* Are you upset about how the corporate media act as cheerleaders from war, while they profit from it?
* Are you frustrated about how the corporate media named George Bush as our president before he actually was, supporting the illegal election?
* Are you tired of never hearing the words "global warming" come from the mouth of a TV newsperson?
* Are you sick of hearing about the NASDAQ and the New York Stock Exchange numbers instead of the number of unemployed, homeless, or people without healthcare?
* Are you tired of watching the corporate media misrepresent your issues, your actions and your organizations?
* Are you sick of hearing the words "immigrant" and "terrorist" and “activist” in the same sentence on TV and Radio?
We think you might be suffering from the Media EmergenCy.
Come to San Diego, October 6-9, for the Media EmergenC Convergence: An exploration in to the causes and consequences of corporate media consolidation and a counter-celebration of the autonomous, alternative, and independent media movements/revolution.
The Media EmergenC will include: day long media fair featuring local and global independently funded productions (audio, print, and film); workshops on pirate and internet radio, indy-journalism, tactical video, and public access television; lectures from indy-media artists, filmmakers, journalists and activist like Anthony Lappé of the Guerrilla News Network, Hannah Sassaman of the Prometheus Radio Project, Robert Horwitz of UCSD, Sonali Kolhatkar of KPFK in Los Angeles, Fidel Rodriguez of Divine Forces Radio, Daniel Price of Abused-By-The-News, and Alternate Focus; films from SD Indy Media, the Guerilla News Network, Alternate Focus, Shocking and Awful/Paper Tiger Television, Portland Indy Media; music from The Mentone Collective, Scarlet Symphony, and others TBA.
This event will be coming to you live on Radio Active San Diego, and will be featured on GNN, Political Storm (reported by editorialist Radha Vij), San Diego Indy Media, Critical Mass Radio Network, and elsewhere. If you are interested in reporting, attending, listening, creating, or broadcasting
Check out our website @
for more details, registration, and location/schedule information.
Be a part of the Media EmergenCe and come.
- e-mail:: firstname.lastname@example.org