Luskin: Casting Youth Justice in a Different Light
Change Links April 2018
Nuclear Shutdown News March 2018
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Join The Protest Rally in Glendale on April 10, 2018!
Spring 2018 National Immigrant Solidarity Network News Alert!
Anti-Eviction Mapping Project Shows Shocking Eviction Trends in L.A.
Steve Mnuchin video at UCLA released
Actress and Philanthropist Tanna Frederick Hosts Project Save Our Surf Beach Clean Ups
After Being Told He's 'Full of Sh*t' at School Event, Mnuchin Demands UCLA Suppress Video
Resolution of the Rent Strike in Boyle Heights
What Big Brother Knows About You and What You Can Do About It
Step Up As LAPD Chief Charlie Beck Steps Down
Our House Grief Support Center Hosts 9th Annual Run For Hope, April 29
Don’t let this LA County Probation Department overhaul proposal sit on the shelf
Echo Park Residents Sue LA Over Controversial Development
Former Signal Hill police officer pleads guilty in road-rage incident in Irvine
Calif. Police Accused of 'Collusion' With Neo-Nazis After Release of Court Documents
Center for the Study of Political Graphics exhibit on Police Abuse posters
City Agrees to Settle Lawsuit Claiming Pasadena Police Officer Had His Sister Falsely Arre
Professor's Study Highlights Health Risks of Urban Oil Drilling
Claims paid involving Pasadena Police Department 2014 to present
Pasadenans - get your license plate reader records from police
LA Times Homicide Report
More Local News...
TheMilitary of Yemen IN In The 1990's
The Shortwave Report 04/27/18 Listen Globally!
Federal Bank Examiner FDIC recalls year long 1999 robbery in 2017
Doxa du lobby
Tech workers organize
Architect Stephen Francis Jones
UN Forum Wrestles with Economic Policies 10 Years After Financial Crisis Islands Call for
What does the Quran Say About Islamic Dress??
Biodiversité ou la nature privatisée
The Market is a Universal Totalitarian Religion
Book Available about Hispanics and US Civil War by National Park Service
The Shortwave Report 04/20/18 Listen Globally!
The Republican 'Prolife' Party Is the Party of War, Execution, and Bear Cub Murder
Paraphysique de la dictature étatique
Book Review: "The New Bonapartists"
The West Must Take the First Steps to Russia
Théorie générale de la révolution ou hommage à feu Mikhaïl Bakounine
The Shortwave Report 04/13/18 Listen Globally!
“Lost in a Dream” Singing Competition Winner to Be Chosen on April 15 for ,000 Prize!
The World Dependent on Central Banks
Ohio Governor Race: Dennis Kucinich & Richard Cordray Run Against Mike DeWine
March 2018 Honduras Coup Again Update
Apologie du zadisme insurrectionnel
ICE contract with license plate reader company
Black Portraiture(S) IV: The Color of Silence...Cuba No...Cambridge Yes
More Breaking News...