Call to Action to Stop the MinuteMen in Campo from July 16-19th
This is a call from the o.r.g.a.n.i.c. collective to all those who
oppose racist violence to come to Campo, California, one hour east of San Diego, from July 16th to 19th and disrupt, interfere with and stop the activities of the MinuteMen.
In Arizona, protesters demonstrated against the MinuteMen, the ACLU
documented the MinuteMen and the corporate media broadcast the racist
hate speech of the MinuteMen far and wide. The phrase "illegals", used
to dehumanize migrant people, could be heard on television stations
In California, we will not do the same. As Anarchists and
Anti-Authoritarians, we are dedicated to creating change in the world,
not asking for it. We are not simply protesting any more. We are
fighting for our lives. We cannot let racist vigilante groups organize
in our communities. We will stop them.
This is a call out to the people everywhere to come to Campo,
California and bring energy, ideas and equipment to stop the MinuteMen.
Some suggestions include:
- noise makers of any and every kind: bullhorns, pots and pans, boom
boxes, cars with loud stereos, convertible lowriders, drums, air horns,
cans with pennies in them, plastic bottles with rice in them, flutes,
horns, anything that makes lots of noise. They can't hear migrants
coming when there's music blasting in their faces.
- flashlights, headlights, head lamps, maglites, anything that creates a
lot of light. Its going to be hard to use night vision goggles when
you're sitting in a circle of artificial daylight in the middle of the
- video cameras: these racist vigilantes are armed. They brandish rifles, pistols and all sorts of weapons. when we interrupt their activities, they are bound to become angry. We cannot depend on the corporate media to guarantee our safety. The police have released MinuteMen volunteers from any charges even when their violent actions occur in broad daylight in front of many witnesses, such as in Garden Grove. We have to document every moment of our efforts.
- bandanas, glasses and goggles will help keep the desert dust out of
your face and the police video cameras away too!
- Be creative! Huge banners, huge signs, huge puppets, anything to
obstruct the vision of these racist migrant hunters is useful! Costumes,
theatre, clowning anything to de-escalate the violent intentions of the
MinuteMen is important! Road blockades can keep them from their meeting
places! Bring the kids! Fun for the whole family! Bring 3 weiner dogs!
Campo, California is just the beginning, with only a handful of
MinuteMen volunteers who will be easily stopped. If their numbers are greater, we will be organizing people to go out to Campo throughout the week.
September 16th will be the real focus of our efforts. We are working to mobilize people from around the country to come to San Diego to stop the larger MinuteMen operation taking place on Mexican Independence Day, Dia de La Patria. If you can't make it to Campo on in the next few days, make plans to come to San Diego on September 16th and take part in a major mobilization to challenge not only Capitalism and the racism it depends on, but Empire and the borders it uses to control the movement of people!
the o.r.g.a.n.i.c collective