Anthrax Terror: A Right Wing Milita Gambit

by johnk Saturday, Oct. 20, 2001 at 7:38 PM
johnk@woodstock.com

Some idle speculation that the anthrax is being sent, not from bin Laden, but from our own domestic fundamentalist religious terrorists.

Just came across this email:

It sure looks like the Anthrax is coming from the looney right. Going to "liberal"

media and Senators, included Wellstone.

If you remember as Evan mentions some guys a few years ago, sent away for some Anthrax and got it back in the mail.

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:07:26 -0400

From: Evan Davis evan@iwaynet.net>

Subject: [change-links] Aryan Nation Anthrax lab in Lancaster, Ohio

Because people seem to forget...

The following is a short rant published in the Progressive Populist

several years ago written by a couple of friends of mine here in

Columbus. It talks about a white supremacist in a semi-rural Ohio town

who successfully ordered Anthrax through the mail and was propegating it

in his kitchen.

The original article was commissioned by TheNation but was "killed"

( not published but paid for). Anyone's guess as to why. I cancelled my

sub not long after.

http://www.populist.com/98.4.anthrax.html

It's a story that doesn't even exist in the left media, much less the right media.

A right wing terrorist could, in good conscience, release small amounts of anthrax, secure in the knowledge that he or she would not kill too many people, and create extreme terror. It would be a "wake up call to America" that everyone should get in line with their paranoid, apocalyptic fantasies.

Increasing militarization helps the milita movement, by validating their heavily armed, survivalist organizations. I think they know this, and will use the situation to help themselves, even if it means inciting terror on the population.

Wasn't OK City supposed to help unify the militia movement to unify against the federal government?

I know this is idle speculation, but I think the scenario of the militias or white power groups distributing anthrax makes as much sense as middle eastern terrorists spreading it. Any comments?

Original: Anthrax Terror: A Right Wing Milita Gambit