Congressional Resolve: Oil Giants Too Big
Stewart A. Alexander
California Lieutenant Governor
Peace and Freedom Party
Americans are weeks away from the vacation months when gasoline consumption and prices generally peak, however with gasoline prices climbing into the outer limits Americans are frustrated and are being financially drained at the pumps.
The leadership in Washington has failed to offer any measures that will give consumers any relief at the pumps and are only taking directions from the oil producing giants.
Observing congress dealing with this gasoline crisis is like watching a hunter trying to stop a grizzly bear with a pellet gun. Americans will pay ,200 to over ,000 more per family for gasoline in 2006 with the recent price increases and recently Senator Bill Frist, the Senate Majority Leader, proposed giving Americans a rebate check for 0. Congressional members quickly realized this would have amounted to nothing less than an insult to consumers and any such rebate would quickly be consumed by higher gasoline cost. There was no serious debate on this proposal.
Congress has moved forward to investigate the big oil companies for any possible price gouging at the pumps, however today we see the big oil executives appearing on national television and boldly stating they will make all the profits possible for their investors. Congress has failed to realize what over 220 millions American drivers have already discovered, there is price gouging at the pumps.
Stewart Alexander, with the Peace and Freedom Party, says “This one party system is not working for Americans; this Democratic Republican Party is under the control of big oil.” Alexander is the California lieutenant governor candidate for his party.
The big oil companies have finally found the congress they have awaited for over one hundred years; in the 21st Century big oil appears to be beyond U.S. authority and is playing by their own rules.
Recently Bee County, Texas, called for a boycott against Exxon Mobil in response to rising gasoline prices. Alexander had sponsored a similar gasoline boycott in early 2005 and 2006, a rotating boycott of all the big oil companies, however within the past month Alexander has given his endorsement and support for boycotting Exxon Mobil to control rising gasoline prices. Alexander wants 87 octane and diesel at .25 per gallon or lower.
Alexander believes the leaders in Bee County, Texas, can take this action against Exxon Mobil because they owe big oil nothing; on the other hand, our national leaders have taken huge contributions from big oil, now it’s time for Americans to pay back at the pumps.
Americans appear to be loosing confidence in the Democratic Republican Party because it’s a members only club representing only 10 percent of America; the other 90 percent, poor Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, immigrants, minorities, the homeless, the working class and the middle class are all excluded.
Alexander says, “The national leaders advocating consumer protection against gasoline price gouging are no longer in Washington, DC, today you will find them in Bee County, Texas.”
For more information, search the Web for Stewart A. Alexander, for Lieutenant Governor.