---STOP THE BUDGET CUTS---
On Feb. 1, the U.S. House of Representatives will vote
budget reconciliation bill that will cut .7 billion
vital programs for working families and low-income
These cuts include .7 billion from the federal
program and .4 billion from Medicaid.
Together, we've already delayed this vote by a few
together, we can stop these unjust cuts--if we act
Please ask everyone you know who cares about working
and the poor to call their representative toll free
the budget reconciliation bill:
This budget would:
- Slash health care funding for the poor.
- Cut enforcement for child support, making it harder
parents to raise their children.
- Push the American dream beyond reach for many young
cutting .7 billion from the federal student loan
program--the largest cut in the program's history.
- Force states to cut child care assistance to
thousands of low-income working families.
- Cut foster care funds for children cared for by
and other relatives.
And do you know where the savings would go? To offset
billion in new tax cuts for the rich.
It's time to get everyone we know who cares about
families and families in need to call their
- I oppose the budget reconciliation bill coming
Congress. With cuts to vital programs, like federal
programs and Medicaid, it is an attack on working
- Our government needs to support working families,
not make our
lives more difficult.
We cannot let Congress pass a budget that hurts
families who are
already struggling for a better life.
Call your U.S. representative on our "Stop the Cuts"